Think waaaay back, what was your favorite educational game?

Daestar

Jul 11, 2010
Age of Mythology. That's right, I actually learned who Perseus, Jason, Medusa, and all that, and all that are from reading the little unit histories included. Educational Real Time Strategy.....and meteors....

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego is where it was at. At least for us old dudes anyway.
yes yes! I remember playing Where in The World is Carmon Sandiego in 2nd and 3rd grade. Boy was that fun :)

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Legend of Zelda.

That was an educational game, right? It depicted the true story of the young adventurer named Link.

No?

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Mario is missing!

Played that as a young lad, long before the interwebs became as we know them today, long before the weegee meme popularized it.

It was actually a ok game, on pc at least. And as a child you really don't dispute that a koopa is carrying king kong in his bag.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
Only one I really remember was that quiz-maze thing that came with Britanica or whatever that yearly encylopedia before Wikipedia existed was. That was pretty fun.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Putt Putt Goes To The Moon, I loved that game I don't know how many times I played through it...

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
howies treehouse it pretty much made my childhood my father got a pirated copy of the language one and we later bought the math ones

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Oregon Trail counts as we played it in 4th grade, I'd load up on Whiskey and ammo and hunt everything I could. But I never made it to the Pacific...

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
I played a bunch, but I can't remember any of their names. One was about a thief fighting a scientist who looked like Dr. Wily. Another was a basic game (coloring, math, reading, spelling) starring a frog and an angry Scottish fly.

Kalabrikan

Jun 10, 2010
Logical Journey of the Zoombinis and Oregon Trail II for gameplay. Oh, and the Math Blasters were pretty good. Then there was the Yobi's Spelling Tricks series that nobody seems to remember.

The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body traumatized the crap out of me when I was five. There isn't a whole lot of gameplay or educational value, but as a scary horror experience it functions very well.