Aug 1, 2009
"Theres a new FPS out soon"
"The games main feature revolves around cover based shooting"

These 2 sentences are starting to grind on me of late

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Marter said:
I'm tired of hearing all of the "Your mom" jokes/retorts.
Thank you!

Sounds people make that are supposed to be funny... Annoying sounds that makes me want to punch them on the mouth!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
"Revolutionary", though to sum it up, I hate all marketing lingo.

"Your mom!" as a joke. It's not funny. It never was funny. Stagnant humor is about the second worst way I can think of to torture another person.

"Changing gears", "Touch base", "Nuke-U-lar" (vs Nu-clear), "Segway/ing "
Silly time wasting memes. How trendy! They can all die in a fire.

Tearopenthelives

May 15, 2008
F- Friend, M- ME

F "I'm not getting Reach"
M "Why?"
F "Because it's crap"
M (Summarised) "It looks good the multiplayer adds a great new dynamic to previously bland gameplay"
F "No Halo 3 was the greatest game ever"
M "Why?"
F "Because it is"

Face*palm=Result of idiocy

(Generalised) X is #undesirable, due to it's popularity attitude

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Stupid questions - "Is that you heading out?" (opening the front door in a jacket and shoes)
"What you doing?" you can see what I'm doing quite clearly!

My escapist favourite - "When will episode 3 come out??" please stop asking!

Girls who ***** about never having a good lasting relationship when they give it out for free on day one and wonder why they always get "asshole guys"

"X console is better than Y console despite your opinion because..."

herpaderphurr

Mar 16, 2010
"The government should make x illegal."

baggyn said:
"What's the time?"
"Time you got a watch"

To be fair i find my self saying this sometimes so it's a bit hypocritical me posting it.
Best IRL troll ever.

Randy11517 said:
Slaanax said:
The Word ****** of X-box Live, at what point do I want to listen to 13 year kids call people who kill them Niggers. Good thing they have the mute option.
Thanks for reminding me.
Little kids calling everyone niggers/nazis
Ah, I saw your avatar and was reminded... why don't little kids ever play TF2?

Je Hones

Dec 9, 2009
"Epic" when not referring to the form of literature or theatre. Also "filth", or any other convoluted way of articulating the extent of said filth, when applied to any Dubstep track.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Furburt said:
L1250 said:
I should probably mention that I don't hate Avatar as a movie (I'd describe it as "meh"); I hate how absurdly well-received it was for such an average movie. It made more money than any other movie ever, was critically-acclaimed, was nominated for an academy award for best picture of the year, and caused people to fall into depression because they could never hope to be as perfect as the movie's characters. I'd call it ridiculous, but that doesn't even begin to describe it.
Eh, once anything gets popular, the weirdos start to crawl out of the woodwork. I mean, I liked Avatar, but people who are saying it's the best film of all time clearly don't know what they're talking about. It's a good film if you take it the right way, and it's a fun trip to the cinema if you're in the mood to just be entertained, but it's not the best film ever, it's not the film of the year, and it's not Cameron's best.
I view the film a bit less positively than you, but I agree with you for the most part and I'll accept your opinion. You seem like a pretty cool guy and you're clearly one of the movie's more rational fans.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
JuryNelson said:
FieryTrainwreck said:
JuryNelson said:
and the one that makes my mouth foam:

"Why make something great when good sells better?" You don't sound smart or revolutionary any more, you just sound like you don't understand business.
My most hated line of reasoning: if you complain about something that serves business interests, you're an idiot. We all must worship the almighty fucking dollar and all constructs designed to further its dominance - even at the expense of hobbies founded on raw entertainment value.

The only reason people shouldn't repeat the quoted text? It's depressing. That doesn't mean it isn't 100% true.
My most hated line of reasoning: If you defend logic that serves business interests, you're a puppet or a flunky for the man. You don't have to worship it, just don't refuse to understand it
The question is: to whom are you defending it? A person? With a reasonable idea, request, or preference? I think such "idiots" are, without fail, more important than business.

