Things you have lost taste for.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
This thread is rated PG. For scenes of sex, aggression, strong language, Parasondox, and stupidity from the outset.

This doesn't have to do with food. It could be just other things too that you once enjoyed but just have no taste for.

Cinema Popcorn. Sweet, plain, salted, buttery (heart attack much), it's just so fucking dull these days. No point getting them which watching a movie.

Chicken. But you are black, Para. Wow. Racist much? Yeah I still eat it but meh. I am back to having more seafood. I am from the Caribbean and seafood is the norm.

Chocolate. But Para, your skin tone is the same as chocolate. Wow. Sexy, true and racist much? Errr... I dunno. I guess it's okay but it doesn't turn me on or anything.

Sweets. I am not my sister. She has a sweet tooth. I just don't care for the things anymore. I dilute juices I buy with water because it's so so sweet.

Give up your things that you have lost taste for. Maybe it's humans, I dunno.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I've lost my interest in most children's sweets. Though I still absolutely love chocolate.

French fries as well. I used to get all happy when we were having french fries (with mayonaise which is the norm here), but at some point I just...stopped enjoying them. I still buy some from time to time, but it's rare.

And that's about it.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Egg Salad. Maybe. This is odd as hell because I seem to be in a cycle (that's measured in the length of years) where I switch between being revolted by the taste and loving it. I still have no idea why to this day.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Pacifiers. When I was younger than three, I loved then, but then I just stopped using them.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Women. I mean i still like the sight of women, and having intercourse with women, but they just aren't worth the effort you know? I secretly wish i was gay, but other than that one experience in college, im not really attracted to men.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Edgy dark grim stuff.

Used to be all super into it around my high school days, I mean what teenager isn't? Shit that's dark and metal as fuck yo, that's awesome and screw the kiddy crap.

Nowadays I find myself enjoying the lighter stuff far more. I want corny jokes and bright visuals and a happy ending. Life sucks enough already, I don't need my escapism also getting me down all the time. I want more Terry Pratchett and less G.R.R.Martin in my fiction.

Also I can't eat blueberries anymore, which makes me ridiculously sad. Used to be a bowl of blueberries with some whipped cream was heavenly, now for whatever reason it just gives me a hardcore stomach ache. And I've checked, thoroughly, it's definitely the blueberries and not the whipped cream causing it. WTF stomach!

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Lufia Erim said:
I secretly wish i was gay, but other than that one experience in college, im not really attracted to men.

On a side-note though I understand how you feel. My GF and I honestly only became a couple because we're literally the only people in my town who have any shared interests. While she's good looking (at least that's how I see her) and I see myself as being decent in appearance, the real core of our relationship is we where the only ones we knew who wouldn't laugh at the shit we watch and instead joke about how we have shit taste while enjoying every moment of watching the garbage anime we like.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Most of the music I've enjoyed in the past. That may have to do with the fact that a lot of the music I enjoy now I wasn't allowed access to as a kid because I guess Iron Maiden is of the devil or something. Had I been allowed to explore my preferences, I may have never swung around so wildly.

I also went through a phase where I thought "realism" and lack of game-y-ness was the hallmark of good design. Then I realized I wasn't enjoying anything and that swiftly went away.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Artsy stuff.

I used to be all over movies by Jim Jarmusch and David Lynch back in my early twenties, as well as other non-genre films that felt expressely made outside of the Hollywood system. But now I can't really be bothered anymore. Now when I watch a movie or play a game I want to be entertained first and foremost -- anything artistic or intellectual that's present I regard as a nice bonus. I still like movies like Dead Man and Ghost Dog, but any new movies that give me that artsy drama vibe I usually ignore now. With some exceptions, like Her.

Chanticoblues

Apr 6, 2016
Pepsi
Stanley Kubrick
Led Zeppelin
Meta storytelling
Surrealist painters
Any personality-based media reviewer
Running shoes
Dairy Queen
Cynicism
Cats

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Junk food. You know, chips, fast food burgers, fries, etcetera. When I was in my early teenage years I loved to munch this stuff, but now I don't crave for it.

Hip-Hop and Rap.

Also, during my younger periods of life I almost became a weaboo. Key word is almost.

