Has anyone seen The Ruins?

It's totally terrible, vaguely hilarious

Don't you just love bad films?
I play the "who-is-gonna-die-first" game with my mates, we're usually right

Black Christmas was good for that

What are your favourite bad films?

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
My favorite "bad" film is Stay Alive, it was a lot of fun to watch with friends and just like you we played the "who-is-gonna-die-first" game.
Ronwue said:
I tend to not like bad films because they're you know... bad.
I think he means something more along the lines of "which movie did you enjoy for reasons other than it being a good movie."

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
The Super Mario Bros. movie was terribad.
Though I get the feeling I'm not allowed to acknowledge its existance.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
The Wickerman (Original) is a classically bad film. It's just such a mockery of Pagans.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
I personally found the first Resident Evil movie to be hilariously bad.
I loved it to the point I have all three on DVD. Personally, I thought Paul W.S. Anderson stayed true to the ideas of the series, but added his own new ideas as well, such as the idea of Alice as a character, and in Extinction, the whole 'society meltdown' and Nevada convoys, which although by no means original, was still a refreshing addition to the Resident Evil universe. Script was pretty good and as an amateur film-maker myself I felt the general cinematography was excellent, to a par I've only seen with Alfonso Cuaron's films so far.

As for films I've thought were bad, apart from Uwe Boll, I suppose I'd have to say Apocalypse Now. This is mainly because it deviated too far from the themes it was meant to explore. It was based on Joseph Conrad's book Heart of Darkness, which had nothing to do with Vietnam and everything to do with the African jungle and the slave trade and Belgian trading companies (based on the author's own experiences). Apocalypse Now was an alright film on its own but it borrowed from Heart of Darkness to the point where it wasn't enough, but still too much. To clarify, it was halfway between the book and being a stand alone film and I felt it couldn't make up it's mind whether or not it was really an adaptation of the novel. Plus, Martin Sheen didn't really stand out in his main role there.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
The Wickerman (Original) is a classically bad film. It's just such a mockery of Pagans.
I thought it was a fairly balanced movie, with Pagans being fun and more sensible, yet still sacrificed people, and the Christian, who was rude, repressed, and boring, yet was not quite as bloodthirsty.

Given the option, the movie truly made take the Pagans' side. It just makes more sense.

My favorite bad movie would have to be Undercover Brother. It's just such a cheesy spoof of blaxploitation films throughout.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Gaskell said:
Has anyone seen The Ruins?

It's totally terrible, vaguely hilarious

Don't you just love bad films?
I play the "who-is-gonna-die-first" game with my mates, we're usually right

Black Christmas was good for that

What are your favourite bad films?
The ruins was one of the worst films I have seen. But unfortunatley I had an unlucky night and saw it b2b with 'the happening' which made 'the ruins' looks like a Kubrick masterpiece. Believe you me from one scholar to another there is far worse horror than The Ruins, but yes it is a truelly shit film.

EDIT: See ghosts on Mars for details...Bring it on Clive Barker fans lol

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
RebelRising said:
Zombie_Fish said:
I thought it was a fairly balanced movie, with Pagans being fun and more sensible, yet still sacrificed people, and the Christian, who was rude, repressed, and boring, yet was not quite as bloodthirsty.

Given the option, the movie truly made take the Pagans' side. It just makes more sense.

My favorite bad movie would have to be Undercover Brother. It's just such a cheesy spoof of blaxploitation films throughout.
Yes, because pagans jump over fires naked for fertility.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
I completely diagree! The original Wickerman shows ones mans igorance in the face of an ever growing danger. I liked watching a self rightous man of outhority get brought down by people that don't respect his authority. What do you do when your laws mean nothing?

Watching him fend for himself in an isolated area, when his normal vies are made to look abnormal and his opinions equally isolated. Ever been to a rather local part of the british countryside and felt unerved by the local way of life? The Wickerman is a Great British film and was certainly not just 'a comedy slight on pagans'.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
Dead Silence won this for me, the movie was about a killer puppet (not chuckie style but stranger) and was shockingly shot but I liked it for some reason.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
RebelRising said:
Zombie_Fish said:

That's a bit caustic, the filmmakers took a bunch of elements from Celtic paganism and put it all together. It wasn't anything wildly inaccurate.

Still, the remake was worse.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
RebelRising said:
Zombie_Fish said:
RebelRising said:
Zombie_Fish said:

That's a bit caustic, the filmmakers took a bunch of elements from Celtic paganism and put it all together. It wasn't anything wildly inaccurate.

Still, the remake was worse.
Although it wasn't wildly innacurate from celtic paganism, they set the film in a much more modern time, when traditions of sacrifice for crops and naked fire jumping had died out (I've got a mate of mine whose a pagan).

But the remake was definately worse.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
The D&D movie was so very bad. The fact that it had Jeremy Irons in it and he was terrible shows just how poor it was.

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
sorry user name taken. said:
I've watched ''orgzamo'' .....actually pretty funny if you don't take it seriously (made by the creators of south park)
I thiunk I felt my IQ drop about 10 points after watching that heap of dung. And God help me, I laughed at it too.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Wasder said:
Snakes On A Plane. Just for Samuel L Jackson and childish scenes involving snakes and toilet cubicles.
Oh dude, that was just plain win!
No bad to report here, move on people :p