There Will Be Sex in Assassin's Creed II

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
And??
Does it really matter? I mean, if you have a good game let it stand on it's own merits-- like customization or remarkable gameplay (which I hear will be in AC2) but if a game sells solely on the fact that there's ambiguous sex scenes... it's just sad.

Other parts of this article are interesting though. I'm excited to play AC2 but really, I don't care about the sex part.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Cheesebob said:
hazabaza1 said:
FFFFFFFFFF...
I'm, liking all the new armour additions, etc, however, no doubt this'll get an 18. If my mum wants to know why and I say 'sex', I probably won't get it.
Perfect. Maybe I'll just lie, and hope she doesn't watch me play.

Otherwise, awesomecakes. Another game I cannot wait for.
DOn't mention sex?

Mass Effect was a 15 and that had sex in it, hell so did farenheit (and that was interactive)
Well, in UK ME is a 12, so I could get it myself.
However, AC2 will be an 18 (from what I've heard) and when my mum asks, she doubel checks with 18s sometimes, just to make sure.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Cheesebob said:
hazabaza1 said:
FFFFFFFFFF...
I'm, liking all the new armour additions, etc, however, no doubt this'll get an 18. If my mum wants to know why and I say 'sex', I probably won't get it.
Perfect. Maybe I'll just lie, and hope she doesn't watch me play.

Otherwise, awesomecakes. Another game I cannot wait for.
DOn't mention sex?

Mass Effect was a 15 and that had sex in it, hell so did farenheit (and that was interactive)
Well, in UK ME is a 12, so I could get it myself.
However, AC2 will be an 18 (from what I've heard) and when my mum asks, she doubel checks with 18s sometimes, just to make sure.
Oh is ME a 12? I forgot :p

Ass 1 was a 15, so possibly this might be a 16 under the new ratings

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
I was going to have a rant about the juvenile aspirations of game designers holding back games as a medium, but after reading the interview I didn't see anything to get too incensed about. Well played, Funk, well played.

Escapist, you have a tough job holding onto that man when the tabloids discover how good he is with sensationalist headlines.

NeutralDrow said:
This is coming out on PC, right?
Yes it is.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Customisation (though limited) in a game such as Assassin's Creed?

My arousal knows no bounds.

IDBash

Sep 4, 2009
I absolutely cannot wait for this game... If they really fixed the repetitiveness of the game, then it has huge potential. Also, a graphix boost is due as well. :D

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Is sex really a selling point these days? Sex in video games is becoming about as common as the main character being a mute.

DAMG

Feb 16, 2009
I like the customization factor; I always found it odd for an assassin to wear all white. That, and I always found intrigue in a customizable rogue, choose to be the all-black-night ninja, blend with everyday crowd by looking "normal," or just kill shit... ooor be the weird guy that wears all-white, alerting everyone of his crime with his blood-soaked cloth. Though I wish there was more shadow play, there are little-to-no stealth games on the 360...and PS3. Maybe something will be implemented with the dynamic-day cycle.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Does this mean it will be banned in Australia then?
No, not unless he uses drugs and/or kills someone in a way where their innards are revealed. That's what really get's their feathers in a tussle.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
I don't care to be honest. The question I have to ask is will it affect gameplay in anyway?
If no, go away and stop trying to get horny nerds to buy your game
If yes then great, hope you haven't cocked *oh snap* it up
You can't think of ways sex could be used in renaissance Venice? Seduce a woman to get into her husband's mansion, hire prostitutes to distract guards while you sneak past (will hookers be the new pilgrims?), use your "charms" to get information on a target from the maid, use your "charms" to get the maid to do it for you, seduce the single female target to get close, only to fall into an elaborate trap involving her bed and a giant cage (actually, I am willing, right now, to put money on this one happening).

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
pretentiousname01 said:
headshotcatcher said:
Really I see no use for the sex scenes, not for Mass Effect, ...
I'd have to disagree on this part. Mass Effect was about story telling and character development. That 20 second scene was the culmination of the time you spent with your characters. To the point where I had been chatting up both options available to me. After one briefing they sat me down and kinda caught me in a love triangle chatting both them up. I was really impressed with that.

This announcement makes me hope its not like that sex scene in watchmen, forced and uninteresting. I am anticipating more like the god of war style sex scene/games.
Taking that human girl on a mission twice and the alien one only once wouldn't be enough for them to fight over me in the real world..

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Chipperz said:
The Rockerfly said:
I don't care to be honest. The question I have to ask is will it affect gameplay in anyway?
If no, go away and stop trying to get horny nerds to buy your game
If yes then great, hope you haven't cocked *oh snap* it up
You can't think of ways sex could be used in renaissance Venice? Seduce a woman to get into her husband's mansion, hire prostitutes to distract guards while you sneak past (will hookers be the new pilgrims?), use your "charms" to get information on a target from the maid, use your "charms" to get the maid to do it for you, seduce the single female target to get close, only to fall into an elaborate trap involving her bed and a giant cage (actually, I am willing, right now, to put money on this one happening).
Well I've heard about that but is the sex really necassary? I mean the only game that sex really played a meaning role is GOW

widowspeak

May 20, 2009
J-Alfred said:
Oh, and regarding the bit about the LACK of aerial combat? Thank God. If there's one thing that turns me off a game, it's vehicle sections. Stupid vehicle sections...
Flying sections make me want to stab dull pencils into my eyes. Ground vehicles, though. . .there's really no middle ground with me on this one. If the vehicle mechanics are solid, I'm right as rain. If they handle less like a go-kart and more like a Radio Flyer full of bricks, I'll rage-quit. End of story.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
You lost me around him having a flying machine, then brought me back in when you said we could customize his armour. I think I'll join in with a pink Assassin.

deadly.by.design

Jan 30, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
If a book or movie can having meaningful human interactions in it, including sex, what makes it so bad for a game to include such narrative options?

Really, your attitude seems less mature than someone just including sex to sell a game...
Most movies don't use it properly, let alone games... so call me jaded. It's typically thrown in to appeal to the so-called "mature" audience, despite being anything but.

hansari

May 31, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
According to Assassin's Creed II director Benoit Lambert, protagonist Ezio is a bit of a "womanizer," and will be putting the "Ass" in "Assassin."
Is it James Bond womanizer? Or just a-hole womanizer?

Cause I'm far more interested in figuring out who had sex with Altair.

Seriously...what woman in their right mind gave him the opportunity to "pass on his genes"?!!