Then again, I'm also a firm believer that business, in general, is a vice tightening around the ballsack of all humanity. Under the unassailable flag of "tightening the leaks", business interests are pretty much strangling all the fun out of life. In fact, if business isn't doing so, it's not behaving correctly by its own fucking admission. It's evolutionary; in the absence of strict, well-meaning constraints, capitalism just runs right over people. It's so far out front, in this country as well as most of the world, that defending it is sort of like cheering for the Yankees outside of New York. It makes you a douche.

See: Activision. Blah blah blah typical anti-business ranter brings up company with the audacity to make money I know, I get it. Same line of reasoning used against bleeding hearts and academics - people with the audacity to care about other people and value fucking intelligence, respectively.

Sorry. I clearly can't have this discussion in any sort of constructive manner. You're right. I'm out.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
People who suck up to corporations for making shit products.

Like all the Modern Warfare 2 defenders.

An flawed game, with ridiculous plot, very short campaign, and downright bad multiplayer.

Oh, and no dedicated servers on PC. Don't bother porting your generic brown FPS game on PC (even though CoD is somewhat of an originally PC franchise, or so some people say, I wouldn't know.) if you aren't going to offer the same things as everyone else. Nobody gives a fuck about the half-assed 3 hour campaign. Everyone plays FPS games for multiplayer, very rarely there are exceptions with a decent campaign and no multiplayer.

Either provide what's expected, or don't bother at all. Cite some bullshit pirate statistics you've just pulled out of your ass and don't port at all. Although from business point of view, most established franchises will get their assholes sucked dry despite the quality of things they release, fanboys care little about that as long as the right title is slapped on.

Not having dedicated servers on PC is almost like not having controller support on consoles.
-Certain- console players clearly don't get enough of their exclusives and shitty premade gaming systems, they have to stick their noses where they don't belong.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
The Wii sucks
The Wii has no good games
Nintendo suck
Nintendo have flooded the Wii with shovelware
Nintendo have no creativity
All Zelda games are the same
All Mario games are the same
The first 2 Pokemon games are the only good ones
Star Wars prequel trilogy doesn't exist/sucks/ruined Star Wars
Crystal Skull doesn't exist/sucks/ruined by aliens
Escape from Monkey Island doesn't exist
Motion controls are the worst thing evar/less accurate than analogue stick control
Casual game(r)s shoudn't exist
People should be permitted to own any gun they want and carry it in public to protect themselves from people with guns/the government
The government is evil and all forms of government control are horrible attempts to restrict my freedom
Freedom of speech is more important than someone's right not to be abused for their race/sexuality/religion/gender
The rich shouldn't pay taxes to help support the poor as they have brought it upon themselves
[Topic not dis/proven by science] does not exist
Australia is full of racist hicks
Australia's government is turning the country into China 2.0
I worked in retail I know I'm right (from customers)

I'm sure there's more but I've vented enough for today.

JuryNelson

Mar 3, 2010
FieryTrainwreck said:
JuryNelson said:
FieryTrainwreck said:
JuryNelson said:
and the one that makes my mouth foam:

"Why make something great when good sells better?" You don't sound smart or revolutionary any more, you just sound like you don't understand business.
My most hated line of reasoning: if you complain about something that serves business interests, you're an idiot. We all must worship the almighty fucking dollar and all constructs designed to further its dominance - even at the expense of hobbies founded on raw entertainment value.

The only reason people shouldn't repeat the quoted text? It's depressing. That doesn't mean it isn't 100% true.
My most hated line of reasoning: If you defend logic that serves business interests, you're a puppet or a flunky for the man. You don't have to worship it, just don't refuse to understand it
The question is: to whom are you defending it? A person? With a reasonable idea, request, or preference? I think such "idiots" are, without fail, more important than business.

Then again, I'm also a firm believer that business, in general, is a vice tightening around the ballsack of all humanity. Under the unassailable flag of "tightening the leaks", business interests are pretty much strangling all the fun out of life. In fact, if business isn't doing so, it's not behaving correctly by its own fucking admission. It's evolutionary; in the absence of strict, well-meaning constraints, capitalism just runs right over people. It's so far out front, in this country as well as most of the world, that defending it is sort of like cheering for the Yankees outside of New York. It makes you a douche.

See: Activision. Blah blah blah typical anti-business ranter brings up company with the audacity to make money I know, I get it. Same line of reasoning used against bleeding hearts and academics - people with the audacity to care about other people and value fucking intelligence, respectively.

