This Game Isn't Hard Enough...

xPrometheusx

Aug 9, 2011
fezgod said:
For Farcry 3, I turned the detection meter, hit indicator, aim assist and crosshairs off. Makes the game a more challenging experience when you actually have to look for enemies, instead of relying on the detection meter, etc.
Thanks for the suggestion! Know what I'm doing this evening! I'm already halfway through the "jungle playthrough" as I'm calling it (no buying anything... except maybe that one nice scope for the recurve bow) and this will definitely make it more challenging.

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
Metro 2033 on Ranger Hardcore. I think it's because I played it so much with more and more constraints but... I have completed that game (on Ranger Hardcore (and killing everyone)) using ONLY THROWING KNIVES! (apart from the sections with the amoebas, because that's not possible) I do think I have problems... But it was fun, and that's what's important :D (also, only using a Bastard Gun is kind of fun too). Other than that, can't think of one right now =/

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Jimmy T. Malice said:
Playing through Dark Souls without using a shield.

OH THE PAIN
I've played through the game slvl 1 (NEVER AGAIN), dual wielded, and even used the Calamity Ring you get from the DLC, so "No Shields" is child's play.
Heres a good one, formally known as... The Dark Souls Mewocenaries Challenge:

Before you beat NG and go into NG+, you must join the Forest Hunters. Once you go begin NG+ you must beat the entire game and kill every boss (DLC as well) with the Cat Covenant Ring on at all times unless you are invading, being invaded, or fighting a boss. Dying during an invasion or just dying in your own world will result in you having to go back to the bonfire so you must kill the host you invade/area boss in order to advance with out being sent back, invading and killing a forest host being the hardest of the two.
Dark Souls veterans know what I mean when I say......... forest gankers.

GOOD. LUCK.

Autofire2

Apr 19, 2013
Nice Xcell. Seraphim17 is doing a Dark Souls run right now on his youtube channel where he goes SL1, no shield, no bow, no damage (he restarts from checkpoint if he take damage)and a few other ridiculous restrictions. It's pretty awesome.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
IronMit said:
Deus ex: HR

Super passive thief playthrough; Don't touch anyone...no non-lethal takedowns, no tranq, no stun gun, no gas grenade or stun grenade (unless you're fighting bosses). No using radar (cover the radar with a piece of paper if you have to).

if that's too easy; add Only level 2 hacking
For extra fun, don't allow yourself to do any of the cheap, easy kills on the bosses.

GildaTheGriffin

Jul 4, 2012
krugerrand123 said:
Beating either fallout 3 or New Vegas with no companions, no armor, and using only bare fists.
That's fucking impossible. Deathclaws would one hit you and Enclave would turn you to ash before you reach them.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
MrHide-Patten said:
Play any game... with your eyes closed. Relying souly on sound, the ultimate hard mode/ventures in game design for the visually impaired.
that's pretty much what I did in World of warcraft during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion playing raids as a mutilate rogue.

mutilate -> envenom, repeat. No, you don't need to move, many of the bosses were tank and spank.