Things You're Proud To Own

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
My guns. Each one a piece of history and some of humanity's finest creations. Plus, they're useful.

Hip Priest

Aug 25, 2011
A 1929 copy of Turgenev's Fathers and Sons. The fact that I picked it up from an Oxfam shop for less than £3 is part of its charm.

Cheskaz

Nov 20, 2009
Fender ukulele
Ashton ukulele
Zeus the Guitar.
Box set of Megan Washington's music
A "To Victory" Dalek poster
First (published) edition of House of Leaves
My copy of Edgar Allen Poe's "Tales of Mystery and Imagination
http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.183291737.jpg

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
I have the original Mobile Suit Gundam in all it's terrible and disappointing glory on VHS. As well as what OP has, then again I' ma huge Star Wars nerd. There's also an original VHS copy of Akira floating around in my room somewhere. I wish old ass anime on VHS was worth something. :/

EDIT: I also have a Japanese Holographic 1st Edition Charizard pokemon card, which is supposedly worth quite a bit.

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
My collection of working consoles, some two dozens of them, from 1979 up to now.

One of the first editions of Poe's 'The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket', circa 1860.

1928 copy of Weird Tales magazine, in which 'The Call of Cthulhu', by H.P.Lovecraft, was first published. I don't even keep it home; it is in my bank's vault system.

estoria-etnia

Aug 22, 2009
My autographed copy of Tales of the Abyss.

A leather-bound edition of Edgar A. Poe's works.

My copy of Tales of Symphonia.

My copies of FFVII and FFIX in near mint condition.

Aglaid

Mar 27, 2011
My Sonic Screwdriver (10th Doctor) and my computer, it's pretty nice if I do say so myself.

Captain_Fantastic

Jun 28, 2011
what could be called a small armory

including 7 katana 2 of which are functional
2 bokken(practice katana)
1 shinai(also practice weapon)
1 sabre
a quarter inch thick stainless steel cross shaped gravemarker
1 tanto
various knives and daggers
2 machete 1 kukri 1 regular
a functional musket
1 broadsword
and probly more if i looked

the quarter inch thick stainless steel cross shaped gravemarker just seemed like a cool thing to have and is roughly sword size

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
-The Lord of the Rings:Fellowship/Towers Boxed Set and Return extended edition. I just couldn't find the last one in a box! But they're all extended so I'm happy.
-Space Marine Collector's Edition. The Purity Seal was worth it!
-Melodica. It may not be the same one Noodle has, a certain number of octaves and green, but I can still play the Clint Eastwood and Broken Melodica lines.
-Heaps of Lego posters, magazines and other stuff.
-Over 200 Duel Master cards. I haven't sold them even though I could make a fortune.

And finally my Gorillaz shirt. Got it at their show in NZ. Not signed or anything like that, but I still love it.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
I have Metroid Prime Trilogy; bought it ON RELEASE DAY! Aw Yeah!

Apparently, their isn't any copies of this game in any store in the city any more.

EDIT: also, I have a copy of Mega Man Gigamix vol. 1.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
A broken PS3 and a broken Xbox 360... both failed 3 days after the expiration of their respective warranties.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
My guns:
2 Mosin Nagants- a 1930 and a 1944
1 Mauser 98
1 SU-16CA
1 Winchester 12 gauge
1 H&R Topper model 158 16 gauge(My first gun :D)
1 Walther P38(not an original but still fun to shoot)
1 Mauser C96 from between 1915-1920 cambered in 7.63mm Mauser(that ammo is a ***** and a half to find)
2 Colt Civil War Centennials Short .22 in their original box

edit: Also a sword my uncle gave me before he passed and another given to me by my granddad after he passed.

AccursedTheory said:
How is it to shoot? Most lasers([sub].22s[/sub]) I've used jam way too often.

imperialus

Apr 20, 2009
I'm a bibliophile and a history nerd so my list is a... little different.

