Things that happened one (or five) too many times in a video game.

MrLlamaLlama

Mar 3, 2011
Teamkilled in Magicka. Funny when you're in the mood, rip your hair out irritating when you're not.

Aris Khandr said:
Freaking Zubat. In pretty much every Pokemon game.
Also this.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Serving UpSmiles said:
Ace of Spades said:
Whenever Crysis 2 would wheel out one of those giant walker things you had to flank with heavy weapons. I liked the game overall, but those fights were just annoying, especially since they had an EMP that could wipe out my cloak instantly.
Protip, cloack after EMP and use c4, sprint.
EMP wipes all your energy. Meaning you can't cloak or run.

OT: Getting knifed in COD. Seriously, how does a shotgun lose to a knife?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
umadbro said:
Ok, so for me it was in Bullet Storm, I went through the game once and noticed the fat space marine, as Yahtzee put it, fell from heights upwards of 100-200 meters around eight times during the entire story and was able to shrug it off like nothing happened and resumed slide kicking people in the groin. What are your experiences?
I think the thing that bothered me more was the fact that there wasn't a single thing in that game that didn't blow up. If it was a holiday resort then surely everything would have had to be flame tested and approved for guest safety.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Also, clueless puzzles. I gave up on castlevania los because of this

"okay, i swear to god, if i get another puzzle that's just damn trial and error, i'm trading this in. *next level is a hedge maze, once more with no clues whatsoever, just guesswork* oh for the love of-"

Long missions with no checkpoints. Gta4 you go to hell for this. The special hell.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
In FPS's, random shells, punches, other powerful explosions knocking the protagonist down, making him unable to get up until all plot-relevant stuff is finished. Happened several too many times in Crysis 2.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Freaking gunships/heavy mechs in Mass Effect 2. Goddamn, you need more original mini-bosses, Bioware!

umadbro

May 4, 2011
SERIOUSLY! even the hot dog carts were made into meaty shrapnel bombs just by kicking them.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Serving UpSmiles said:
Ace of Spades said:
Whenever Crysis 2 would wheel out one of those giant walker things you had to flank with heavy weapons. I liked the game overall, but those fights were just annoying, especially since they had an EMP that could wipe out my cloak instantly.
Protip, cloack after EMP and use c4, sprint.
EMP wipes all your energy. Meaning you can't cloak or run.

OT: Getting knifed in COD. Seriously, how does a shotgun lose to a knife?
Thats why you get the Nanosuit ability that lets you recharge your energy faster.