This illogical MW2 hate has got to stop

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/modernwarfare2?q=modern%20warfare

A user score of 13%???!?

This has just gone too far and is now officially harming PC gaming, not directly due to what Activision or IW are doing but because of what the PC gaming community is doing acting like this.

Look, I get it, but all the problems I have ever heard about Modern Warfare 2 on PC is that it *doesn't add* to *Certain Aspects* of the console version.

But failure to add more should not count as something against it. I still think that no one can deny that if you want to get MW2 at all... you are better off getting it on PC... yet why is it being marked down so much lower than the console versions?

I know it doesn't live up to PC standard but come on guys, gaming is universal and so should be held to a universal standard.

I put it to the forums that it is illogical to score the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 at a LOWER level than the console version just because a few aspects are merely "Not better".

You still get:
-mouse aim
-fully mappable controls
-1080p+ resolution & maximum Anti-aliasing while still 60fps (on even basic PC hardware)
-Free online multiplayer

It should be obvious to everyone that MW2 is better on PC than either console, surely it should be rated higher than the console version.

I still want dedicated servers, lean and the console commands back but that doesn't mean we as PC gamers should over-react and create this obviously wrong impression that the PC version is somehow inferior to the console version... when it simply *could* have been better.

(with all hope it will be better if IW sees sense and releases a "PC enthusiast" version)

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
What needs to stop is threads like these.

People can hate or like whatever they want. Your bitching about it wont change that.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I've said it before, the PC elitists are just being babies because their game isn't any better than the console version. Therefore they feel the need to whine as they're so used to being able to brag about their versions of games being better. Now that we're on equal terms, they can't handle it and spaz out.

I support IW for this really.

I'm saying this to the hateful trolls that marked down the PC version for not being "better" not all PC gamers as a whole.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
GamingAwesome1 said:
I've said it before, the PC elitists are just being babies because their game isn't any better than the console version. Therefore they feel the need to whine as they're so used to being able to brag about their versions of games being better. Now that we're on equal terms, they can't handle it and spaz out.

I'm saying this to the hateful trolls that marked down the PC version for not being "better" not all PC gamers as a whole.
But then why are they dumbing down the PC version? why not just improve the console version?

Trotgar

Sep 13, 2009
Yes, it's idiotic to review it 1 or something just because they made the internet play worse.

The single player is probably good 'n all and the multiplayer can be ok too.

Even though I really hate it how 90% of people at the internet complained and yet they didn't give a shit.

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
But its not being compared to the console versions, its being compared to other PC games, which is how the low scoring can be justified (though that low score is more than likley the result of the game getting "spore'd")

Dilla

Jan 21, 2009
I think this is a great post, I personally am a console gamer, but can totally agree with what you saying. I like the universal gaming message.

Good to see a positive and sensible MW2 PC related post!

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
TelHybrid said:
GamingAwesome1 said:

But then why are they dumbing down the PC version? why not just improve the console version?
You got me. But this is just my explanation as to why the PC version has such a low user score.

Samirat

May 22, 2008
PC users expect a different experience in their games. Perhaps they have higher expectations. If a game doesn't meet those expectations, they dislike it. I fail to see where the problem is.

Maybe PC users expect to be able to play on LAN, or expect to be able to host a dedicated server that they can use as they wish. Maybe getting lag when you're playing with someone right next to you is just not their cup of tea. Maybe they like to have the option to choose what server to play on, instead of having it chosen for them.

Just maybe.

If they're unsatisfied with what the game offers, they're going to mark it down, it's as simple as that. I don't see why you feel you can complain about that.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Treblaine said:
This has just gone too far and is now officially harming PC gaming
... Too easy...

Treblaine said:
You still get:
-mouse aim
-fully mappable controls
-1080p+ resolution & maximum Anti-aliasing while still 60fps (on even basic PC hardware)
-Free online multiplayer
Well, we get a mouse... and technically, we still have to pay for internet... we just don't have to pay for some stupid service like Live... Would you like to live in a dictator controlled state? You still get food and a house. And you know, there is still transportation, oh, and it is still free to talk to people...

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Treblaine said:
-snip the wall-
Yes, it's a user score. Therefore it's PC gamers themselves who gave it that overall score. The only thing here is that you think your opinion is much more correct than theirs.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
LEAVE MODREN WARFARE ALONE!!! LEAVE HER ALONE WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ok, seriously, who cares? Have you been to game stop lately? This game is selling out across the entire freaking world so it's not like some pc players whining is going to suddenly halt the sales. Besides, the game does have issues, at least in single player and general design, not even counting the hooting dickheads on line.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I thought everybody was over-reacting at first too. Then I heard that they made it so the game can't be modded.

Now, I wasn't planning on getting this game in the first place (just not into MFPSs and I've tried a good share of them) but even if I was, no mods would change my mind immediately.

And while pc software is usually cheaper than the console equivalent, that doesn't seem to be the case with mw2.

Apr 24, 2008
Furburt said:
It's not illogical! Imagine if a PC developer tried to foist PC problems on consoles?

Treblaine said:
You still get:
-mouse aim
-fully mappable controls
-Free online multiplayer
version)
Yeah, like EVERY OTHER PC GAME IN THE WORLD.

I'm not buying it myself, it shows the start of a bad trend. I'm buying Left 4 Dead 2, a good PC and console game that is good on both.
Agreed. There are still a ridiculous amount of people playing CSS on dedicated servers, 5 years after it's release. Hell, my little brother has his own dedicated server for his clan activities. These things are standard on PC shooters. Their absence suggests that it's all about the money, not about creating a long lasting community.