Thoughts on a "pick-up" line. And share some of yours.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
Are you a police officer because you have "fine" written all over you.

And here's a real oldie: are you from Tennessee because you're the only ten I see.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
"If you were a booger, I'd rearrange the alphabet so that you fell from heaven."

Cookies to whoever knows what it's from :3

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Heh. See, pickup lines actually do work, but only if they are funny (and also potentially flattering, but they have to be funny mostly). Honestly, they give you the opportunity to segue into an actual conversation, usually by following up with a "No, seriously, what brings you here tonight?" and then you can feel out what the target's interests are and start a lasting conversation.

But you gotta make them laugh, first.

The best results I ever got from a pickup line was to go up to the bar and order a white russian, turn to the woman, and say "...You may not like me now, but I'm drinking milk..." and then take a big 'ol swig of the drink while she laughed. Maybe follow up with a joke about a milk-mustache.

I doubt it'd work now, because they stopped plastering the advertising campaign all over the TV and magazines, so the target wouldn't understand it.

But you see the premise: make 'em laugh, and if you can use something topical, well, you're more likely to be successful. It shows you have a brain.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
"Baby, if you were a booger, I'd pick you first."

Haven't tried it, but I imagine it wouldn't work.

Stuntkid

Cyberdemon
Oct 6, 2010
SilverUchiha said:
I can only think of one pick-up line that is used more for comic effect than to actually get a date:

"You wanna see my penis?.... Oh... wait. That was the punchline. Well, I'll stop beating around the bush, you wanna go out?"

Worst case scenario, she calls the cops. Best case scenario... Um... ???... Profit?
could be worse
<youtube=watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8>

SKIP TO
0:12

EDIT: wha? something is wrong with the video player or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
They're stupid and cheesy, and don't really work.

But hey, they're awesome anyway.

As for examples...

"Hey, baby. Are you an astronaut, cause I want to explain Ur-anus."

brucelee13245

Oct 25, 2009
Only applies if you drive a pick-up truck (ha pick-up, get it?)

AHEM...."Baby i got a 6 foot bed that doesn't need made" *smile* *twinkle twinkle*

MeSomeGuy

Aug 10, 2009
"is that a dead rabbit in your mouth, because your a fox."

Believe it or not I have seen this line work.

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
maddawg IAJI said:
BlueGlowstick said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BlueGlowstick said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BlindTom said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BlindTom said:
P.S Monkfish uses the forums entirely for the purpose of feeding his weird persecution complex and/or will troll you to death if you attempt to discuss any sexuality other than his own little fad :)
You do realize that you're essentially trolling yourself no? You're posting a post meant to get a reaction. Please, don't insult other users.
It's not an insult so much as a warning. A while back he bated me into asking about his "thing" only to go apeshit on me like I was being insensitive for asking basic questions about something. I'd hate to see a repeat of that in this thread because I'm getting the impression he gets off on it a bit.
Well it comes off as an insult. Especially the Persecution complex bit. If you haven't noticed yet, I do happen to be friends with the guy and I've yet to see him go off on anyone ever. In fact, he tends to be the calmer one out of all of us. Sorry, your description of him does not match what I have seen from him personally.
take this to the gaming threads, or start a fight thread. I don't want to see y'all get probation in my thread. :)
We probably won't. I am sorry about dragging this into your thread though.
I just want to make sure y'all don't get in trouble. :)
Well thank you caring. =) But trust me, I don't think we'll be punished for a small debate like that. Besides, I've never been a big trouble maker on the site. I haven't even received a warning before. I doubt they would jump to anything major.
I'm a Hatfield. So erring on the side of caution is something I HAVE to do :/