This Game Needs a Remake/Re-Release

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Psychonoughts..Im dissapointed that it doesnt seem to be on the playstation store

also is the PS3 backwards compatible?

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
The original PS3 was backwards compatible. I think that all PS3s that are not slim are backwards compatible but don't take my word for it, I'm not quite sure. I just know that the first ones they released were. I'd like to think they took out the backwards compatibility of the PS3 to make it slim because the drive that reads PS2/PS1 games took up space but sadly thats probably not true :/. I'm sure they just decided to remove that capability with the hopes that there was still some minute amount of money still to be made on the PS2 market. Anyway this isn't a rant thread so I won't rant haha.

But long story short the original fat PS3 is backwards compatible, and I think all models of that are, however none of the PS3 slim models are, and as far as I know there is no way to make them backwards compatible.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SeeIn2D said:
Vault101 said:
The original PS3 was backwards compatible. I think that all PS3s that are not slim are backwards compatible but don't take my word for it, I'm not quite sure. I just know that the first ones they released were. I'd like to think they took out the backwards compatibility of the PS3 to make it slim because the drive that reads PS2/PS1 games took up space but sadly thats probably not true :/. I'm sure they just decided to remove that capability with the hopes that there was still some minute amount of money still to be made on the PS2 market. Anyway this isn't a rant thread so I won't rant haha.

But long story short the original fat PS3 is backwards compatible, and I think all models of that are, however none of the PS3 slim models are, and as far as I know there is no way to make them backwards compatible.
ah...I happen to own a PS3 slim (though it didnt seem very "slim" when I took it out of the box) eh no problem I guess...alot of good games are getting HD releases anyway

thanks for the info

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
As Chrono Trigger already has a DS re-release, Secret of Mana and/or Illusion of Gaia. I miss my childhood :(

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Revolution -X- said:
Veldt Falsetto said:
Revolution -X- said:
In this topic we post titles of old games that (in our opinion) need to be re-released. Classic favorites that just kinda died off in the last decade or so that we never see anymore. I'll start us off I guess with Grim Fandango. Please, Tim Schafer, have the game remade for XBox Live Arcade and Steam or something, I miss the film-noir adventure game that we never see anymore (The closest thing I could find to this was Hotel Dusk: Room 215 on the DS).
Just thought I'd let you know, Hotel Dusk has a sequel called The Last Window, if you already know sorry for wasting your time.

OT: Snatcher needs a re-release cause a lot of people haven't played that game. And I think that what with Deus Ex: Human Revolution being a prequel, I think Deus Ex and Invisible War should get HD remakes
Oh? First I've heard of that! I'm looking into that now!
It was released in Japan and EU only so if you're american or canadian or something else then you may have a hard time finding it.

Point and Click is far from dead though, Ace Attorney is an amazing comedy detective/lawyer series that I'd wholeheartedly recommend, if you enjoy Hotel Dusk you may enjoy Cing's other game Another Code (I can't remember what it's called in US), it's a little short but it's still a good game. Not to mention that the Sam and Max games are still going strong, they have two games on xbox and one on ps3.

I'd even stretch to say Heavy Rain is a part of the same genre...only evolved for a new generation. If you're into that stuff you can get some great use from your DS

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Madcat75 said:
I know it is supposed to be in the process of being remade but Mechwarrior and Mechcommander.
Completely in agreement with this. I'm a big fan of the Mechwarrior/Battletech games and story universe. (not the "I own everything related to it ever" kind. just the grew up with it kind.) I loved the MechWarrior games. Hell, MechWarrior2 was the primary thing that got me into PC gaming. I even still play MechCommander 2 once in a while, so seeing a remake of that would be pretty amazing too.

However, I fear the MechWarrior reboot project may have died. Which is a shame. The ideas and game-play concepts the developer had in mind sounded fantastic.

Aug 19, 2010
The Broken Sword series should get remakes, they were great point and click adventure games, and we aren't seen any of those these days. (the ones made for wii and ds don't count)

Alcookie

Jun 22, 2009
Revolution -X- said:
I'll start us off I guess with Grim Fandango. Please, Tim Schafer, have the game remade for XBox Live Arcade and Steam or something, I miss the film-noir adventure game that we never see anymore.

You, Sir, are quite possibly one of the greatest human beings ever. Everytime I mention GF or any other Tim Schafer game to a friend I get a blank look and a metal gear solid style "?" above their head.

Grim Fandango would definitly be top of my list. The first two Abe games. A HD psychonauts. A new rise of nations game would be welcomed with open arms (and I mean RON not that pile of crap ROL)

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy.

That was my first x-box live game, I spent countless hours playing it.

Oh that game was so amazing, I can't even describe it. If they made a new version of that game I would put a preorder on the most expensive version available the day a preorder is possible.

Also, I can't believe no one else mentioned KOTOR, the best star wars RPG ever created. (and no, TOR doesn't count)

anANGRYkangaroo said:
DJDarque said:
Also Legend of Dragoon, or even better, a sequel!
This. Legend of fucking Dragoon was the best FF style RPG ever
I totally agree ^^ Legend of Dragoon was the best turn-based RPG I've ever played, and probably the best one ever made.