"There is nothing wrong being racist"

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
I'd say cut your ties with him, I surely wouldn't want to be friends with someone, let alone good friends, who is actively and outwardly racist as that.

Back in college (UK college, not uni) I was walking to the shop with a friend (whom shall be named John) and one of his friends (whom shall be named Gary). On our way back, John decided to stay behind for some reason I can't remember, leaving me to walk back with Gary, who seemed to be a likeable character. The conversation came onto politics, and I mentioned that despite not being a voter, I'd vote for Labour when I could vote. Then he asks this:-

"Why don't you vote for the BNP?" and then he starts chanting 'BNP' and 'send them all back' or something along those lines.

For people who don't know, the BNP (British National Party, wiki link [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party]) are a far-right political party here in the UK who succeeded from the 'National Front', who were pretty much a neo-Nazi group formed in the 60s. If you look at my surname (Czerwik-Hampshire) you'll notice it's not entirely British, so you can see how I'd be against anti-immigrant groups.

So yeah, any impressions given by this guy making him seem like he's alright were instantly shadowed by the word 'RACIST'. I've never met him again to this day, and I even told John, and he said that he didn't want to be friends with him anymore because of that.

So yeah, racism is bad. Don't do it.

Dec 14, 2009
-Samurai- said:
Daystar Clarion said:
-Samurai- said:
Gotta love all the people preaching tolerance while being intolerant of someone with different views.
Tolerance is putting up with something.

If a racist starts hurling their hate filled ignorance around, I will put up with it, but not without telling them how fucking stupid they are for still holding such neanderthal beliefs.
So then hurling your "hate filled ignorance" at them is somehow different than them doing the same? You're discriminating against them for discriminating against someone else.

Come on, guy. I've seen you around. You're smarter than that.
Your logic is flawed. Being intolerant of intolerance isn't the same thing.

If I see a person being violently mugged and then proceed to beat the shit out of the mugger, I'm no better than the mugger?

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Lazier Than Thou said:
Wait. Why would humans be any different from any other species? Are there no differences in intelligence levels in pitbulls vs german shepherds? Is there nothing racial in the difference between boa constrictors and rattlesnakes? Perhaps the difference between a baboon and a chimpanzee is nothing more than a difference of socio-economic influences? Are the differences in lions to tigers simply a difference in altitude?

Look, I understand how this is a dangerous path to take. I understand that acknowledging a difference in the races is scary and can easily end up in some very unsavory places. It's easy to get to racism from acknowledging differences in the races. All it takes is to see a difference and then try to determine the various benefits each race sees. Maybe group X has a lighter skeletal structure than group Y. Maybe group B shows an aptitude for upper body strength unseen in group A. It's easy how you can take this simple curiosity and desire to know generalities and extrapolate them to X supremacy.

But it's not going to end it. Recognizing differences in groups of people does not make one group better or worse than another. It doesn't negate the inherent value of human life. Let me explain how:

Would you consider a person with downs syndrome to be less of a human being than, say, Albert Einstein? The difference in intellectual ability is enormous, but the mentally handicapped are no less human, no less deserving of compassion and dignity than someone mentally superior. What about the differences between an amputee and an Olympic gold medal winner? Is the amputee worth less as a human being? No, of course not.

So why, precisely, would a person be of less value simply because their genetics show a predisposition towards, say, diabetes? Or stronger musculature? Or emotional outbursts? Or intellectual ability?

There are differences between the races. This is neither a shocking nor bad thing. It's a thing that is and must be acknowledged if there's to be any harmony between the races.
Because those differences are between species, I advise you read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human#Race_and_ethnicity

As it clearly shows, no biological borders, no scientific consensus and the vast majority of Anthropologists disregarding the notion of human "race" entirely. Those are the people qualified on this issue, not some skinhead or some idiot clone on YouTube repeating "Anti-White is code for Anti-White." and then blatantly lying and spamming videos.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
Mortai Gravesend said:
-Samurai- said:
Daystar Clarion said:
-Samurai- said:
Gotta love all the people preaching tolerance while being intolerant of someone with different views.

If a racist starts hurling their hate filled ignorance around, I will put up with it, but not without telling them how fucking stupid they are for still holding such neanderthal beliefs.
So then hurling your "hate filled ignorance" at them is somehow different than them doing the same? You're discriminating against them for discriminating against someone else.

