They fired the Escapist's editor, and the video team, Yahtzee resigns

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I personally don't remember the same level of specifics as some on here regarding Houseman, but I do remember they were an absolute pain for many... and from what I saw in the few times I happened to catch him in a thread, the feeling was justified. Maybe he's chilled out by now, but back in the day he was a bit of a dick
hes-an-asshole-asshole.gif

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I will say this last thing though. You guys have this fucking hate boner for Houseman and it's weird. Even a little creepy. You guys act like he murdered your dog or something. Like, I can understand the hate for me, but Houseman?
Houseman tried to make me molest a child to save it's life.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I don't have as much sympathy for him. Basically none. Houseman knows what kind of jackass he is, he just doesn't care. I highly doubt he'll get help, let alone admitting that he needs it. He'd sooner stab himself in the tongue than do that.
Pretty sure you're looking in a mirror Brawlman.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Sorry, i think i was the one who brought Houseman up first. Mostly because i had taken a look at excape_pot and sanctuary and seen him very active on both sides.

I will say this last thing though. You guys have this fucking hate boner for Houseman and it's weird. Even a little creepy. You guys act like he murdered your dog or something. Like, I can understand the hate for me, but Houseman?
Sorry to say, but why would we hate you ? As for me, i can't remember a single issue you were involved in. If there were any that might have produced probably were all on the v1-forum that where way bigger and people did overlook each other more easily and probably partly in the Wild West to which i never had access nor interest for but suppossedly had some drama. Or was it with some of the old mods and their style ? Those are long gone and their ideas were never the ideas of the community.
So whatever it was that makes you think you are hated, i don't know of it. And i am not sure others hold onto grudges against you for so long either. Have you checked whether the people who had issues with you are even still here ?

As for Houseman, that is the reputation he earned here, in the v2 forum, after the transition. That is why i said i would have banned him month earlier, if he had behaved this way on a forum where i was mod. But it didn't happen and so instead he continued to annoy and bully people and now he is the most hated person on the board while not actually having been present for some time. That is kinda an achievement.

Maybe he is different over in the sanctuary (would not exactly be strange for online behavior to shift depending on place) but he has built up so much bad blood that i would not be surprised if some people don't join sanctuary just because he is there.

That is not to suggest you doing anything about it, if he doesn't cause troubles on your side or is even a valued community member then that is good to hear. But you asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Oh wow sure am glad that forum exists to, what was it again? Allow people "to explore new horizons and strive to broaden their mind and be better people. More informed. More knowledgeable. More responsible and powerful."

As usual, that actually means behave like a fucking scrotum.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yep, Houseman can go fuck himself. He has not changed a damn bit. Not going anywhere near "Sanctuary" either.

Oh wow sure am glad that forum exists to, what was it again? Allow people "to explore new horizons and strive to broaden their mind and be better people. More informed. More knowledgeable. More responsible and powerful."

Yep. It's not a "Sanctuary", it's a cesspit hellhole where assholes just want to be assholes without facing consequences nor being judged for acting like assholes. Predictable as always. Like I said before, it's only type of place he would be able to fit in.

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
Being old enough to see the birth and death of an organization like this is an unsettling feeling.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

So not different to how some choose to behave here then only with less ad hominem and more actual discussion?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I briefly tried to join Sanctuary when it was newish, and found it to be pointlessly hostile and aggressive. It was just as susceptible to dogpiling as the forums it was supposedly created to act as an alternative for... only with more gratuitous shitslinging.

Judging by its description here as "fair but merciless", it's probably still much the same. If someone says a place is "fair but merciless", it's a fair bet the place cares much more about the 'merciless' than the 'fair'.

Last edited:

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Wow. So I just had a quick skim of that thread about the guide to suicide and lo and behold there's Houseman asking "how about this situation for having sex with children?". Yeah real good fucking forum filled with people who definitely aren't scumbags there you guys.

So just to be real clear, a list of the "best" suicide methods (fucking great start there) somehow leads to a conversation about having sex with children. These people always prattle on about "pushing boundaries" or "being free thinkers" but it's always the same goddamned shit. It always means "I want to discuss race realism and fucking children."