They fired the Escapist's editor, and the video team, Yahtzee resigns

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
MAN those are some things I'd long forgotten about... Good riddance.
I took one peek into Sanctuary a couple of days ago (before this latest exchange with some of its users here,) and the first thing I recognized was that all-too-familiar green Metal Gear(?) profile pic littered everywhere with recent activity, and my skin crawled.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I took one peek into Sanctuary a couple of days ago (before this latest exchange with some of its users here,) and the first thing I recognized was that all-too-familiar green Metal Gear(?) profile pic littered everywhere with recent activity, and my skin crawled.
That profile pic ruined a conniving, shitbag villain for me. Weird how that became possible.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Nevermind. I rescind my last 2 posts.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Was this the one that went by *rhymes with mouseban*?

Oh great, now I’m thinking of it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Was this the one that went by *rhymes with mouseban*?

Oh great, now I’m thinking of it.
He's actually slipped himself into the Oldheads discord because the link can be used by anyone. Guess he can't let go and still lurks here. He can lurk there too, maybe even participate. Provided he behaves. If he wants to get all gloaty and piss people off, I'll lose my patience fast.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Nevermind. I rescind my last 2 posts.
No, you're right. There was something wrong with him. I'm no doctor, but my knee-jerk diagnosis would be a mild case of psychopathy. Not trying to be hyperbolic saying that, just that his very intellectually calculated manner of gaslighting and pissing people of for the sake of pissing people off showed me someone who sees human interactions as playthings and values them about as much as the lint in his pockets.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
A mention in Penny Arcade:

No disrespect, but I do have to agree about the logo. It looks like something I'd have made in 1996 and that's really not a compliment.
Pretty amusing for Penny Arcade to be snarking about someone else's artistic effort, considering the comic has such an aggressively hideous art style.

Last edited:

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
After some reflection, I think you guys are (kinda) right. I could have acted better here. As I said in our Discord server, ultimately, as the face of Sanctuary, I need to maintain some professionalism when I'm outside the site. In Sanctuary, it's very easy to forget that. The culture is fair but merciless, and we're pretty much Shipwreck Cove, fully independent and doing things our own way. Our ways of doing things and handling issues are not how you guys do things and handle issues.

For some here, I don't think there would be a single thing I could say that would convince them that we're not the devil, but whatever. It is what it is.

I will say this last thing though. You guys have this fucking hate boner for Houseman and it's weird. Even a little creepy. You guys act like he murdered your dog or something. Like, I can understand the hate for me, but Houseman?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheetodust

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
From the interview I posted earlier, but the severance Nick refused when they fired him? Just three weeks worth.

Fucking raw!
That's a week more than I would get, but I agree it's bullshit. Still, at least a crap number allows a person to make the easy call to turn it down and be open.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I will say this last thing though. You guys have this fucking hate boner for Houseman and it's weird. Even a little creepy. You guys act like Houseman murdered your dog or something. Like, I can understand the hate for me, but Houseman?
He was just fucking weird. Even within the political tier he resided on this forum, he was fucking weird. Too weird to even hate on honestly.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I will say this last thing though. You guys have this fucking hate boner for Houseman and it's weird. Even a little creepy. You guys act like he murdered your dog or something. Like, I can understand the hate for me, but Houseman?
No we don't. You're the one who brought him up in the first place. Houseman (is more than likely) a self-hating black man [how I know going by his voice in his "takedown video" and some of the signs in his old posts. I am not going to bother looking for those.] that acts sexists, racist, and tries to excuse his asshole behavior with "I'm just asking questions/I'm just saying" and could never admit when he was wrong. Especially when the evidence and proof was right in front of him. The fucking fucker fucked around too much, until even the admins and moderators got sick of him.

You wanna cry for him? Feel free the waste your time doing so for a person who does not give a shit about you nor anyone else. If he ever decide to head over to Sanctuary, I highly doubt it. If he did, most of your buddies would get sick of him within the first month. He has nowhere else to go, because most forums wouldn't stand him, and the only places Houseman can fit, are places of misery, hate, and self-hate. Sucks to be him.

He was just fucking weird. Even within the political tier he resided on this forum, he was fucking weird. Too weird to even hate on honestly.
He is more than weird and you know that. Houseman us just another asshole who thinks he's better and knows better than everyone on the entire planet.

And with that I am done talking about this waste of space. Anybody got problems about my opinion? Send to the address of not giving a single fuck.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
You know it occurs to me the most likely scenario is that they either sell the IP or the site dies a slow death due to dearth of content until one day they forget to even renew the license and registrar. If Nick doesn't scoop it up I will just for shits and giggles.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
It greatly amuses me that it took less than a dozen pages for this to go from talking about the news, plans, etc to circlejerking the hateboners over a previous user. Funny how that goes.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
After some reflection, I think you guys are (kinda) right.
Kinda?

I could have acted better here. As I said in our Discord server, ultimately, as the face of Sanctuary, I need to maintain some professionalism when I'm outside the site. In Sanctuary, it's very easy to forget that. The culture is fair but merciless, and we're pretty much Shipwreck Cove, fully independent and doing things our own way. Our ways of doing things and handling issues are not how you guys do things and handle issues.
It takes a certain level of character to self admit when one is at fault, so, good on you. Even if it's marred by the 'kinda' at the start.

I personally don't remember the same level of specifics as some on here regarding Houseman, but I do remember they were an absolute pain for many... and from what I saw in the few times I happened to catch him in a thread, the feeling was justified. Maybe he's chilled out by now, but back in the day he was a bit of a dick