Things you never got over?

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
Belated back again with another thread that gets uncomfortably personal with you and your honest feelings. Why? I dunno. Curiosity I guess. Anyway, onto the subject.

We've all had pasts. And if you're an average person, yours was probably full of ups and downs. Good things happened to you that you probably get nostalgic over, but bad things also happened to you. Things you feel you really should've "gotten over" by now, but never did. Don't worry, you're not alone. Events are easier to remember when they left an impression, good or bad.

So, what are some bad things that happened to you that still make you feel sad or angry to think about? I'm not talking like, big, epic, life-changing events or massive tragic stories. I'm talking about the little things. Maybe somebody erased your Pokemon save. Maybe a teacher punished you for something another kid did. Maybe your dad ate your french fries. Y'know, something petty but irritating.

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
The one thing in my whole life I'm still not over was my first and last real relationship [aside from my current one.] I was such a prick to this one girl and I loved her so much. I wanted to change for her. I wanted to make a full 180. I did, in time, but in time she changed as well. She became someone I didn't want, she wasn't that girl I feel in love with.

What I would take back if i could were those months I was a complete asshole, the months when I let my whole life rot away. The other thing? I wish I never tried to give her and I a second chance. It only lead to more pain. Much more pain. After her and I stopped talking for a while I just started to forget about her. I got confident with myself. I started noticing that my only hope for love wasn't gone.

Then that spiral came, the empty feeling you get after the fun of being single wears off. I was about to settle for this girl that when I see her now, I ask the question "Was I drunk the whole time?" But I found my current girlfriend. As corny as ALL of this sounds, she built me back up. She gave me hope again and I love her for it.

What I can never get over is knowing that the reason the girl I loved in the first place changed because of me. Because of who I am. But what I can accept is that if I never had that god awful relationship, I would have never met the girl I'm with now. This girl that I've loved more than anyone or anything else in this world. I love her more than video games, more than surfing, more than acting, more than any family member and friend I have. She means the world to me. And losing this girl I'm with now WILL be the one thing I will never get over.

/end emotional love life rant

EDIT: Sorry about that... I kind of had a little episode with my current girlfriend while I was writing this over text. So yeah, I didn't really read the first post fully. ON TOPIC: Probably throwing ice at the back of the guy's head that was infront of me at the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I swear I almost died from fear. Now? I just don't think about it that much...aside from it was dark and I couldn't tell what would happen. I honestly wish I just sat quietly and watched the awful movie.

AusGamer44

Mar 24, 2011
I have a few that have done bad things to my psyche.I don't know if the phrase 'never got over' is accurate,but rather they changed me irrevocably in ways that are not good.
1.My father abandoning the family and then disowning me.Divorce is common now,but in the 1970s it was considered VERY shameful.I always felt kind of weird and embarrassed not to 'have a dad'.Why did my dad love his NEW family and want nothing to do with us?(In my late 20s We reconciled,but even when he was very ill recently I wasn't quick to pick up the phone.OTOH,when my beloved mother was dying,I never left her bedside.I believe in respecting your parents,and the power of family,but our relationship was just too damaged- despite him apologizing and striving to make it better.Some hurts you can't take back-even if you want to.
2.Teasing and bullying in high school.That did TERRIBLE things to me.To this day,I suffer poor confidence as a result.
3.Falling out of a tree at 10.I damaged my spine and have had chronic pain ever since.
4.My neighbour tried to rape me.I fell asleep in front of the tv and he broke the lock and I awoke with him on top of me.Thankfully,I woke in time before he succeeded and called the cops.A year later,my landlord in a different building tried to force himself on me.I slept for YEARS with my couch pushed against my front door and invested in a bunch of triple locks in every place I lived,safe neighbourhood or not.I'm only just now quit doing that.
5.A 10 yr dysfunctional relationship with a narissicist.He strung me along for years.If he didn't love me,he should have told me outright a LOT sooner and left me the fuck alone to find someone else.That's 10 years of my life I'll NEVER get back.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hmmmm...well I kind of am over it now since things have turned out well for me

in highschool I bombed acedemically....it was a big deal for me because I took it really bad, it was at that point I realised I had nothing going for me, not even doing well at school

and it was pretty much one set of exams in year 10...that was it, that was my one chance and I screwed up, so I spent alot of my school time afterwards resenting that and having the attitude "well whats the point? nothing I do now is going to matter" which was even worse... before I had set my standards a little higher than "finish school"....my brother had always done quite well in school, and since we are the same age the comparison (in my own head at least) always irritated me....in fact somtimes I get irritated because I feel like he's being a condecending prick somtimes...which I know isnt really true

then at one point my mum suggested other options whcich kind of made me flip out as in "IM NOT ONE OF THOSE RETARDS THAT DROPS OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!"

