This Guy is the BEST Game Analyst No One's heard of

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
ThereIsNoSanta said:
It's cool to see other people who have played these awesome games. I'd love to see those reviews. Have you played Nocturne? I really think you'd love that one in particular. It tackles really interesting themes about ethically controlling the world's fate. And it's just a good game for masochists. Like you :D
It is, and I have. Never beaten it, but love it. It's been such a damn long time since I played it, but I think I'll give it another crack at some point. I really enjoyed it, but it was very hard.

Have you played IV? Is it any good?

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Well, he had me at using OFF music in an Undertale vid.

Yeah but seriously, I love this guy - oh hey, I've already subscribed! I'm a badass.

I still can't really get into Undertale but I'm not one to shy away from good reasons and input about why it's beloved.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
Gundam GP01 said:
Overusedname said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:
It's cool to see other people who have played these awesome games. I'd love to see those reviews. Have you played Nocturne? I really think you'd love that one in particular. It tackles really interesting themes about ethically controlling the world's fate. And it's just a good game for masochists. Like you :D
It is, and I have. Never beaten it, but love it. It's been such a damn long time since I played it, but I think I'll give it another crack at some point. I really enjoyed it, but it was very hard.

It's been my only foray into the mainline SMT stuff apart from Persona and I never beat it, but from what I played, yeah, it's pretty good.
I'll have to pick it up at some point then. It's probably pretty cheap now. I wish I could record handheld games though.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
Gundam GP01 said:
Overusedname said:
Gundam GP01 said:
Overusedname said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:

It's been my only foray into the mainline SMT stuff apart from Persona and I never beat it, but from what I played, yeah, it's pretty good.
I'll have to pick it up at some point then. It's probably pretty cheap now. I wish I could record handheld games though.
Well, there are ways, but I'm not sure how cost effective they'd be for a channel your size.
Yeah, we're a ways off from stuff like that. But maybe some day. :D The shows making some money, but not quite there yet.

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
Overusedname said:
IndignantMole said:
Overusedname said:
I love me some persona, especially 4. And you're right, a lot of people don't know much about them, so it would be nice to cover. I'll try to tackle both 3 and 4 at one point, and shin megami tensei in general. Underrated as hell.
Persona 4 is the best! My fav RPG ever. Can't wait for that one :D
Damn straight it is. Honestly I just want more people to know these games exist. Very few popular videos about them as far as I can tell. I'll add persona to the ever growing list, haha.
Awesome! Glad to here it. Good luck man, I'm glad your show is catching on.

I was still just barely one of your first 10,000 subs, so I'm still an old school hipster right?

SomethingWorse

Sep 10, 2012
Spider RedNight said:

Yeah but seriously, I love this guy - oh hey, I've already subscribed! I'm a badass.

I still can't really get into Undertale but I'm not one to shy away from good reasons and input about why it's beloved.
I've got mixed feeling on Undertale at this point. It's cool, but a little overexposed for such a short game with no sequel or major updates. Sometimes I do let a fanbase ruin a good thing for me, it's tough to avoid sometimes.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
IndignantMole said:
I was still just barely one of your first 10,000 subs, so I'm still an old school hipster right?
Whatever makes you feel hip with the coolkidz~
SomethingWorse said:
Spider RedNight said:

I've got mixed feeling on Undertale at this point. It's cool, but a little overexposed for such a short game with no sequel or major updates. Sometimes I do let a fanbase ruin a good thing for me, it's tough to avoid sometimes.
You gotta just acknowledge a work for what it is, and the fanbase as a seperate thing. Unless it's online multiplayer of course, that's the one exception.

I think it's sad how often people get scared off because of a few obsessive fans...but I can see why people get weirded out.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Was pretty skeptical at first, and now I've been watching for about 2 days. Very impressed by the Twilight Princess series, I gotta play that one again.

Dunno about "BEST Game Analyst" though... Nothing is quite on par with Matthewmatosis' 6 and a half hour video on Dark Souls 1.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Chaosian said:
Was pretty skeptical at first, and now I've been watching for about 2 days. Very impressed by the Twilight Princess series, I gotta play that one again.

Dunno about "BEST Game Analyst" though... Nothing is quite on par with Matthewmatosis' 6 and a half hour video on Dark Souls 1.
I love me some Matosis, but...there's something to be said for being concise, and that's sort of his one downside. I think there are some things that are kind of innocuous in his videos that he spends like 30 minutes on. And EmceeProphIt makes fairly long videos in comparison to his peers, and he still never repeats himself.

