There's Something In The Sea!

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Klagermeister said:
Theory 1: The red lights are possibly the bathyspheres of trying-to-escape splicers.
The monsters could also be the splicers, kidnapping children to use them as Little Sisters.
They became so incredibly obsessed with ADAM that they came to the shore and kidnapped little girls in the hopes of obtaining ADAM.

Theory 2: The red lights are produced by the Big Daddies' suits and they are swimming with the suits on.
They are then kidnapping the children thinking they are Little Sisters.

Theory 3: The lights are (once again) the lights from bathyspheres of splicers.
The girls were formerly Little Sisters that plan to escape back into the sea.

EDIT: They say the red lights came from a "lean figure", so the Big Daddy theory is scrapped.
However, this could also reinforce the theory that they are escaped splicers.

EDIT V2: The attacks seem to be centralized around northern Europe.
If I recall correctly, Rapture resided in the Mid-Atlantic.
So the idea of splicers doing said attacks is once again reinforced.

EDIT V3: Another press release stated that they saw the "red light" when their daughter was taken.
They also said that it "may have come from a flashlight, possibly mounted on a hat or helmet".
Also, the family saw the assailant wielding a "sharpened tool with extreme force".
As we all know, Spider Splicers wield hooks and can rip people apart easily.
However, where does this "red light" come in? No spider splicers had a helmet or red light of any kind.

EDIT V4: Aha! So it says the victims aren't all just similar in age, but appearance as well.
Could this once again reinforce the idea of the splicers believing they are Little Sisters and kidnapping them in the hope of getting ADAM?

Hunde Des Krieg said:
Lynch just seems like a conspiracy nut, none of the letters look in any way official, I bet he just follows the clues and somehow stumbles upon Rapture.
None of the letters are official?
Look at the one behind the picture of the red light.
It is a press release from INTERPOL, so clearly this isn't just a random, silly conspiracy trheory.
He didn't write that did he? Look at the letters signed by him, they are scrawled and messy.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
nilcypher said:
Fanboy said:
I don't know how to react to the news that Levine won't be behind it. I guess I can only wait and sea.
Levine is having something to do with it, but no one seems to know exactly what.
So, the same thing as Jaffe and GoW III?

I'm siding with the skeptics on this one - a game like that is well praised because its so very original and self contained. Too often do we see the ominous "To be continued" so it was nice to see a game being and end.

Other series that didn't get the message - No More Heroes and Uncharted.
I agree completly Indigo, although, I do hope that I'm proven wrong.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I'm thinking that the mysterious "lean figures" are indeed Big Daddies - their speed, use of a "sharp instrument" of great destructive force (drill), and very tall height all seem to point to this. Maybe the thinness comes from something like decompression after they come to the surface, or some sort of lack of "maintenance" on them since the fall of Rapture.

EDIT: It might even be a new kind of Big Daddy!

Anyway, this teaser campaign is definitely working - I'm getting quite excited for Bioshock 2!

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Considering the build, timeframe and previous games ending, could the figure be Jack carrying on from the evil ending?
I pretty much doubt this, I think the Evil ending was rushed and did not provide the closure of the good one (Jack lives the life he only just got)

It's not a Big Daddy Kidnapping either unless it's a new type of very skinny Big Daddy...either someone is using these girls for ADAM or it's Big Daddies confused and pissed off from the first game, hunting down girls that look like Little Sisters.

Heh it would amuse Me if someone became panicked about this and went into Ireland searching for Red Lights

I reckon they should up their game and put lights under the water whilst abducting girls....too far?

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Hmm...replace "Jack" with "The splicer remaining in the second-to-last area"
Personally I think that it's either a new main foe or a creature that we have not encountered...Splicers are not very intelligent and I think the red lines over stuff like "Very Thin" on the website are trying to tell us it's something new

I cannot wait to visit Rapture again and find out what has hopefully changed dramatically

Something weird I have noticed on the website is the poster for the website...could this mean it is set in our time and the notes are old...(Since Websites don't exist during 60's)

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
The link referring to the teaser trailer "contains a malformed video ID"

Moving on.

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Amusing. Viral marketing is always a good means of stirring up hype, if not necessarily towards directing it towards a goal (the Aqua Teen Hunger Force debacle is one such noteworthy stunt). I believe 2k will fare fine with this. I eagerly look forward to Bioshock 2 and this game 2k have laid out to make us buy their game.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
That's a pretty cool teaser site. Just looked through it.

And maybe Bioshock doesn't need a sequel but that doesn't mean it'll be bad. How could they go from making a game as good as Bioshock to crap? Hopefully it will be good.

mr rofl

Feb 11, 2009
old news to me. I found out about this before they even started updating it. I don't remember how though.....

Mar 26, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
nilcypher said:
The developers have said that it will be both a sequel and a prequel.
The hell is that supposed to mean? Also, if it means what I think it means (I'm thinking either Metal Gear Solid 2 when it wasn't trying to fuck me over cause I didn't play Metal Gear Solid, despite not actually needing to, or Tranquility Lane and Operation Anchorage), which will be the larger part?
My money is on playable flashbacks. Remember in the original how you got ADAM induced ghost images of things that happened in the past. Perhaps the ADAM level has reached saturation point where you can "re-live" the memories of the fall of Rapture.
Then again, who knows.

Papopapo456

Nov 19, 2008
andrewbrownster said:
Why does EVERYTHING have to be a sequal? What happened to originality, the original Bioshock was (somewhat) original and I applaude that but I am sick and tired of Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Call of Duty 5 (You have no idea how annoyed I am at the release a new Call of Duty every year strategy that Activision have adopted) etc. I want to play an Assassins Creed, a Mirrors Edge, An ORIGINAL GAME.

However if Bioshock 2 is good from beggining to end like the original then I will consider it to be one of the few good sequals. At the moment it looks interesting but so did Halo 3. And I thought that it was one of the worst games on the 360. Next to Gears of War. (And I do mean that from the bottom of my heart.)
Assassin's Creed is basically Prince of Persia with upgraded graphics and a different wardrobe (although it's quite fun).

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
andrewbrownster said:
Why does EVERYTHING have to be a sequal? What happened to originality, the original Bioshock was (somewhat) original and I applaude that but I am sick and tired of Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Call of Duty 5 (You have no idea how annoyed I am at the release a new Call of Duty every year strategy that Activision have adopted) etc. I want to play an Assassins Creed, a Mirrors Edge, An ORIGINAL GAME.

However if Bioshock 2 is good from beggining to end like the original then I will consider it to be one of the few good sequals. At the moment it looks interesting but so did Halo 3. And I thought that it was one of the worst games on the 360. Next to Gears of War. (And I do mean that from the bottom of my heart.)
You know, we have a fair amount of new IPs with new ideas this year. Look at inFAMOUS, look at Heavy Rain, look at LA Noire.
All of those are PS3 titles... subtle.

We also have Prototype. Or is that 2010? and Alan Wake (yeah right), Alpha Protocol, Batman: Arkham Asylum, etc etc...

Also I heard Beyond Good and Evil 2 is out 09 or 10

Anyway the point is Indigo is right, there is some fresh blood on the horizon.

PS: OH AND BRUTAL LEGEND MARCH 21ST LAST I HEARD, HOO YEAH BITCHES