The Worst Part of the Best Game

Leog22

Jan 8, 2010
Hearts of Iron 2 DD & AA I really like this game but I hate it when you army's get surrounded and get destroyed and the rest of my country is taken over. But still like the game :)

HollywoodH17

Jan 6, 2010
Favorite Game: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night.

Worst Part: Lots of people would say the voice acting, but I think it's perfect in its corniness. The worst part is definitely the Underground Caverns (not the Catacombs.) The music sucks (compared to the rest of the game), the enemies are boring, it's huge, there's no easy way around it, and it's easy to get turned around.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Jak II. Hero Mode. Having to kill 40 flying guards. It's a nightmare!
Nothing to see here...
My other, true-er post is lower since I didn't read the OP.

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
Ninja Gaiden Black, i loved that game except all the platforming parts. The camera sucked. The worst platforming parts were the beginning of chapter 12 and 13. Oh man that pissed me off.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
The flashback scene in Final Fantasy VII. It was ok the first time because it helped with the story and you didn't know how boring it was, but after that, ugh.

jesse.

Nov 13, 2009
Jenova65 said:
Hubilub said:
That it ended.

Applies with everyone's favorite game!
I think you just summed it up perfectly. I hate finishing my fave games :'-(
I love to finish my favourite games at first, but then the next time I go on its never the same.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
I just read the OP and I'm gonna post again.

My favorite game: God of War II.

Worst part: Having to keep a man alive so I can kill him later after he reads some text. That is the only reason I haven't beaten the Very Hard Mode.

Manwithahat

May 18, 2009
Baldur's Gate 2 - The Beholder Lair.
Neverwinter Nights - The Peninsula District. The God-damned motherfucking Peninsula District.

Evilproduct

Oct 25, 2009
Vrex360 said:
There's a running consistancy in the Halo trilogy (not counting spinoffs) of many great levels that are fun to blast through but that there is always that ONE level that everyone seems to hate.
Halo CE: The library
Halo 2: Sacred Icon
Halo 3: Cortana
Cortana is the worst of the three. You start off with a gun that WILL NOT help you against the Flood and because theyre your only enemy ingame on that level, you have to scrounge around for other weapons that are dropped at spefified points on the map. Plus Gravemind keeps getting inside your head for some reason in this level, ist fairly annoying.

Also, I never really like the Noveria missions in Mass Effect, dont get me wrong i loved the game as a whole, i just didnt like Noveria all that much.

xxygizx

Jan 3, 2010
According to my Backloggery account, I've got seven games marked with the site's highest possible ranking. I'm just going to rocket through them.

Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no jidaigeki dayo, zenin shuugou!(For clarification, this is River City Ransom's Japanese-only sequel. It basically has more of everything)
This game is absolutely fantastic, but the game's area is built in such a non-linear fashion, that it's quite possible to complete the game without visiting all the areas in the game. And by that, I mean it's actually possible to beat every enemy in the game without visiting every area in the game since the enemies are moving about constantly.
Good luck figuring out how to use some of the techniques you can learn. One requires you to press A+B+Down simultaneously... while in the air!
Also this game suffers the same disappointing final boss syndrome that River City Ransom had.

Guitar Hero II
Sweet Child O' Mine is a cover. Need I say more?
Okay, I'll give a proper complaint. The cooperative portion of the game is extremely lackluster, primarily due to poor song choices in terms of bass. Not to mention the lack of drumming and singing that Rock Band would add.

King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.
A bunch of this game's puzzles are hard to figure out without of trial and error. Here's a lovely example:
Early on in the game, you can get items from a pawn shop. You can trade any of the items at any point for a different item, as well as being able to completely get rid of the item altogether by trading an old lamp for a new lamp. At one point in the game, you'll be thrown in to a labyrinth with a minotaur. After traveling through the maze and escaping a falling ceiling death trap, you will fall into a dark room. If you don't have the old lamp with you: You die. No joke.
This isn't even to speak of this gigantic sequence of avoiding guards patrolling the inside of a castle and finding a specific room that's just about as far away from everything that you need to get to as possible (so that you can solve the relationship problems of the kingdom with the neighboring islands) in order to get the best ending of the game. Speaking of the best ending, one also has to visit the freaking dungeon that you're in general trying to avoid to find interact with a character who doesn't seem to do anything outside of the ending sequence.

Kirby's Dream Land 2
This game's copy system leaves much to be desired with only six copy abilities. Even with the three helpers (which boosts the number of abilities to a technical twenty-four), none of the attacks are complex enough, making most abilities decidedly interchangeable.

Rock Band 2
This game's world tour is incredibly dull (particularly for a single player), seeing as the game is constantly forcing you to play repeat songs. I would never have made it through the entire game without the Rock Band export and a significant amount of downloadable content to break the monotony of White Wedding, That's What You Get, and (oh sweet lord) Livin' on a Prayer.

StarTropics
Any time one traveled to any over-world, EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. ON. THE. MAP. had to be talked to before you could continue. This wouldn't be so bad if they even gave out game tips, but no: they talk about their pointless lacks of lives.
No matter how much fun all the dungeons are: No one should ever admit to finding the rooms where all the floor (instant death traps and all) went completely black to be really fun.
There were also a number of [a href="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GuideDangIt"]GuideDangIt[/a] moments, including, but not limited to: Playing a note sequence on a piano related to you by a parrot (that has to be played perfectly upon entering the room, or else you have to leave and come back), locating a ghost (by using a limited use magic rod) hiding in a random corner in a random room so that it would open the true path to continue, and even ignoring the exit of a stage to find a secret exit to the room so that you can find the actual boss of the stage instead of being kicked out of the level.

Super Smash Bros.
The game's artificial intelligence was pretty stupid. Not quite as bad as some of the later games, surprisingly, but still not great.
And of course, this game had less characters than Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but the balance was a lot closer in this, the first, game than all the unbalanced messes that came afterwards.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
GoW:Rolling logs of death in Hades.
Borderlands:Those fucking CL4P-TP's.
GoW2:The elevator where you have to turn the handle and enemies spawn to try and kill,and the ceiling is coming down.

Jiggabyte

Dec 19, 2009
Evilproduct said:
Also, I never really like the Noveria missions in Mass Effect, dont get me wrong i loved the game as a whole, i just didnt like Noveria all that much.
Me and my friend both agree: Noveria is terrible.
I messed up the plot progression by purging before fighting Benezia... then the acting. My god. Benezia's death is terrible.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
grimliam said:
The sloth Demon dream in Dragon Age Origins is annoying
BLASPHEMY! That was the best part of the game to me! Free stats, well done shapeshifting, unlike what Morrigan can pull off, a puzzle-solving feel to it - what's there not to like about it!?

now, on topic, mine would be how in The Witcher, in the ending

Geralt is not given any choice..he has to fight the Grandmaster and can't join him, even if this might seem stupid or ridiculous at first

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
It's not my favourite but entering the fade in Dragon Age sucked. I built my party to work as a cohesive unit that needed to work together and then I got dumped into an extremely repetititve crapfest with my archery-based rogue.

Zweiblumen

Mar 21, 2009
DP155ToneZone said:
Deus Ex.

The um, lack of um, or um jeez um, well um, hmm.

I know how someone COULD say the NPC's voice acting, but i find it to be wonderfully camp!
This is pretty much all I can think of. I.e. nothing, and Deus Ex is awesome.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
The Water Temple of Ocarina of Time.

From a design standpoint, it's just a pain in the ass to run through.