things in games that make no sense

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
The existence of inFamous 2. How does such a bad game get a sequel? From most publishers, putting out a game as bad as inFamous would get your studio shut down, not them saying "Nice work making such a shitty game, here's even more money so you can make a sequel!" ...Okay, so that's not really IN the game, but just the game's existence itself.

Okay, how's this then? I was just playing some Tumble, and there was a level with the platform at an angle that I had to stack my blocks on. One of the block is a sticky block, and you have to put that down first and find a way to stick and position 20 or more other blocks onto this sticky block so none of them fall off. But come on, really, a bunch of really heavy stone and metal blocks aren't going to drag this sticky block off the platform? Really? I know why they did it as a mechanic as it makes for some really good puzzles, but it also looks silly when you're finished that the sticky block hasn't even moved at all.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
norwegian-guy said:
How come people never react when you go straight into their homes in RPGs exept when questrelated? JRPGs are 'special on this when you can go into a house, rob it, break their pots, talk to the people in the house, then start a cutscene 5 minutes later where they call you a trespasser.
What game are you talking about? I know no game where there's a cutscene and characters call you trespassers.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
Why do the iron boots not affect you when you take them off? I presume link puts them in his pocket or something (also How does he hold so many items? But I'll let that one slide), so in that case wouldn't he just sink to the bottom of the lake/pool/whatever by his pocket instead of by his feet?

Also, when you're going through Penumbra and you get your leg bitten off by a dog, how does taking pain pills or standing around and waiting make you fine again? `I'm losing blood, but I'll be alright.' Yeah except it was a fucking dog bite, not a paper cut.

Mike_Fox

Mar 8, 2011
The most annoying one that I still remember is in Two Worlds 2 when you try to open a chest in a house after you have cracked it you simply can't if there is someone watching you,I mean I get them calling the guards or attacking you but simply staring annoyingly at you prevents you from opening a chest?

Oh and "How would a solid gold desert eagle work? Gold is really soft!"
Really, the most precious metal in the whole world is "really soft"?
And as far as I know the McLaren F1's engine compartment was lined with gold because it acted as an excellent heat shield thus a weapon made of gold would heat up much harder.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Or the ballistic knife!? "Dude, I got a motherfucking knife-slingshot." No, the fact that a professional soldier would be armed with one knowing there will be an ass-load of battles ahead involving MGs and assault rifles is proof that this is a government job.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrlzBj2lIJg[/link]

But still, you can still go back to outlands, and kill Kael'thas in TK. Not only has he been declared dead and farmed, he respawned, and got farmed again. And still you can find him in his original place.

Really, the most precious metal in the whole world is "really soft"?
Fact nazi says hi: not only is gold not the most precious metal in the world, but it also is really soft in comparison with about any metal you'd ever use to actually encounter some force.

Additionally: yes, gold-plated Desert Eagles exist. However, I do not know of anyone actually using the damn thing on a regular basis, and not just hanging it on his wall for kicks.

Nr.47

Mar 9, 2011
Funny thread, I just joined to post on it, any way I too was very annoyed by that stupid staring thing in TW2 and if you tried to kill that stupid villager you couldn't because they were immortal and they didn't even run out of the room.

And I think an solid Golden Desert Eagle would be very cool because gold dissipates heat very well but highly impractical cuz' it would cost a gazillion dollars, we'll just have to stick to gold plated tiger ones for now:

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
Red Dead DLC: how the fuck am i riding a hourse on fire and how come i am not getting hurt
just cause 2: to quote Yahtzee "the only way of surviving a fall to the ground is by falling to the ground faster"
dead rising: how do you make some of this stuff like a drill bucket you need a drill and a bucket but it has 3 drills in it same with the chainsaw and the paddle you make it with one but then there is two how
any shotter: how can you come back from being dead
mario galaxy: how can mario breath in space
God of War: how many times can you go to hell
dead rising (again): how many times can you get bitten without turning
mario: he eat mushrooms and it looks like a drug usage
pokemon: how come the pokemon world doesn't have a pokemon PETA
minecraft: every thing is a cube

Nr.47

Mar 9, 2011
maybe he got a drill, reverse engineered it, made two more and stuck them on a bucket

Any way in just cause 2 didn't you lose the cable from your hand winch if you stuck two things together?
And where those he keep all those parachutes?
oh and Hitman,change clothes and nobody recognizes you?

Nr.47

Mar 9, 2011
Maybe eating mushrooms is legal in mario land, and pokemons have officer jenny to protect them

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
maybe but it isn't the best help to little kids in our world?
and the whole point of this is because of stuff that doesn't make sense in video games.
yes you did lose the cable by sticking two stuff together but pressing the button for it made it come back
yeah where does he keep the parachutes up his ass maybe i don't know
And when i PETA of pokemon i mean people who don't like pokemon in pokeballs or fighting each other not people stoping pokemon being used for evil
also i never played hitman don't know why

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Try jumping out of water next time you go swimming.

Why does president Panau decide that his counties last hope is to nuke all the worlds most powerful superpowers, and why is anybody concerned when we have plenty of anti-nuke defenses to take care of them?

Why don't they paint their military spaceships black?

How do alcoholic beverages and soft drinks make me die of dehydration? Miners used to live off beer all the time!

Why do mutations make wildlife more dangerous?

Why do all my gunshot wounds fix themselves in 5 seconds? And why don't the enemies?

How can I shoot from cover without looking at what im firing at, I aint even aiming and I headshot every man in the room? And why is this base full of useless chest high barriers that serve no practical application?

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
man it is times like this when you ask yourself there is so much stuff that doesn't make sense it would be more easy just to list the things that make sense in video games am i right.

also why do some people have hair that dosen't move even when wet

and most of the stuff that happens in just cause 2 but it's still fun any way

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
1: I was playing Red Dead Redemption when it dawned on me that my horse contained a sat-nav. Interesting.

2: In Pokémon, what the fuck do the humans eat?! Unless...

DenSomKastade

May 12, 2010
¨That when you get shot anywhere on the body, your eyes bleed. I'm lookning at you, all of the modern FPS games...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Drakmeire said:
Wooden Doors
delightfully explained here
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/2/1/3121.jpg?v=1
Please direct me to the subject in which this image came from. It looks and sounds like a serious laugh to read.

OT: Why aren't games making me a violent psychopath and rapist?! I don't understand!

(Sorry, it needed to be said.)

Nr.47

Mar 9, 2011
Why would little kids in our world need help from PETA?
PETA in real life sucks balls, their just a bunch of losers with nothing else to do but go around "protecting" the rights of animals, the ONLY reason a cow was put on this earth is So I could eat it between two slices of bread with some cheese and lettuce, and maybe wear a leather jacket. In Pokemon people do the same thing.

Also hair that doesn't move even when wet ,maybe cuz anime characters use an unhealthy amount of hair spray or gel

Maybe Duke Nukem is able to kick with both feet at the same time because he is paking a "third leg"

And why does he use steroids to move faster, Steroids are for strength Speed is the drug for speed.