'

You mean you don't understand the difference between basing how you treat someone on their actual beliefs and discriminating against them based on things that don't actually matter? Because beliefs matter to the character of a person, skin color doesn't. I didn't think it was that hard.
So it's all right to discriminate/treat someone differently based on their beliefs? What about culture? Is discriminating against certain cultures okay in your opinion as well? I guess it's easier to change your religion/culture/beliefs than the colour of you skin.
I hope for the sake of your argument that you just phrased that wrong. If not you're just a bad as the hypothetical racists you'd tell "how fucking stupid they are"

Sparkimus Prime

Oct 7, 2009
Ok, I'm half-Korean, but, when I was a kid, I definitely looked full Korean and grew up in a rural area where over 99% of people are white. It was the reason to single me out to make fun of me, and I've been referred to as "*****" or "gook" like it was actually my name for most of my life.

So, I don't like racism; it's hurt me quite a lot. However, the politically-correct push to make everyone be not racist and hunt down those who are is going too far and pushes into the realm of thought policing. Truth and (especially) morality are completely arbitrary.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
My ex's brother is very racist, to the point where he doesn't consider black-British people (i.e. born in the same country as him, but with a black skin colour) to be "really" British. For example, he thinks that football players like Jermain Defoe and Shaun Wright-Phillips shouldn't play for England because "they're not English". Strangley enough, he had a black girlfriend for a while, but whenever he saw a white girl walking down the street holding hands with a black guy he would be like "F***ing disgusting". And he didn't understand/accept how that was a double-standard.

What's also bad is, he knew very well that I did not share his racist views, but he still made racist comments around me all the time and I knew he was doing it on purpose because he would say something and then immediately look at me to see my reaction. Kind of a like real-life troll. Yeah, very glad I don't have to interact with him much any more. Of course, that was someone I didn't choose to associate with, but I had to put up with because I was going out with his brother. It really got on my nerves though, it's not right for someone to deliberately wind you up like that with something you find really offensive.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
Mortai Gravesend said:
Hateren47 said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
-Samurai- said:
Daystar Clarion said:
-Samurai- said:

'

You mean you don't understand the difference between basing how you treat someone on their actual beliefs and discriminating against them based on things that don't actually matter? Because beliefs matter to the character of a person, skin color doesn't. I didn't think it was that hard.
So it's all right to discriminate/treat someone differently based on their beliefs? What about culture? Is discriminating against certain cultures okay in your opinion as well? I guess it's easier to change your religion/culture/beliefs than the colour of you skin.
I hope for the sake of your argument that you just phrased that wrong. If not you're just a bad as the hypothetical racists you'd tell "how fucking stupid they are"
Yes, it is alright to treat someone differently based on their beliefs.

Culture, not in and of itself. If they hold certain cultural beliefs that are problematic, then the same as with any other belief. If they felt that unwilling human sacrifice was alright, then I'd have a problem with them regardless of whether the source of the belief is cultural or not.

Phrased what wrong? And you should pay better attention to who says what. I didn't say anything about "how fucking stupid they are".
You're right, I apologise, you didn't. I had my head in a lovely shawarma dish as I was going through the thread and I wasn't paying proper attention.

You argument that it's all right to treat people differently for one reason but not another is still kinda dumb. Most white racist (for example) today don't hate black people (for example) because they have different skin tones but because of their, in the first mentioned opinion, lesser culture. The result is the same some people will get discriminated wrongly because of their appearance as first impressions usually stick around for a while.

I'll never like Arabs myself. This comes from being around Arabs long enough through childhood, international boarding school, the night life and my work life to realise the odds of a male Arab being a right ass hole is nearly 1:1. Same with Somalians for that matter. Oddly enough Persians (well Iranians really, raised by parents that fled their country in the early 80's) are well integrated into society and Turks can flip either way because their parents are usually non problematic and have been here long enough to be part of our country and tries in my experience to raise their children as Danes or at least Danish Turks. You can usually tell if they speak with a stupid accent or use the word "wollah" in normal conversation. If they don't they are probably normal productive people for all I care. This comes from someone who knows a lot of these people from spending my life in nearly all parts of society, dealing in drugs and stolen goods, long streaks of unemployment, as a Royal Danish Guard (not really part of high society but I did carry a loaded rifle amongst them) and now working at the information kiosk at a public library. I meet a lot of different people every day and I have for a while (I'd say a long time, but I'm only 28) and it seems like at least 50% of the Arab population are inferior to me, my country and my culture. I'd like to think that I'm better than them. People from mostly Arab countries and Somalia are also more criminal than other immigrants, excelling in violent crimes.