A first printing of Dune
A first printing of Winston Churchill's memoirs of WWII
A 1919 edition of the official histories of WWI
A 1926 edition of Shakespeare's complete works.
Canada's official histories for WWII
A 50th anniversary edition of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

Now to really go down the rabbit hill of geekdom and into my RPG stuff

A copy of Dieties and Demigods with the Cthulhu mythos.
A pristine copy of the 1981 Moldvay basic rulebook
A copy of the Eastmark Gazetteer numbered 32 out of 300 and signed by Gary Gygax. It was the last thing published with his name on it before he passed away.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, I just reached down and grabbed my original Gameboy Advance, purple, complete with a working copy of the original Pokemon Red, with a save file still on it. I'd continue, but everything pales in comparison to a working copy of the original Pokemon Red.

There's a Sega Genesis of questionable working order at my mother's, as well as two Nintendo 64's and Playstation 1's (one each here with my father and one each with my mother). My Playstation 2 is still working, though the controller has some wiring issues. I also have such gems as The Final Fantasy Anthology, FF VII, VIII, IX, the XII Special Edition, The Legend of Dragoon, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, and Kingdom Hearts I & II.

I have the entire Scrubs series on DVD (save the 9th season because I consider it to be in a different technical series).

I have two copies of The Lord of the Rings books, The Chronicles of Narnia, the Harry Potter books, the first four Artemis Fowl books, the six Seventh Tower books, and the first ten Redwall books.

And while not my own, my father has the entire DVD series of Stargate SG-1, Firefly, The 4400, and M*A*S*H*, VHS tapes of the original Star Wars and Star Trek films, and the following books:

The Chronicles of Narnia, First Collier Books Edition -

The Silmarillion, First Ballantine Books Edition -

A fairly large number of Isaac Asimov Foundation and Robot books, and

The original, first edition hardcover copies of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; The Restaurant at the End of the Universe; Life, the Universe, and Everything; and So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

He actually has far many more books than that, but those are the ones I personally find fascinating.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Gaiseric said:
My guns:
1 Mauser 98
1 SU-16CA
1 Winchester 12 gauge
1 Mauser C96 from between 1915-1920 cambered in 7.63mm Mauser(that ammo is a ***** and a half to find)

edit: Also a sword my uncle gave me before he passed and another given to me by my granddad after he passed.

AccursedTheory said:
I just got it yesterday, actually. And Central Texas is surprisingly sparse on Ranges (Closest one that's not just a big open space of land where I'd be lucky not to be shot by some idiot is about 60 miles away).

Probably wont get a chance until next 'weekend' (My weekends are Wednesday thru Friday/Saturday). And its bugging the hell out of me. Haven't shot anything for about 8 months and I'm getting itchy.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
AccursedTheory said:
Gaiseric said:
My guns:
1 Mauser 98
1 SU-16CA
1 Winchester 12 gauge

AccursedTheory said:
I just got it yesterday, actually. And Central Texas is surprisingly sparse on Ranges (Closest one that's not just a big open space of land where I'd be lucky not to be shot by some idiot is about 60 miles away).

Probably wont get a chance until next 'weekend' (My weekends are Wednesday thru Friday/Saturday). And its bugging the hell out of me. Haven't shot anything for about 8 months and I'm getting itchy.
I'm having a similar problem just in California(only pistol ranges near me). Been maybe 6 months since I fired a pistol, over 2 years since I've been able to shoot my shotguns and I've never shot my SU-16CA.

HusaneFatal

Mar 19, 2008
My computer that I built myself still need to get a better graphics card but I'm procrastinating till Diablo 3 comes out (my 2 NVIDIA GeForce 8500's are working fine for now but they are 6 years old). The case is an Antec 900 with blue LEDs and my power supply also has blue LEDs so it's black and blue, which are my 2 favorite colors.

Also my Yu Yu Hakusho complete dvd box set wasn't cheap but was well worth it as that was the first anime that I really got into.

My bumper sticker that says: "I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my ass." I find it to be awesome and hilarious.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
StrixMaxima said:
1928 copy of Weird Tales magazine, in which 'The Call of Cthulhu', by H.P.Lovecraft, was first published. I don't even keep it home; it is in my bank's vault system.
That is so badass, how much is that worth in a dollar amount? Obviously, it's worth so much more.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Palademon said:
Limited numbered remastered edition of Gundam Wing on DVD.

Hard to find when it first came out, but amazon had it, so I bought it. Since then the only place I've seen sell it, sold it only from private sellers at 600% the price I paid.
I will trade you my soul for that, that's not even a joke.

OT: A vintage perfect condition bowler hat from the Victorian period.