Things you just couldn't get into

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
May have been discussed before but yeah I'm bored sooooo

Lord of the Rings- I've said this before no matter how much the geeks gush over it I just couldn't get past the second book they are just written so boringly, (I did read the first one so mabye that gives me a little credibility) I don't mind the movies, as far as high fantasy goes I actually prefer dragon age origins (gasp!) then I tried to read the hobbit and I couldnt do it

The witcher- I know its gotten really good praise but I dunno this fantasy world jsut feels Kinda dull, I kept comparing it to dragon age and I realised while I hated the combat (Yeah pretty much the "game" part) of dragon age, I fell in love the the setting story and charachters, and this is high fantasy we are talking about, I usually can;t stand high fantasy and geralt is about as compelling as a rock...a very white rock

Bladerunner- seen it a few times, yes I'm sure its amazing, though I;m not surpresed people were unsure about it back then, They were expecting a cool sci fi action flick and instead got a bunch of weirdness turned up to 11 (greatest sci fi film of all time weirdness though)

Star wars- I did see the first one, yes it was awsome second one pretty cool havnt seen the third one, I wont bother with the prequels

Devil may cry- (EDIT I only got it recently so of corse I wasnt aware of realease dates) I dunno it just feels like a god of war clone, main issue is I really HATE having control of the camera taken away, while in god of war it was ok here it just dosnt work for me

Jackie Brown- one of Tarantinos lesser known films, Ill have to watch it again I think at the time veiwing conditions weren't perfect

Ratatoullie- usually I love anything pixar, I don;t mind this film but I just couldn't get into it as much as the others I can't really say why though

Deus ex- yes this game is awsome and amazing but theres somthing about the graphics that kinda creep me out

Iron man 2- I was actually bored with this? I shouldn't be bored during an Iron man film

Kingdomm hearts- those big yellow shoes.....just kinda put me off (I'll try again though I promise)

So yes thats me, how about you? and why?

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Vault101 said:
Devil may cry- I dunno it just feels like a god of war clone, main issue is I really HATE having control of the camera taken away, while in god of war it was ok here it just dosnt work for me
What.

God of war is a (bad) DMC clone.

trog08

Jul 24, 2009
I agree with everything here except one thing. Devil May Cry is definetly not a God of War clone. The DMC series already had three games out before the original God of War was released. The gameplay is also a little different with DMC's relying on style and combos as opposed to the somewhat mindless hack and slash of GOW.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Mass Effect, Star Wars, and Devil May Cry.

Everyone says Mass Effect is one of the best games ever made. I just don't see it.

Same for Star Wars, just its film instead of game.

DMC I think is just stupid.

MCDeltaT

Aug 18, 2009
Splinter Cell: Conviction. Maybe becasue it was they first Splinter Cell I played but I just didn't care, now if sam fisher could wield a staff and summon meteors........

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Fruit salad - Something about putting every fruit together so that they all taste like each other doesn't really appeal to me.

Laptops - Hate the way you use that "touchpad" thing, yeah I could get a mouse but I'd rather hate it.

Racing Sims - A bit too tedious to be called a game.

Uncreation

Aug 4, 2009
Novskij said:
Vault101 said:
Star wars- I did see the first one, yes it was awsome second one pretty cool havnt seen the third one, I wont bother with the prequels
Thats the problem, youve seen the first and second one, which are shittier than the prequels.
Uhm, just so we're clear here: the prequels would be episodes 4, 5 and 6, the old ones, right?

Vault101, you should definitely see the older Star Wars movies. It is almost universally agreed that they are far better than the new ones. But overall, yes, those are things you shouldn't get into. Things YOU shouldn't get into. Lots of other people like them. I myself like quite a few of them. To each their own, as they say.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I never got into Final Fantasy. It just annoyed me and looked more like a grind than fun. Devil May Cry is also something I never got into.

CpnBeef

May 19, 2008
Gears of War - admittedly it took me long enough to even get into shooters, my friends raved about this game and it's ok but i just cat sit down and play it.

Portal - maybe because i only ave the XBLA version but i just dont like the controls.

a non gaming one

The Da Vinci Code - i fell asleep reading the authors goddamn 3 page speech at the front, no book. back on the shelf with you.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Uncreation said:
Novskij said:
Vault101 said:
Thats the problem, youve seen the first and second one, which are shittier than the prequels.
Uhm, just so we're clear here: the prequels would be episodes 4, 5 and 6, the old ones, right?

Vault101, you should definitely see the older Star Wars movies. It is almost universally agreed that they are far better than the new ones. But overall, yes, those are things you shouldn't get into. Things YOU shouldn't get into. Lots of people like them. I myself like quite a few of them. To each their own, as they say.
I did see the original ones (or number four and five if you want to get technical) Like I said havent seen the prequels and don't plan on it

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
trog08 said:
I agree with everything here except one thing. Devil May Cry is definetly not a God of War clone. The DMC series already had three games out before the original God of War was released. The gameplay is also a little different with DMC's relying on style and combos as opposed to the somewhat mindless hack and slash of GOW.
sorry I'm not familiar with that generation, I just got it recently so yeah Bad guess on my part

Bohemian Waltz

Oct 3, 2010
Uncreation said:
Novskij said:
Vault101 said:
"The prequels" refers to the star wars films episodes 1-3 which where released recently and are prequels to the "original trilogy" of star wars which consists of (Episode 4: A New Hope, Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back, and Episode 6: Return of The Jedi.)

I believe what vault101 is stating is that he's seen (Episode 4: A New Hope and Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back) and Novski is implying that the "original trilogy" is shitty, by comparison to more recent films "the prequels" (i.e. the one's with jar jar)

If all of this is true and the nobody thinks this is heresy with this I might in fact explode. (like the deathstar)

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
star wars didn't work for me either.
the whole force idea is cool, but the sci-fi aspect not so much.

you'll grow to love sora's big shoes though.
and if you don't DAMN YOU!
(yeah i love kingdom hearts) >_>

Crazyfear

Apr 3, 2010
I just have to post this and say I love your avatar Vault101, I've been trying to find the Foottrot flats books but cant find any!

On topic:
Most games like Penumbra I can never really get into, Deus Ex is something I've also never gotten into even though it is slightly similar to System Shock 2 which I enjoyed quite a bit! ^.^

LinedGoat

Nov 23, 2009
MMORPGs, they're just not my thing. I feel like a chinese sweatshop worker the moment I start clicking boars, slimes or other odd monsters.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Vault101 said:
Lord of the Rings- I've said this before no matter how much the geeks gush over it I just couldn't get past the second book they are just written so boringly, (I did read the first one so mabye that gives me a little credibility) I don't mind the movies, as far as high fantasy goes I actually prefer dragon age origins (gasp!) then I tried to read the hobbit and I couldnt do it
The Lord of the Rings is far from Tolkien's best work, and definitely not the first thing I'd suggest someone read by him.
You probably have no interest in reading anything else by him, but I really would recommend taking a look at a certain chapter in The Silmarillion called "Of Beren and Luthien".

It's easily my favourite story out of anything I've ever read.

OT: Glee. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I can't bring myself to find the time to sit down and watch it properly.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Sports games. I just dont get it - As in, dont get why youd spend so much money on them.