Things that "Final Fantasy" has taught me:

Gingerbreadroach

May 8, 2008
No matter what items of cloathing you're wearing you can survive any weather conditions ranging from blistering desert to sub-zero antarctic wasteland and not die of exposure.

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
Wild animals carry around lots of money and accessories.

Tomberys are NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!

You can attack enemies with heavy attacks but these attacks and abilities can't be used to get around obstacles.

As tough as the main villain was, there is always a far stronger creature in the deepest reaches of the world.

XenoNick

May 14, 2008
AngryMan said:
Am I the only person in the world who actually enjoyed FFX-2?

nah it wasnt to bad...just very...urm shallow...

oh an that 20 year olds can kill masiive ass monsters bigger than skyscarppers by slashing their feet ^^

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
characters somehow have the ability to leap over entire buildings in cutscenes but can't cross that small stream in gameplay

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
-Screw education; all you need is a Crystal and you can become proficient with at least 3 jobs. This may be why Crystals are in such high regard that everyone tries to either collect them all or destroy them all.

-There's a reason most people don't run anywhere; they don't want any money to fall out of their pockets when they do so. Conversely, everything has some amount of cash on it, even rats.

-You can breathe on the moon, in space, or in alternate dimensions.

-Good will always triumph, because Evil procrastinates before ending the world!

-Eht dlrow si erauqs

rayxofxsunshine

Mar 13, 2008
1.) Always leave one person alive. Only one, though. The rest can be phoenix down'd.
2.) Even if it looks like a path, it's not. It's a clever ploy to keep you in a corner trying to go through the "short-cut" until someone can attack you. And that someone will undoubtedly be the hardest monster to beat. EVER.
3.) Stealing is not bad. In fact, you SHOULD steal because you never know what kind of item combinations you'll get.
4.) Never get off the train at the wrong stop. You'll wander around aimlessly for years until you find out the one path you need to walk isn't, in fact, foot friendly. And there aren't going to be anymore trains, either.
5.) If you find a glowing spot on the ground, run over to it and stand dramatically. What do mean 'radioactivity'?
6.) Anything can be achieved through a little perseverance and good old game of cards.
7.) Beauty is only as deep as your sphere level.
8.) The vehicle you ride around in is, in fact, bigger than any city or small peninsula.
9.) Giving your friends a list of things they have to do under all circumstances is a great way to micro-manage.
10.) Running away makes problems go away. Hitting and running does the same PLUS exp.

Little_Scheer

May 15, 2008
FFVIII, main characters get the right to be in a trading card game played everywhere around the world. Also, if you play a game of cards and introduce rules from a different continent, suddenly, everyone else on the continent that the game is taking place knows the rules.

If a battle could be made easier by using any kind of status or time magic, expect the enemy to be immune. IE pretty much any boss battle, I mean come on, are you really going to take the time to cast slow or blind on a common, random encounter enemy?

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
actually...has there ever been a silver haired hero in FF?

Tales series yes but I don't remember any in FF.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
avykins said:
4) From FF-X2. Motomu Toriyama is the Uwe Boll of the gaming world. HE TOOK FINAL FANTASY AND TURNED IT INTO FRIKKIN BRITNEY DANCE BEAT!!! *puff wheeze*
He also took the most emo and wangsty installment of the FF series and made it fun.

Fallensky7

May 21, 2008
1. Swallowing tiny marbles of earth goo gives you magic powers.
2. If there is a color, there is a magic for it.
3. Pockets are actually extra dimensional spaces for storing items.
4. Things i rip off dead monsters can be sold for lots of money.
5. Grinding for 6 hours straight is the solution to any problem.
6. For any other problem (see giant fucking swords).
7. There is always a "second" final boss.
8. Final Fantasy should not be an MMORPG.
9. Men look like 14 year old women.
10. Gunblades CAN be brought to a gun fight.
11. Whats FF8?
12. Giant chickens > horses,cars,air planes,ect.
13. There is only 1 set of spell animations.
14. Physics are for pussies.

face_down

May 21, 2008
Forgive me for this, it's just the game's so goddamn overrated! Especially compared to VI.

If a game is released in 1997 and just so happens to be called final fantasy VII you can and are legally obliged to milk for all it is worth.

exoneuk

May 1, 2008
I have to wait to fight someone. Therefore it has taught me to be quite polite in that respect.

"After you!"
"No, no, after YOU!"
"Oh I insist, after you, sir!"
"Not at all!"
Etc, etc.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
When an important character dies(in the story) ...The people that says you can bring them back are lying.

If you want to beat the game you have to TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN.

Ritz Dijuto

Sep 15, 2008
VRaptorX post=9.56431.474688 said:
actually...has there ever been a silver haired hero in FF?

Tales series yes but I don't remember any in FF.
Two words.

Setzer Gabbiani.

Go play Final Fantasy VI and we'll talk.

Anyway, what I have learned...

...Is that no matter how cool the theory of "Blue Magic" is, it will never replace a well-placed NUKE*.

* = This applies to both real nukes and the NUKE spell from the first game.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Trusting teenagers and/or children with world destructive powers is a totally responsible thing to do. There's no way a hormonal teenager is going to use that power for their own ends when they turn their angst up to 11.

Meeting the same beautiful, yet oddly accessible, girl twice in a short period of time is definetly a sign that you're meant to fall in love and be together for ever. Go for it.