Sorry. I clearly can't have this discussion in any sort of constructive manner. You're right. I'm out.
Sort of why I hate to hear it (topic of post)
it's never constructive and it always boils down to two people taking sides on an argument they don't even really want to have. And we both argue WAY more radically than either of us actually believes.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
JuryNelson said:
it's never constructive and it always boils down to two people taking sides on an argument they don't even really want to have. And we both argue WAY more radically than either of us actually believes.
Nah, I actually believe that business logic, unbound, is the scourge of humanity. I've given up arguing as much because we, as a species, are clearly incapable of pumping the brakes - and because the only necessary step on the road to having a disagreement is to open your fucking mouth. There's always someone who will twist reason, even his or her own, just to oppose you, and modern sensibilities insist he or she is given the same outlet and respect.

JuryNelson

Mar 3, 2010
FieryTrainwreck said:
JuryNelson said:
Nah, I actually believe that business logic, unbound, is the scourge of humanity. I've given up arguing as much because we, as a species, are clearly incapable of pumping the brakes - and because the only necessary step on the road to having a disagreement is to open your fucking mouth. There's always someone who will twist reason, even his or her own, just to oppose you, and modern sensibilities insist he or she is given the same outlet and respect.
If we're getting all meta and shit, then ANY kind of logic, unbound, is the scourge of humanity. It's that story "Al Persona." Every master he visits eventually has to be defeated by a new one because every single idea, taken to its logical extreme, is horrifying.

I don't like people who take an anti-business stance just to be anti-business. Business is Economy and Economy is the reason anyone ever has a job or money or food or a family or a future. There is a thing that is the way things ARE and there is a thing that is the way things SHOULD BE, and these two are never the same and the latter is never the same for more than one person at a time.

Utopian arguments are almost never worth having. It's like the windchill thing. Or price before tax. "Don't tell me how things WOULD be if they were PERFECT." that's not useful.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
JuryNelson said:
FieryTrainwreck said:
JuryNelson said:
If we're getting all meta and shit, then ANY kind of logic, unbound, is the scourge of humanity. It's that story "Al Persona." Every master he visits eventually has to be defeated by a new one because every single idea, taken to its logical extreme, is horrifying.

I don't like people who take an anti-business stance just to be anti-business. Business is Economy and Economy is the reason anyone ever has a job or money or food or a family or a future. There is a thing that is the way things ARE and there is a thing that is the way things SHOULD BE, and these two are never the same and the latter is never the same for more than one person at a time.

Utopian arguments are almost never worth having. It's like the windchill thing. Or price before tax. "Don't tell me how things WOULD be if they were PERFECT." that's not useful.
Moderation in all things, of course, no argument there. The point I try to make is this: regardless of what force you believe opposes business, there is little doubt that business is absolutely crushing it. The sensible, middle-of-the-road people, at this point, are the ones trying to prod the beast of capitalism back into its cage. A pro-business stance, today, is akin to sitting on top of the boulder already rolling down the hill.

I can definitely understand exhaustion with regard to the topic, though. Neither side is ever going to "win". People never adjust beforehand on the basis of a few good ideas. It takes bloody revolution, every single time.

Anyways, I'm hardly anti-business. I understand the crucial role it serves. I also believe it is a construct of our design, and it should necessarily serve a majority of people well. When this stops being the case, as is the final if unconscious goal of capitalism, people need to step in and redirect things - aggressively, if necessary.

I'm not so ridiculously naive that I would suggest we relinquish control entirely to the market. Anyone suggesting as much needs to pick up a history book. All that lousy government interference came about for a goddamn reason, ya know?

Enough debate with someone whose worldview is clearly not that far from my own.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
On Facebook: "JOIN THIS GROUP TO SEE *insert something about a picture of a celebrity I don't care about here*"
and "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG FACEBOOK'S GONNA MAKE US PAY SOON OMG JOIN THIS TO MAKE IT STOP!"Even if they were corporate enough to make people pay, Facebook wouldn't care about them joining a group to say they don't like it...

Aug 25, 2009
Any time anyone claims to have lost faith in humanity. If you really have, kill yourself, because there is no reason to live.

Apart from that, nothing much. I tend to tune out what a lot of people say to me.