"This is gonna suck" gaming moments

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
When gaming through either design or your own stupidity have you come to a situation within the game which you just knew was going to suck.

One of mine is while searching for my dad in Fallout 3 I wondered into the middle of a quarry full of raiders by mistake. Upon realising what I had done I ran behind a wall in the corner of said quarry. Getting out of that situation was a right barrel of laughs.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Chrono Trigger, which I started playing only recently.

Lucca: "Hey Chrono! Try my new teleporter!"

Me: "OH GOD! No! NO! Not a teleporter! Oh great, I'm gonna step on this thing, it's gonna send me straight to ZEN, there'll be headcrabs all over the damn place and I'm gonna spend the WHOLE DAMN GAME trying to clean them up!"

Chrono: *steps in* *teleports successfully*

Me: "Hot damn! No headcrabs!"

Marle: *steps in* "Weeeeeeeee--heywait--" *ZAP!*

Me: "... what was that?"

Marle: "Ohcrap! Now I'm thinking with portaaaaaaaaals--*bing*"

Me: "... Headcrabs."

*goes in after her, finds self in the past*

Me: "Well, this place doesn't look so ba--AGH! *gets surrounded by blue goblins* GARLIC JUNIOR! No! Now I've got to put up with a whole SAGA of filler before I can deal with the FRIGGING HEAD-CRABS!"

... And so on.

Yeah, this game just keeps TRAUMATIZING me every time I pick up the DS. By the time I encounter the GIANT SPACE-FLEA known as Lavos I'm sure I'm going to have night-terrors for weeks.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I was playing mercs 2 and going after one of the pirate HVTs. He was in a very secluded jungle outpost, and I flew in all guns blazing with a hind. I realized all too late that it was an allied outpost, my closest friends in the game, and ended up shelling out a hefty bribe to get them friendly again.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Dwarf Fortress. Everytime you start building defences a bit too late (or get a bit too megalomaniac about it, never having the time to actually finish the damn thing) and that goblin attack comes. Double the feeling when you realize you forgot to set the orders correctly and your entire force, mainly archers, merrily runs right in the middle of the enemy to recover bodies, ammo, or whatever.
"Knew I should have built that wall sooner..." *Abandon Fortress*

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
When I connect to a TF2 server intending to play engineer and all I hear are soldiers, demos, explosions and maybe the odd spy.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Fallout 3, fast travel in DC, only to be met by a swarm of super mutant masters.

oooooooh shit.

Deathkingo

Aug 10, 2009
I was playing Death Toll on L4D, and I was at the finale, when all my group members had the audacity to die. Jerks. I fought my way until the boat came, and right as I got on the docks, a hunter came and snatched away all our hopes of leaving.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Moments where you have to survive despite key features of the gameplay being eliminated for plot convenience.

Examples include X-Men Origins Wolverine when Logan suddenly loses his healing powers & Prototype when Alex can no longer use his shapeshifting abilities.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
MW2...Soon as i started playing some of those missions and see what i had to face i was just thinking. Crap i'm going to die so many times doing this.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
After killing all the raiders and being low on ammo and health I decided to see what was behind door number 1. Out pops a Super Mutant Behemoth

Klopy

Nov 30, 2009
Random required encounter in Dragon Age: Origins where a woman runs over and told she was attacked and her caravan needs help. I followed hoping for a normal thief fight, but it turns out to be an ambush... and one of the evil main characters from a cut scene shows up with about 20 friends, all looking over and recognizing who i was. I died, and the game saved right at the fight, so i HAD to win to continue playing. All i could say was... This is gunna suck.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
The bonus level 'Museum' on MW2 it was truly an oh shit moment.

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
Dwarf Fortress as well, Having every dwarf currently busy with some project or another only to be hit by 4 consecutive Ambushes, with only 4 military dwarves. Not a good time.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
I can't believe I'm mentioning this piece of crap twice in one day, but in Megaman X7, right before Sigma theres a room with about 20 teleporters inside, now as soon as I encountered said room I got a bad feeling. I enetered one of the teleporters and saw the Flame Hyanard arena and my feelings were confirmed:
I was going to have to fight ALL OF THE BOSSES AGAIN.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Also, when you enter the first room in the Deep Sea Research Center in FFVIII.

A step inside, screen blurs.

"Encounter on the first step... Argh."

Beat the monster, exit battle screen and begin to explore the room by taking a step... And another random encounter.

"Two encounters in a row? How unlucky."

Beat the monster and finally get to explore the room... And when you step forward... Random encounter.

"..."
"...this will take a while."