Things That Annoy You

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
Hazy992 said:
I hate it when groups of people decide to spread out across the pathway and then walk slow as hell. Some of us have places to go! It's really inconsiderate.
THIS! Fucking THIS! I live in a town with a major University and I am constantly astonished by people's shocking lack of either awareness or caring that they are effectively blocking foot traffic for people behind them and also for people walking the other direction.

I move to the right side of the sidewalk if I am coming up on them as a courtesy, but I'll be goddamned if I'm walking in the street for them. LUCKILY, I'ma scary-looking old man, so this has been happening less and less in recent years.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Lucem712 said:
I get a wave of anger every time someone doesn't use their signal lights properly. Or at all. "Oh, no, it's fine, those things are totally optional!"
Like this you mean? That annoys me to no end too.
Also I get really annoyed by people who got problems seeing logic routes to get off the bus. The bus stops and a guy is going to get off. There are 2 persons in front of the bus standing and about quarter a million if he wants to go out the door back in the bus. Of course he picks the exit in the back and gets really annoyed at all the people trying to find somewhere to move in order for him to squeeze past.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There are a bunch of driver-related ones such as...

*If you're going to pass me, please don't get in front of me only to slam on your breaks
*Please don't speed up beside me as though you're going to pass me only to hang out in one of my four corners. I don't mind if you're beside me but stay the hell away from the four corners.
*If you're going to drive behind me, please don't use your high-beams
*If you're going to drive behind me, please don't repeatedly flash your high-beams at me

Someone above mentioned people blocking isles at the Wal*Mart. I second that. Seriously, fuck those people who block the isles. And the groups of 3+ people who walk side-by-side as slowly as possible. I actually like to walk into those people which honestly doesn't teach them a damned thing.

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
People who drive Mercedes-Benzes. I'm not sure why but everytime I have a "close call" on the road the other vehicle is always a Mercedes.

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
Hazy992 said:
I hate it when groups of people decide to spread out across the pathway and then walk slow as hell. Some of us have places to go! It's really inconsiderate.
This. My friends and I refer to it as 'Reservoir Dogs Syndrome'.

Aug 1, 2010
[b/]Naggers![/b]
[image/]http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwo3qb7aWe1r75gtxo6_r1_500.png[/IMG]

Sorry, it was the first thing I thought of...

OT: It annoys me when I am walking down the street and another person and I get caught in an eternal "I'll go this way you go that way" battle.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Personal space invaders. And people who point out things, but in a rude way. For instance, If i have a spot, they wander up to you and point it out.
"OH GEE, THANKS, I FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF NOW. YOU'VE NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO ME, BUT THAT."
Arseholes.
/rant over.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
When people tailgate me it pisses me off so freaking bad! How fast do you really need to go asshole?! And what makes you think that if you hit me your new car is going to survive the impact with a 12 year old car that isn't made out of aluminum! I nearly tossed an apple out my back window at a BMW that was tailgating me before cuz he was making me so mad.

AwesomeNinjaPowers

May 31, 2009
Many, many, many things annoy me, in fact too many to list right now but my biggest annoyance at the moment is people who go on an on about a spelling mistake you've made on a post and when you try and explain that you have problems with spelling ( I hate to bring it up but dyslexia is more common than people think and I have an extremely bad case of it, I don't bring it up to garner sympathy or anything like that just fyi I'm just trying to make a point) they then call you a *&^%$£* retard and just won't leave you alone about it

sean360h

Jun 2, 2010
CrashBang said:
Right now, fear. I hate being afraid and nervous. I start working at a new school tomorrow (I'm a trainee teacher) and I'm so nervous. Urgh, hate nerves.
Good luck it probably wont be too bad just keep the kids occupied and that's it
other than that try to get them interested in something

As for my annoyances when people take my glasses and wear them for a while and then look at me surprised and say "wow you really cant see well can you." Never I always wondered why I had them thanks for informing me

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
when you lose something and someone asks "where did you put it last". ***** IF I KNEW THAT IT WOULDN'T BE LOST!!!!!!!

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Repeated Threads....

lol kidding aside though, i hate it when people say something that is wrong and when they are corrected immediately follow up with "oh, what did I say? Oh yeah thats what i meant."

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
AceTrilby said:
Hazy992 said:
This. My friends and I refer to it as 'Reservoir Dogs Syndrome'.
That is an awesome name for something so goddamn annoying!

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
People who expect someone else to do their work because they don't like that particular assignment, well i don't like it either, get to work.

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
Just people... In general, especially the 'cool' crowd.

On an individual level I can be fairly sociable, but I just.. Urgh

The English government... Don't get me started

And finally people who take bull-shit subjects and claim they have the same academic value as real ones, 'Yes, I'm sure your Leisure and Tourism A-level was a real ducking challenge, but no university is going to consider it on par with English Lit'.

Okay that's all for now.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
1mike1000 said:
Now lets get things straight: This isn't a hate thread, this is just a place to say things that pester you. For example, the last colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. You climb it for 5 minutes only to be flung off it and need to climb it again. Over and over and freaking over... Its pretty annoying.
Once I figured out HOW you do it, my temper for that Colossus simmered down, and I don't believe it will rise again.

As for things that are annoying, I'm just going to deliver my usual line: Stupid people. You can simplify many problems down to the failings and idiocy of a person, the root cause. This is more fair a statement than anything when laying blame.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Those who feel opinion as fact. Equal to those who must shove said opinion-fact down my face until I "admit" they're right.

I'm also annoyed whenever I trip over my mouse. (I have a laptop and sit on a couch, so it's right in the way)