But that's a difference of taste, and I can appreciate that. I just straight up can't listen to a dry 6 hour analysis.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
ThereIsNoSanta said:
Chaosian said:

I love me some Matosis, but...there's something to be said for being concise, and that's sort of his one downside. I think there are some things that are kind of innocuous in his videos that he spends like 30 minutes on. And EmceeProphIt makes fairly long videos in comparison to his peers, and he still never repeats himself.

But that's a difference of taste, and I can appreciate that. I just straight up can't listen to a dry 6 hour analysis.
Hahah, very well said. There is definitely something to be said about drawing a quick conclusion at the end of your piece, and EmceeProphIt can certainly do that well.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
I'll check the channel out tomorrow, but someone's got to be ridiculously good to trump George Weidman/Super Bunnyhop [https://www.youtube.com/user/bunnyhopshow/videos].

...though a quick look at the full video line-up of Emcee reveals a narrow range of subject matter, and nothing - bar perhaps a couple of uploads - I'm interested in. That's fine for those who are, but surely 'best game analyst' needs to be a much broader in scope and content?

Bunnyhop does feature/editorial pieces, but also a wide range of reviews from indies to triple-A's. He also does some pretty decent interviews, and has popped up on Reuters podcasts recently.

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
Darth Rosenberg said:
I'll check the channel out tomorrow, but someone's got to be ridiculously good to trump George Weidman/Super Bunnyhop [https://www.youtube.com/user/bunnyhopshow/videos].

...though a quick look at the full video line-up of Emcee reveals a narrow range of subject matter, and nothing - bar perhaps a couple of uploads - I'm interested in. That's fine for those who are, but surely 'best game analyst' needs to be a much broader in scope and content?

Bunnyhop does feature/editorial pieces, but also a wide range of reviews from indies to triple-A's. He also does some pretty decent interviews, and has popped up on Reuters podcasts recently.
Hm...Doesn't he have roughly 20 times the exposure of Emcee? And has been doing it longer? I feel like that's a pretty big factor in terms of what they can cover. someone with 10k subs isn't gonna land an interview. Or be able to buy every new release.

I enjoy Superbunnyhop, but a balance of quick comedy and actual analysis like this new kid on the block is kinda refreshing. So I'm just here Imagining what Emcee could do if he had half the support and budget of the big guys. And I hope he will. I hope to help one day, and I never thought I'd say that about a content creator. :D

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
He's not bad, but I'm more of a Super Bunnyhop man myself.

MatthewMatosis [https://www.youtube.com/user/Matthewmatosis] is also really good, but rarely ever uploads. He has also has a SIX HOUR Dark Souls analysis video so I guess that's fair enough. There's also a guy named Derek Alexander who operates the channel Stop Skeletons From Fighting [https://www.youtube.com/user/lophatjello] with his friends and his content is equally as entertaining.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Thank you so much for sharing this guy. I'll never look at Twilight Princess the same way again.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Overusedname said:
Hey! A friend of mine just linked me to this. I'm Emcee. We talked before in the User Reviews. And this is really kind of you. I just want you to know I appreciate, and appreciate everyone here giving my pretentious crap a fair shot. Got quite a few new subs today, and good feedback, so thank you :)
As one of those new subs, I gotta say, I am jealous of your facial hair. That's all really.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
That's a great analysis of Undertale.

Personally I haven't finished the game as I really find the gameplay a DRAG. I'm still battling on, but I've not touched it in months and I'm at around 4 hours in.

But his vid really made some top points.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Danbo Jambo said:
That's a great analysis of Undertale.

Personally I haven't finished the game as I really find the gameplay a DRAG. I'm still battling on, but I've not touched it in months and I'm at around 4 hours in.

But his vid really made some top points.
I know what you mean, and a lot of my friends are in a similar boat. Bullet Hell isn't exactly for everyone. Is it difficult or just boring, may I ask? Cuz there is some gear that makes it easier.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
ThereIsNoSanta said:
I know what you mean, and a lot of my friends are in a similar boat. Bullet Hell isn't exactly for everyone. Is it difficult or just boring, may I ask? Cuz there is some gear that makes it easier.
I just struggled with it all round. The charm, magic, originality & "genius" of the game isn't lost o me; and I think it's a great, fresh & clever appraoch to gaming.

But it just bored me, and I found myself constantly desperate to reach the next save point so I could quit. I think the core gameplay mechanic is horrid tbh (I've no controller and have to use keys, so maybe that doesn't help?), but I also feel detatched from the game for some reason. It feels more like watching a film than being part of an RPG, and I'm not sure why? Maybe the lack of levelling-up & in game "rewards" has something to do with it?