Oh, and since it's a gaming site, I'll also mention "completing the game no matter how much I dislike it". Granted, I didn't play MANY such games in the past, but I tried to complete them nontheless. But thanks to Final Fantasy XIII I kind of dropped this attitude and now if I don't like the game I don't play it and concentrate on better things.

deadmanreaper13

May 18, 2010
League of Legends, used to play almost everyday for 2 years. few months ago just stopped playing it, realized that it had grown boring for me and i was just doing it for the 'first win of the day' IP bonus. played it when URF came back for a weekend, thats still rather fun, but normal games are just tiring.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I was going to jokingly say 'Men', but I thought that would be rude, then I saw the women one. So yeah. Rude.

Offensive-on-purpose humour: Oh wow, you said a thing that would not normally be said in polite company. Very edgy, much humour.

Supernatural: The guys are hot and all, but dear god just let that show die.

Mass Effect: I'm trying to find fucks to give about Andromeda, but I just can't. Not after ME3.

I can't really think of any food that I've gone off, I'm more likely to develop a taste for things than stop liking something. Except... well, marzipan. But that was a long time ago. When I was a small unsupervised child I may or may not have unwrapped an entire Battenburg's worth of marzipan, rolled it into a ball, and eaten it. I can't even look at marzipan now.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Parasondox said:
Cinema Popcorn. Sweet, plain, salted, buttery (heart attack much), it's just so fucking dull these days. No point getting them which watching a movie.
Gotta agree with this. Microwave popcorn is the true popcorn.

As for myself...

I grew quite bored with shooters a few years ago. It's not like they've done anything new ever since Modern Warfare came out. And going along with this, I don't play many AAA games in general, because they are almost all shooters. Or Ubisoft collectathons. But luckily there so many great games coming out these days that I really don't need to care what EA, Ubisoft or Activision are doing anymore.

I'm also less interested in getting shitfaced these days, which was a pretty consistent part of my life when I was about 17-20 years old. I still like drinking, but in smaller quantities. But that's just a normal part of getting older, I think.

I'm not really into generic fantasy (orcs, elves, goblins etc.) in the same way as I used to be. I was devouring trashy fantasy novels (mostly forgotten realms) as a kid and teenager, but these days, I like to be surprised a bit more. Not really a problem, as there are plenty more creative fantasy novels being written.

But overall, I think my tastes have remained remarkably similar. I can't really think of any food I used to like and now don't. I like some things that I used to dislike, which is far nicer.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
98% of Online Games, especially MMO's - I used to only play multiplayer games, both online and on console with anyone, while completely ignoring the campaigns entirely. Now I prefer to play single player games a lot more.

Listening to the Radio - Something I usually put in the background now just distracts me.

Parasondox said:
Chicken. But you are black, Para. Wow. Racist much? Yeah I still eat it but meh. I am back to having more seafood. I am from the Caribbean and seafood is the norm.

Chocolate. But Para, your skin tone is the same as chocolate. Wow. Sexy, true and racist much? Errr... I dunno. I guess it's okay but it doesn't turn me on or anything.
Did someone really ask you this? Bloody Oath!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
MysticSlayer said:
Most of the music I've enjoyed in the past. That may have to do with the fact that a lot of the music I enjoy now I wasn't allowed access to as a kid because I guess Iron Maiden is of the devil or something. Had I been allowed to explore my preferences, I may have never swung around so wildly.
Same here. Most of the music I listened to when I was young, I just can't really enjoy anymore. My music is deeply tied to my emotional state, and I'm just not in that mindset anymore. I listen to different music.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Totally with you on chocolate. Used to eat it till it came out of my ears when I was younger, nowadays, two or three pieces and I'll feel sick if I eat any more. Can barely make it through a single bar.

Haribo is ass. Unless it's those little milk bottles. I still love those.

Queen Michael said:
Pacifiers. When I was younger than three, I loved then, but then I just stopped using them.
We don't know each other, but I know you often make jokes like this. Don't know whether to strangle or hug you each time.

Parasondox said:
I dilute juices I buy with water because it's so so sweet.
Ewwww. Waste of good OJ if you ask me.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Phasmal said:
Supernatural: The guys are hot and all, but dear god just let that show die.
A couple months ago, I would have protested. But then someone told me what they did to Death.

For fucks sake, Supernatural. Just stop.

Personally, I may have lot my taste for video games. It's either that, or I've become 'One of Those People' that the game industry has abandoned, and they simply don't make games for people like me any more. Both are depressing scenarios.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Headsprouter said:
Parasondox said:
I dilute juices I buy with water because it's so so sweet.
Ewwww. Waste of good OJ if you ask me.
Orange Juice I leave it as it is. I buy the bitter stuff with the pulp. It's other juices like the berries that I dilute.