The year is ending...what's your greatest accomplishment?

gyroc1

Nov 26, 2011
I made a Skull Kid costume for Halloween. And I got to play Mr. Gimmick for the summer by using a fake Japanese account on PSN.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
jack shit.

I worked a dead-end job, got fired, havent found a new one yet, had to move back in with my mother, met a girl, got dumped because I look like her ex, finished a novel, read it, realized I had done everything I hate in writing and that I had not created a novel, but one long cliche. before deciding whether to throw it out or submit it to a publisher in hopes of getting a crappy dime novel on the shelves, I accidentally spilled icewater on it, causing the pages to dampen and run with ink. It is now totally unreadable.

I also have officially lost contact with the last of my friends from real life.

I have accomplished nothing this year except that I played some more videogames. yay me
ugh

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Found love! :D

Runner up: paid for dental work out of pocket! Getting a wee bit closer to being financially independent!

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Well, I had my first relationship, granted it ended in heartbreak but still is a milestone. Twas a mutual thing, me and my former are trying to stay friends after all of it, though it has been rocky I'm hoping it'll all work out in the end.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
The making of two important, life-changing decisions.

One will happen if one other person is willing for it to. The other will happen regardless; I have put it off long enough.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
UrieHusky said:
I made at least one person smile in joy every single day of the year, like every other year.

Yes I accomplished what others would consider bigger things but to me no achievement is greater than bringing joy to others
You sir/madam, this is what I live for, bringing joy to others is one of the greatest gifts one can give. I pride myself on the ability to do that, I always consider this to be my greatest achievement

I raise my glass to you

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
My greatest feat of this year would probably be having gone the whole year without ever getting a job and still being able to support myself.
I had some money left over from my last job, and I've been making it last, apparently. Low-rent apartments are awesome.

It has been tough, however.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Getting distinctions at my college course I think is a good accomplishment :)

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Finished high school, moved out of state, went to college, and got a new job. I suppose that last one isn't that great as my previous job was better. But in this economy I really can't complain.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I lost 60lbs. For my personal goal weight, I have 40 more lbs. I want to lose. I was also told my weight loss inspired a few others to live healthier lifestyles and that they were losing weight as well. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Though my cousin and her friend basically called me pro-anorexia and that I wanted everyone to be a perfect Hollywood size 0. But honestly, that's what I get for mentioning that I think a majority of people should be active and eat moderately well no matter what size they are, and that being healthy is the most important thing.

Really, what was I thinking?

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Holding Acre in medieval total war 2 against the Mongolian hoard.. it survived 20 individual assaults including one attack from three full Mongolian armies.. god I'm proud of those men..

Otherwise, not a lot, I also learned to draw to a reasonable standard, thank god for those good'ol tutorial sites..

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
probably getting into university, and not fucking it up within 3 months!

oh and i finally moved in with my girlfriend over the summer. so yeah, that seems about it ^^