Things you understand but still kinda wierd you out a little

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
No, I always used a pic from Road to El Dorado for my v1 avatar.
Got'cha, someone else then. I wonder... Hmm. Either way, it was pretty funny. That pony thread had so much salt I could season my food for years

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Lol, the line up of the two gifs in your post, makes it look like your new pony avatar is angry/jealous of your old one. And is seeking to out-guitar your old image for dominance.
Lol, yeah that did work out well.

Got'cha, someone else then. I wonder... Hmm. Either way, it was pretty funny. That pony thread had so much salt I could season my food for years
Yeah, I was an active participant in pony posting, I just never had one as my avatar on the escapist. I do use one on youtube and I still occasionally get death threats over it, it amuses me.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Far as avatars go, I went from a smiling cat, to a LoL minion carrying a battle axe, to a disgruntled platypus. If you're wondering whether that's a reflection of growing disillusionment as to the state of the world, or whether it's fun to change avatars sometimes, the answer is yes.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I like how this thread went from "What weirds you out", to a discussion of Avatars and MLP.

So I guess that counts?

But seriously, again, the concept of gravity. I recall my teacher telling me in my science class a few years back, that if you were to shoot a bullet at a perfectly flat angle in front of you, and also drop a bullet from the same height - in perfect conditions - both would hit the ground at the same time. I have always thought that was pretty wild.

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
But seriously, again, the concept of gravity. I recall my teacher telling me in my science class a few years back, that if you were to shoot a bullet at a perfectly flat angle in front of you, and also drop a bullet from the same height - in perfect conditions - both would hit the ground at the same time. I have always thought that was pretty wild.
See, honestly that kind of makes sense to me. The force pulling them down is constant regardless of whatever forces are moving them sideways. Now, you get into stuff like dropping a hammer and a golf ball and having them both hit at the ground simultaneously, hats when my brain starts protesting "But the hammer is heavier it must fall faster!"