Am I racist for hating Arabs and Somalians (in Denmark)? I couldn't give a fuck about their hair, skin or facial features but that is of course how I recognise them. I do of course not act upon my feelings towards them while I'm at work but if they start messing with my professional barrier, this jolly giant get the serious face out and since they know I outrank them because of my superior beardage that's usually the end of it. It's not rare that I have to "rescue" a female co worker though, because the simple act of borrowing a book or using one of our computers without disturbing the whole library is apparently too much to ask for for these guys who can't go anywhere by them selves.

Is it racist, after all my negative experiences, to hate these guys? To think that my community, country and even planet would be better of without them?

Of course there are still old dumb textbook definition racists but it's not the majority of "racists". Certainly not world wide. Just people who don't agree with the multicultural approach to western society. I estimate it's a very large minority, but that estimate comes mostly from observation and a little from my ass.

Sorry for taking so long to reply mate. I got stuck messing around with the statistics bank on dst.dk for crime-by-country of origin statistic while smoking a joint and it turned in to a bit of a rable-rable-rable thing. And yes, Arabs (by country) are overrepresented I just couldn't be bothered to do a complete statistic and I know this forum would pick anything incomplete apart whether there is a reason to or not. If you want to you can knock yourself out [http://www.statistikbanken.dk/statbank5a/SelectVarVal/Define.asp?Maintable=STRAFNA1&PLanguage=1] on dst.dk. Link is set to english. Then search the same site for the ethnic make up of the country.

And to the OP, if your mate is a good friend keep him around. Good friends are hard to get. If he's just some ass hole you know, tell him to keep his racist views to him self or remove yourself from him if he is bothering you.

speakstrg17

Jun 4, 2011
To all of the people saying he needs to be beaten and even killed, you need to realize your not as "morally correct" as you think. I would even go to say your worse than him, for suggesting physical punishment over what he thinks.

Also to all the people saying he is indefinably wrong, you need to stop shoving your morals down other peoples throats. As someone else said already, what is wrong differs from person to person. Think about this, if I asked "Do you think cheating on a (test, etc) is ok?)" I guarantee I would get mixed responses.

I'm not saying I believe what he thinks is right, but some people are not even thinking through this at all, there just saying "behead em!!!!". Honestly that is what worries me, not somebody being racist. At least the racist isn't wanting people beaten or killed.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Block that guy out of your life as fast as humanly possible. He bares all the token signs of a cock bag: Prejudiced; inconsistency; hypocrisy; stupidity; shot temper; and lame excuses that fail to justify all of the previous.

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Racism is ignorant, stupid, and obviously unfair to those being discriminated against. That being said, there are worse things one can be. Such as genocidal. I'd rather be friends with a racist asshole than a genocidal maniac. Though the chance of me giving either the time of day is pretty small.

speakstrg17

Jun 4, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
speakstrg17 said:
Also to all the people saying he is indefinably wrong, you need to stop shoving your morals down other peoples throats. As someone else said already, what is wrong differs from person to person. Think about this, if I asked "Do you think cheating on a (test, etc) is ok?)" I guarantee I would get mixed responses.
What utter crap. You're whining that they need to stop shoving morals down other people's throats based on what? Your morality? You only bring up moral relativism because you want an excuse to not be judged. You probably don't even know the difference between talking about descriptive morality versus complaining about normative.
Two things to tell you

1. I love the fact that you attempt to make things as complicated as possible as if it would help your "argument", but what you don't realize is that I made no argument I was stating that you need to examine your own morals before you attack others. As you are the one wishing harm upon, as far as we know an innocent man.

2. I could care less if I was judged by you or anyone else on the internet, you trying to say I would care makes me think that you could be the one worried about getting judged

I hope don't have to respond further, as I was just saying people were being violent and very quick to judge suggesting bad bad things (including you). I wish people would think about things before they spew it out as if it were some universal fact tough to all ages.