THQ Reveals Metro 2034 - In 3D!

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Good news, except for the 3D part which is a waste of money that could be spent better, in my opinion.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I still haven't tried 2033, but perhaps I'll give it a try once 2034 is released.

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Charcharo said:
Stranger of Sorts said:
I never new Metro 2034 existed, does anyone know if it's any good? The book that is.
It was a very good book. Almost as good as metro 2033 ( if it was longer...) BUT its not in English yet, we here in Bulgaria got it early and with a very good translation. I didnt know that the English one for METRO 2033 was that bad. The Bulgarian one is almost perfect.
Okay thanks, I just finished Metro 2033 last week and I'm still on a high from how great it was.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
So... wait... you mean the book had a sequel also? Huh.

If not... this won't bode well, methinks.
The funny thing is, the book's sequel isn't even in english yet.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wow, already? Well I guss everyone jumping onto the band wagon...

I did like the game, but, I hardlty see how 3D will improve it dramatically...

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
Metro 2033 is already Nvidia certified for Stereoscopic 3d on 3dvision. Looks incredible :) So I guess I'm a little confused about what they mean by a 3d version?

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Charcharo said:
NLS said:
I still haven't tried 2033, but perhaps I'll give it a try once 2034 is released.
You probably wont understand Metro 2034 without reading or playing metro 2033
Thus why I'll wait for 2034 to come out, so I can play through 2033 and then 2034 in one run :)

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
shadow741 said:
Mr. Grey said:
So... wait... you mean the book had a sequel also? Huh.

If not... this won't bode well, methinks.
The funny thing is, the book's sequel isn't even in english yet.
So long as there is a source material they can work with, I'm sure they'll do fine to fantastic. It's usually when anyone doesn't have a source material to work with they hit a few brick walls. Hard.

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
TheScarecrow said:
Ugh, I just don't like this 3d gaming idea.
3D? I'm wating for holograms.

Metro 2033 was a flat-out amazing game. Sure, it had issues (the now famous shotgun impotence being my biggest gripe), but Metro 2033 had a character unlike any contemprary shooter. The game world had a sense of dreary despair, and every shot you fired hung in the air like a note of defiance. The pacing was incredible - I don't believe I've had such a well-coordinated thrill ride since Half-Life 2 or Call of Duty 4.

Logan Westbrook needs to get off his console FPS staples and play some PC-specific shooters (such as Stalker) to round out his gaming experience.

As for Metro 2034, I'm snapping it up the moment it hits Steam.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Furburt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
One more thing:

Didn't the Escapist review tear it to shreds, though? I think it was a 2/5.
Yeah, but that was Logan Westbrook. Maybe Andy loved it?

I know I did!

OP: YAAAAAAAAAY

The first one is vying with Mass Effect 2 for my game of the year, so I'm definitely picking this one up. Doubt I'll be using the 3D, but I know if it's anywhere near as good as the first, it's a getter.

I think we should really start looking towards the east for PC gaming goodness.

Good old Ukraine.

EDIT: DLC? WANT. WANT NOW.
hey, my mom and dad said I could get the THQ pack today if I help them with yard work and stuff tomorrow. YAY I will be able to play Metro 2033... and other games... I am going to be really bussy...

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Jacob.pederson said:
Metro 2033 is already Nvidia certified for Stereoscopic 3d on 3dvision. Looks incredible :) So I guess I'm a little confused about what they mean by a 3d version?
Maybe that it will be in 3D on the PS3? That's all I can imagine they were going for - the original article Andy links to doesn't make a ton of sense.

TheScarecrow said:
I don't know if I'll like it on consoles in my living room, but I recently set up my PC for 3D gaming using nVidia's 3D Vision tech, and it's pretty damn amazing to see in action. It's not an easy sell though, since there's absolutely no way to take video of it that people without a 3D setup can watch, so whether or not it can take off is another matter entirely.

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
dryg said:
Stalker is not really mainstream and the ones who do review it usually don't like it.. Though a CoP review would be nice.
Ehh... Both Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat got good Metascores (82 and 80, respectively. Clear Sky got a 75). And, hey, Eurogamer reviewed it well. From Jim Rossignol, no less (Well, then again, he has been a supporter of Stalker sinc SoC).

BTW, the only real reviewer on the Escapist is Yahtzee. For solid mainstream reviews, I frequent Game Informer and Eurogamer. I used to go to Gamespot as well, but the reviewers there lost my respect after they started heaping plaudits on Killzone 2.

TheScarecrow

Jul 27, 2009
Virgil said:
TheScarecrow said:
I don't know if I'll like it on consoles in my living room, but I recently set up my PC for 3D gaming using nVidia's 3D Vision tech, and it's pretty damn amazing to see in action. It's not an easy sell though, since there's absolutely no way to take video of it that people without a 3D setup can watch, so whether or not it can take off is another matter entirely.
I dunno man. I didn't really like 3D cinema all that much and I also have so many games to work through anyway.