"This game STILL isn't out yet?!!?!?!??"

Treeberry

Nov 27, 2013
I know how you feel. I keep seeing these deluded fools talk about how amazing Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Rune Factory 4 are. I guess they couldn't take the suspense anymore and cracked.

The annoying part is that I bought my 2DS (don't judge me!) based on the fact that release dates were available at the time.

Years ago I read in a magazine - it also featured the 'upcoming' game Stolen for a frame of reference - about a game where you'd play as a gangster with a central feature being whether you'd rule with fear or respect. Sometimes I wonder about what happened though it probably would have been terrible...

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
OK, I know this is a question that has an obvious answer, especially with the history of the franchise, but I still wish to make the statement regardless:

Can we get MegaMan off the goddamn moon, already?!?!?!

weaselswizel

Mar 23, 2014
Vault101 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fuck Destiny, I want my Last Guardian! I've been waiting to hear something about that game. I don't care if they're crafting the game using pixie dust and unicorn farts because I want info, dammit!

I just want to know how hard I will cry at the end! D:
I think its vapourwear at this point.....wasn't it suposed to come out for the PS3?

also in regards to destiny..its funny that we seem to not know much about the game except ITS THE BIGGEST THING EVAR!!! thats how you let hype do the work for you
also u can make people hyped if u let them know u invested half a billion budget on the game as it turns out :)

these games probably arent have been in development much time but im gonna say their name anyway:
mass effect 4 is one of my most anticipated games,that me 3 left me craving for more
next elder scroll - the mmo doesnt seems that great and i wish to spend more time in morrowmind,as this world is fascinating

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
weaselswizel said:
mass effect 4 is one of my most anticipated games,that me 3 left me craving for more
it left me craving for more too

for BLOOD 0_0

..I'm not looking forward to ME4 whatever the hell it turns out to be...I don't want to open up that old wound but at the same time I'm not sure I'll be able to ignore it

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
The next Final Fantasy.

The next Metal Gear Solid (no, Ground Zeroes doesn't count).

I don't care when you read this. 2014, 2019, 2024. These truths will always be self-evident.

MrBaskerville said:
ShinyCharizard said:
Final Fantasy XV.

It was announced in 2006. At the start of the 7th generation. 8 years on and a whole new generation later and we still have no release date.

What the fuck Square Enix?
And apparently they are still struggling to finnish it: http://www.examiner.com/article/final-fantasy-xv-release-date-discussed-by-game-director-for-ps4-and-xbox-one
The project has apparently been running wild for ages.
I get the feeling that this one is also going to be a real fuck up. I don't know, I mean, I liked FFXIII, I really like FFXIII-2, but something about Lightning Returns broke me. I played about 12 hours and I can't bring myself to finish the trilogy, and I'm no longer excited by Final Fantasy coming out.

They really need a tight hand on the back of their necks to get their shit sorted.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Vault101 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fuck Destiny, I want my Last Guardian! I've been waiting to hear something about that game. I don't care if they're crafting the game using pixie dust and unicorn farts because I want info, dammit!

I just want to know how hard I will cry at the end! D:
I think its vapourwear at this point.....wasn't it suposed to come out for the PS3?
I think they've said as much, but who knows.

The last I heard was that they're still working on it and the director was pulled onto another project, and was consulting the existing team.
Adding to this, at the tail end of last gen they said that they were "shelving it" and planning for a PS4 release. Not to add to the hype train. At this point I ignore it's existence and hope to be pleasantly surprised in the future.

Destiny does seem like it would be out by now. I don't really care about it personally, but am getting tired of hearing about it in marketing. Titanfall has already been released so I can stop hearing about that one but for some reason I thought the two would be released relatively close together. September is a ways away. Seems like it is going to have a 2 year marketing hype.

Malk_Kontent

Mar 19, 2008
Hell, I waited 15+ YEARS for a certain sequel! NOT Duke Nukem Forever, but Tesla Effect! In the case of the newest Tex Murphy Adventure, it was WELL WORTH the wait! Since I still haven't bothered getting the current-gen consoles, Destiny's release is kinda abstract for me. But I'm ALSO waiting for games like Half-Life 3, Fallout 4 (after seeing ESO, I'm not really waiting for Fallout: Online), and a DECENT Duke Nukem sequel!

And how about a Shenmue reboot? I guess they COULD just make Shenmue 3, but it would be best to start over, if we could get somebody to revisit that franchise.

weaselswizel

Mar 23, 2014
Vault101 said:
weaselswizel said:
it left me craving for more too

for BLOOD 0_0

..I'm not looking forward to ME4 whatever the hell it turns out to be...I don't want to open up that old wound but at the same time I'm not sure I'll be able to ignore it
agreed,the build up for me 3 trilogy ending was poorly executed
but lets hope in the foreseeable future they would make me 4 ending meaningful with real variants paths,and not that half assed ending with lazy writing

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Lilani said:
Stop right there, criminal scum! You can't inb4 in the OP!

Furthermore, the only game to which this thread's title legitimately applies right now is The Last Guardian.

The wait for Destiny everything else has been a trifle by comparison.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Apparently I thought that I'd be hearing cries of Final Fantasy and the Last Guardian.

Let it be that I'm not surprised. I really want Last Guardian as well. Loved Shadow of the Colossus, want some more by those developers.

seris

Oct 14, 2013
My 70 year old grandfather has been waiting for the new mass effect and halo for about a year

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Dragon Age: Inquisition. Of course, part of the reason for that is that BioWare actually made it through 2013 without having to release it. I'm not saying that's bad, though. The last thing BioWare needed was to be rushed again, and now it seems like they actually have a reasonable amount of time to make the game they want to make and the fans will want to play.

Michael Legault

Feb 27, 2013
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
OK, I know this is a question that has an obvious answer, especially with the history of the franchise, but I still wish to make the statement regardless:

Can we get MegaMan off the goddamn moon, already?!?!?!
Half the reason I got a 3DS on launch was for promises of MegaMan Legends 3... He is in the lineup for MegaMan's final smash though, so maybe not all hope is lost! They should just let Nintendo develop it in house, it's not like Capcom hasn't helped make Zelda games before.

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
TheKasp said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV

May I point towards the EU release date. I was once interested in this game. Thought about checking out the series. Well...
A million times this. I was really looking forward to this game, read the reviews, earmarked it as a purchase and then...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...

Guess what? Yup! Still waiting. The thing is I've waited so long I don't think I'm going to buy it now just out of principle.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Agreed with most of the ones on here. Plus how 'bout mechwarrior tactics? Some famous youtubers did a promotional showmatch for it 10 months ago and it looked not too far from finished. Yet to this day the release date is "when it's finished." Not that offensive I suppose, but things get significantly more dodgy if you consider "beta" access has been for sale for between 20 and 120$ for months now. Supposedly some kind of company takeover has something to do with it, but that's anything but a sign that it'll be fine in the end. Incidentally the exact same story goes for firefall, but at least that's open beta.

In general though, premature hype is really becoming a pet peeve of mine. I can see the why of it all, but it's annoying all the same. So please developers, can we at least agree on this: no firing up the hype train until you at least have a proper release date!

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
For me it's Rainbow Six: Patriots. I remember seeing stuff on it like four or five years ago and the damn thing still isn't out.