"This is gonna suck" gaming moments

jestertheork

Sep 1, 2009
went to play modern warfare 2, thats about it. story mode too hard, online is filled with mindraped racial slurr flailing children, i couldn't enjoy a second of it without something retarded occuring, so, everytime i smiled at something good, i though, this is gonna suck... again. not to try to offend you, i just prefer a ballanced online, a campain that focuses on gameplay just as much as the cinematics, and an online match where i won't get hit by a nuke to hear children in the background calling the victor a n****r

Nov 28, 2007
I'm sure we've all been here. Running into a room on COD4, knowing from past experience that the room has 5 guys with machine guns in it, and this time, you have one too! Run in, aim, press the right trigger...*CLICK*. "...Mommy..." *BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM* "GAME OVER."

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Callisto49 said:
L4Y Duke said:
Halo: ODST. Firefight mode.

"Tough Luck and Catch: ON!"
I'd have to say that's not quite as bad as "Tilt:ON" or "Tough Luck, Catch, and Black Eye:ON"
Well, given that I've yet to get past "Tough Luck and Catch: ON"...

DomEReapeR

Nov 25, 2009
I think i've mentioned this in a thread before, but i was walking around with the wrench in bioshock, and i went around a corner and BANG! There was a big daddy, i got so scared that i accidentally hit him in the face with the wrench.

Ooooooh shit...

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
mew4ever23 said:
When I connect to a TF2 server intending to play engineer and all I hear are soldiers, demos, explosions and maybe the odd spy.
Yeah, that's a definite "Aw, shit" way to enter a game isn't it?

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Mass Effect final boss fight.
It's the big bad, and when I finally get him down, I just know he is going to get up again.
Everyone is like, "wow, that was a bad scrap" and "glad we don't need to do that again"...and I know the big bad is going to get up again. So, naturally, it does and now I have to punch its lights out a second time. * sigh *

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
MW2, most of the levels at at least 1 point had moments when I thought something along the lines of "well isn't that just bloody fucking super," with emphasis on the P for no reason.
Case in point, I was soloing a Spec-Ops mission, the one in the plane graveyard. After getting the intel and picking off all dudes in sight in the saftey of the hull I jumped down and was swarmed by 3 juggernaughts, each that can withstand 5 .50 caliber anti-tank rounds to face and still smile as they shred you in two. During the hectic engagement a 4th one showed up. Needless to say, that entire mission was a bloody fucking super moment (as is most Spec-Ops missions not involving gunships or snowmobiles).

T3h Merc

Dec 24, 2008
Fighting the Spaniard in AC2.

Ezio: GOD DAMNIT! Die already!

Spaniard: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
MatParker116 said:
Sepiroth and Ruby Weapon pissed me off no end
When I was underwater and I said "Wow what is that cool robot thing?" after not saving for hours.

He did his AOE attack and all my people were dead.

Ruby Weapon was cake once I had ribbons.

All Seeing Abra said:
In Fallout 3, having four Deathclaws notice you at the same time.
Ever gone down a ladder and turned into a Deathclaw?

The only reason I didn't shit my pants was because I was running on E. There was some serious attempts at release but I couldn't manage it.

What got me is I swore I didn't see any. I think Dogmeat dragged it to me.

Zeromaeus said:
When I turned on I Wanna Be the Guy...
That really sucks...

Also the first time you play FFXII and you attack teh dinosaur...
'Cuz everyone attacks it the first time...
Fear is instilled...
I attacked it in FF8.

Never again.

Something almost Pokemon about meeting it in FF8. It is in the forest RIGHT OUTSIDE THE BEGINNING TOWN :p.

So you are out there leveling easy peezy. Then you get this encounter with a rare dog (For those of you who remember that party kudos)...THEN BAM THE MOFO EATS ONE OF YOU.

Oh you try to run...

But there is no running...

In this world they are all raptors and we are all Samuel L. Jackson

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
I remember on L4D on No Mercy (I think?) when I got to the gas station:

[Me]: 'Kay guys I'm gonna try and hit the switch for the scissorlift...
[Other player]: Look out Cryst I'm gunna blow up the gas station!
[Me]: Wait Gunhouse I'm gonna get out so you can-

BAM.

Also, on the next level in an open area of sorts:

[Me]: Boomer!
[Blaz0r]: I'mma kill that sunzabitch!
[Me] Wait-

BAM.

The Boomer got the achievement for getting all 4 survivors. Then the horde music played.

Dopi

Dec 1, 2009
Fighting Seymour for the last time in FFX. I was on too low level for it, really. So I got by butt ganked a couple of houndreds of times. *sigh*

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
sasquatch99 said:
Rezfon said:
in ffx when i was told by a friend that to get everything for tidus's best weapon I need to get something from a box in yunalesca's room after going up the stairs 3 times. I wasn't quite prepared for what took her place ><
Isn't that Dark Bahumut?
If so, that's been added to my list of "This is gonna suck..." moments to come.
yeah it was. Other moments included running into dark magus sisters along mushroom rock road and also going to see how hard dark anima was going to be.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Rezfon said:
sasquatch99 said:
Rezfon said:
in ffx when i was told by a friend that to get everything for tidus's best weapon I need to get something from a box in yunalesca's room after going up the stairs 3 times. I wasn't quite prepared for what took her place ><
Isn't that Dark Bahumut?
If so, that's been added to my list of "This is gonna suck..." moments to come.
yeah it was. Other moments included running into dark magus sisters along mushroom rock road and also going to see how hard dark anima was going to be.
Well, that sounds like good fun.
I'll be sure to go and try that out. There is a part of me that demands that I must mentally torture myself for about 2 hours a day trying to find a decent place to go grinding.
Do you have any suggestions as to where I can do this?

FalconOne

Jul 21, 2009
Mistermixmaster said:
I Wanna be the guy... 'nuff said
I would just like to point out a particular move in IWBTG in which you attempt a double-jump, but it only goes up as high as a regular jump and then you fall down into the spikes.

It happens to me quite a bit, let me tell you.

And I'm particularly not looking forward to this bit:

rane0

Nov 9, 2009
Most of mine come from Dead Space. I would be fighting one enemy, then turn to leave.... and theres 4 Blade Arms or something like that.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-