Thinks you think you are too optimistic/pessimistic about

drednoahl

Nov 23, 2011
I like to think of myself as pragmatic. Optimism, pessimism and cynicism are things born from personal experience imo. For example I've bought games from company X and they all sucked/were awesome and my behaviour adapts accordingly.

I'm too optimistic when it comes to women I want as a sexual partner however, and I tend to be extremely pessimistic once I'm involved with a woman I want. I'm also pessimistic about what I think the effects of religion on politics is going to be. Regardless of the flavour, I don't see anything positive about religion at all.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I'm far too optimistic about most things. I feel like i'm quite a lucky person and things always turn out decently for me in general. I'm pessimistic about how I can't draw even though I would like to and I have no particular talent in any field except maybe being slightly funny?

I mean I would like to be able to draw just so I could draw a perfect piece of Grisaia fanart of Best Girl Michiru. Just one piece, it doesn't even have to be a big one.

In terms of media, I view everything with a bright eye of optimism. Like people will ***** about how static the art is in a few scenes in an anime or how this entire field of entertainment sucks a fat one (Visual Novel threads anyone?) but i'm always willing to enjoy everything. I can ***** about how I dislike some things only because i've tried in every way possible to like it, failed and have come up with why I couldn't after some serious thought. Some people here already know that I will defend my position on Persona 3 FES being held back by its Shit Tier protagonist til the end of time.

My sense of empathy towards others is sky high (yet I get really anxious in public and I don't make friends easily, the fuck this this?) but it's more of a hindrance than a help sometimes. I had to drop a job in nursing after 2 months max because I was so worked up over it it made me physically sick. I couldn't do the detachment from patients thing, thank god nobody died on me, I would have quit the day after that happened i'm sure.

I dunno why but hypothetically speaking, I feel like if I ever get into the scenario where a girlfriend tells me she cheated on me I would not even react much. Kinda like "but you say you regret it and you're sorry? Yeah ok, we can move on with this relationship easy mode" people say that's really hard to do.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
I'm definitely too optimistic about The Force Awakens, especially after how crappy the prequels were. I said to myself that I would never fall to the hype again, but I liked the teaser trailer and the fact that George Lucas is far from this and that I enjoyed the new Star Trek movies makes me really hopeful of getting a decent movie.

I'm constantly feeling extremely pessimistic and suddenly very optimistic about videogames. Overall I dislike the way this industry works, but every now and then there's something that suprises and makes me feel hopeful about it.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic about the film and game industries - anything mid-budget for either one is being pushed out for the high-risk suicidal gambles or cheap garbage meant for cashing in on launch day then disappearing. And as much as I legitimately love some of the "legacy" projects (Marvel, Nintendo, etc), we're increasingly losing the creative spark of originality all of these things sprung from. I have no problem believing one or both industries are heading towards a crash in my lifetime. I just wonder what's going to happen afterwards - a new renaissance reminiscent of the era that birthed Coppala/Scorsese/Miyamoto?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Probably a little too optimistic about Bloodborne and Persona 5. Ah screw it, the hype train has no brakes.

I'm probably a little too pessimistic about my overall viewpoint on the human race. I've been suffering an overload on bullshit the last few months and seeing people acting with complete disregard for their fellows. It's made me...bitter.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
I think I'm optimistic about games in general. New Assassin's Creed? Sure, bring it on. Zombie game? Can't have enough. Dead Space is too shooty? Still fun. Borderlands is too looty? I love looting. Two-gun limit in BioShock? That's all I need. Dead Island is awful? But I like first-person melee combat. And so on.
*Cough*[sup][sub]casual[/sub][/sup]*cough*

vid87 said:
I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic about the film and game industries - anything mid-budget for either one is being pushed out for the high-risk suicidal gambles or cheap garbage meant for cashing in on launch day then disappearing. And as much as I legitimately love some of the "legacy" projects (Marvel, Nintendo, etc), we're increasingly losing the creative spark of originality all of these things sprung from. I have no problem believing one or both industries are heading towards a crash in my lifetime. I just wonder what's going to happen afterwards - a new renaissance reminiscent of the era that birthed Coppala/Scorsese/Miyamoto?
I agree with this. Especially in the big-budget movie industry, I feel like that original ideas and standalone movies are less and less common. It all seems to be sequels and movies trying to emulate another successful movie. Of course there are exceptions, but this is the general feeling I get when looking at the cinema lineup.

EDIT:
I am pessimistic about the future of the European Union. It's just not working out, and countries which normally would not profit from joining the EU are bullied into joining by the european parliament by the means of high import and export taxes to EU countries.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
I'm always too pessimistic about the outfits I pick and the way I look before I go out of the house. It's not unusual for me to get a bunch of compliments I didn't expect.

I'm always too optimistic about how much time and resources a project of any description will take me. Good examples are the 10 hours I put into my polished granite tower home in Minecraft and it's only half done and has used 10 times the amount of granite I thought I'd need. The other is keeping up with all the Gundam Build Fighters model kits. I only have two thirds of the first season ones, and a few from the second season. Only have about 6 of them built. Never thought it would take me more than 5 hours to construct a 1/144th scale High Grade Gundam model kit.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Pinkamena said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I think I'm optimistic about games in general. New Assassin's Creed? Sure, bring it on. Zombie game? Can't have enough. Dead Space is too shooty? Still fun. Borderlands is too looty? I love looting. Two-gun limit in BioShock? That's all I need. Dead Island is awful? But I like first-person melee combat. And so on.
*Cough*[sup][sub]casual[/sub][/sup]*cough*
Yes, my cheery disposition has single-handedly toppled industries.