I wonder now If I had done well at school I might be studying somthing but having to worry about money/ getting a job at the end..so yeah

perhaps Im not fully over it...mabye I have some kind of inferiorty complex because of it

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
The closing of Pandemic Studios by EA.

I don't think I'll ever be able to fully comprehend that.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Hmmm...

Probably admitting my feelings to my best freind.

Didn't end well...

We don't speak anymore.

RazielXT

Oct 19, 2009
One time I feared I had cancer, it was long 2 month long sickness. Thankfully nothing SO serious, but youll be changed forever after you once acknowledge you seriously might die soon.

Del Spaig

Jan 26, 2012
One time, my brother and I both bought Pokemon cards, and his pack had a Dragonite in it. To this day I wish I could go back and tell myself to get the other one.

Silly child just lost the thing..

Why yes, this is a small, petty thing. It's been nagging me on and off for the better part of a decade though.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
My friends left me, laughing, as I was lying on the ground bleeding and pleading them to help me.

Never got over it, and now I am a psychotic, anti-social bastard of a person who thinks everyone will backstab him.

There, oversharing of the day completed.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
1. Every time I make an ass out of myself in front of a group of people I never can let it go. It can keep me up at night some times, and just the stupidest things to like honest mistakes or mis-following directions. things people forget about in a week I still remember after all these years.

2.The damage football/wrestling caused to my legs, still can't jog a half-mile without it feeling like needles running through my legs.

Penguinishka

Mar 19, 2009
Oh yeah, I got one of those...
Pre-school: There I was, making a super sweet pattern on a wooden pegboard minding my own business. When out of nowhere some random skank tries to take it from me. And of course being like 4 years old I told her back off. There were several other boards and plenty of pegs to go around, but NO she had have mine. Of course, she cried, told the teacher and I was sent to the corner for time out while SHE got to have MY pegboard! WTF?!
Probably the first WTF moment of my life, it stands out as one of the key things that make me hate authority or people trying to tell me what to do. Raaarrr!
So there you have it. Hope it was weird enough for you :D

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
Going threw high school I had a teacher, her and I could never see eye to eye. She always took 15 minutes of our class talking about how great her kids are. That her 2 year old can say another long word out of the dictionary. After like 3 months of blabber about her kids and our school lessons getting shorten, us cramming on homework and lessons. I finally stood up to her and said "I'm sick of hearing about your kids can you just teach us our lesson!" Ever since then she had it out for me. She ended up failing me, yet I ended up taking summer school and getting an A in english.

Every time she see's me now she has to harass me about my art and if I'm becoming the artist I always wanted to be. I swear she lives to torment me now because of one comment.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
I'm still a bit more angry than I should be about the fact that they didn't release Fable 2 on PC. My baby brother and I had a lot of fun playing Fable 1 (even though it wasn't very age-appropriate for him), and after we finished it he was asking me about Fable 2 for months. When the trailer came out I showed it to him and he was super psyched so I told him I'd buy it for him when it came out. And then the fuckers went and made it a console exclusive...

Yeah, I got him another game and he kind of liked it, but Fable 2 was going to be our game, damnit! Fucking Lionhead.

If you make a PC version of Fable 2 now, I will still buy it, as well as part 3, even after all these years. Until that time, consider me your archenemy.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Blue fingertips on Spider-Man's costume in the reboot. It's a petty, completely stupid, utterly trivial detail that has absolutely zero effect on the quality of the movie.

The movie may end up being awesome, it could be the best damn movie in the world... but DAMMIT THE COSTUME IS CHANGED AND I DON'T LIKE IT!

Apart from that, no not really I don't hold many grudges.

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
Back in 2009, I was working on a project with a friend of mine that was going to end up being, in my humble opinion, the greatest webcomic in the history of the entire internet. I had well over 200 pages of script written, though she was extremely slow on the artwork. After about six months of intense planning, and nearly every spare minute of mine going to writing this thing, she just up and stopped talking to me. No more artwork, not even a "Hi, how's it going?" She just decided she wanted nothing to do with me, or our project, anymore. Ever since then, I can't get more than a few paragraphs down on paper before I completely lose modivation.

On a side note, if there are any budding artists out there, I know of a decent project for you...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well to this day I never got over well forgive my friends (ex friends now) from high school for making fun of me (like my traity or flaws) everyday back then. Seriously they needed laughter as if it was oxgyen (they somehow laugh their arse off over this retro VCR that the teacher was using in one lesson).
Still I deliberately lost contact (cut ties) with them by refusing their friend request on Facebook, getting a new mobile phone and not telling them my new number and blocking them on MSN. As long they stay out of my life, I'm fine.