THQ Reveals Metro 2034 - In 3D!

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
What made 2033 for me was the story and the atmosphere. I never trade in games, but i toyed with trading in that one because i knew i'd never play it again having learnt the story. The game itself is only secondary to what i thought was a brilliant premise.

Im glad a sequel is being made and i'll pick it up because i enjoyed the first one so much.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
if they polish it up, maybe make it sandbox, it would
DEFINITELY
make it to my playlist
Noooooooo!

I thought the linearity was the strongest point of the game. It allowed the story to develop at an appropriate pace, the action moved along smoothly and quickly, and I wasn't stuck aimlessly wandering around wondering what to do.

I thought Metro 2033 was a very enjoyable, interesting, and unique game. I hope the sequel's just as good, if not better then the first one.

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
Did they say... Ranger mode? If it's anything close to a free-roam mode I will be buying.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Furburt said:
Korten12 said:
hey, my mom and dad said I could get the THQ pack today if I help them with yard work and stuff tomorrow. YAY I will be able to play Metro 2033... and other games... I am going to be really bussy...
Have fun! Tell me how it is!
It is great. I have found it alot of fun, the graphics are good, the gameplay is good, story is good. overall so far it is a very nice game. :)

but for some reason steam says I have only been playing for 16 minutes though I am sure I have been playing for a couple of hours. Also I added you as a friend on steam so accept please. :)

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I'm really glad that so many others enjoyed Metro 2033 on here as well. And its great to hear that Metro 2034 is actually going to be released. To hear that this game was cheap to make is...interesting. It didn't seem like they skimped out on anything in that game. Everything was perfect in my opinion. I loved every single bit of it. The atmosphere was phenomenal in it.

I might play it again when this dlc comes out. I was planning on writing a review on it, but seeing that you all enjoyed it already makes me think a review is not needed.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
DannibalG36 said:
3D? I'm wating for holograms.
I don't believe I've had such a well-coordinated thrill ride since Half-Life 2 or Call of Duty 4.
That's what 2033s single player experience is on par with. Amazing, but unrecognized.

TheScarecrow said:
Ugh, I just don't like this 3d gaming idea.
I'm on the fence about it right now because they don't have the technology down yet because you still have to wear glasses, but I think it is exciting as I'm doing 3D animation and such in college. It's only good for some PC gaming right now though because of relitivly cheap monitors and high end graphics cards. But home theaters aren't ready, no matter what they say. But this is how technology is pushed forward. Five years ago, how many people actually had an HDTV? Then the 360 and PS3 come out as prices for them drop, and BOOM, everyone has one. It will be the same for 3D. The next gen of consoles is going to be full HD3D, and you won't have to wear glasses. PCs push it, consoles make it wide spread, and perfection of technology makes it common place.

THEN we move onto holograms!

OT: Did anyone actually HATE this game besides that (expletive) reviewer??

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Blimey said:
The Cheezy One said:
if they polish it up, maybe make it sandbox, it would
DEFINITELY
make it to my playlist
Noooooooo!

I thought the linearity was the strongest point of the game. It allowed the story to develop at an appropriate pace, the action moved along smoothly and quickly, and I wasn't stuck aimlessly wandering around wondering what to do.

I thought Metro 2033 was a very enjoyable, interesting, and unique game. I hope the sequel's just as good, if not better then the first one.
the linearity was good, but i dont think you spent long enough at each station to get the feel for it. maybe make it linear, but at each station b ale to take some side missions, that will cost you in terms of health/ammo, but change the ending/get you more ilitary bullets

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
May be cheap for them to make, but they sure as hell don't pass the savings on to us. It's fucking $80 US on steam.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Blimey said:
The Cheezy One said:
Noooooooo!

That's what my first thought was! but then I was to tired to think why free-roam would be bad, Then i saw this and realized, Metro 2033 isn't just a game. It's an EXPERIENCE, a Journey Taking you from point A to B via the scenic route. One of the best things in the whole game was the Atmosphere, this is one of the few games where I flicked off my lights, shut the curtains, stuck a toothpick in my mouth and turned my headphone bass to Max(It's cool, you can Literally FEEL the anomaly's :D ). The way the main character was done worked really well, being faceless enough to get into the role, yet him being his own character, I swear if I somehow had a child to name in the next however-long, I would call him Artyom.
Other points
- Side missions: Ehhhhh na. Total atmosphere ruin-er to be running for your life through a tunnel lit only by flickering lights while being chased by mutants, you barely make it into the station when the guard says to you: "I need 3 nosalis pelts"
- The ending: Some didn't like it. I did. it felt like the end of a book in a trilogy. The Task has been accomplished, our heroes sigh with relief, yet they do know that the story is not yet finished.
- Ive finished the game 3 times in the past week and a half and I'm starting it again, its just so awesome!

PEOPLE OF THE METRO! WE HAVE AWAITED YOUR ARRIVAL! WE ARE THOSE WHO ARE CALLED THE INVISIBLE WATCHERS. YOUR TIME HAS COME. AND NOW YOU WILL FEEL OUR WRATH- Ulman, stop screwing with the keyboard.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I liked Metro 2033.

It had flaws left right and centre but somehow they just didn't matter. The good stuff more then made up for it.

So here's hoping that the sequel keeps the good and ditches the bad.

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
Virgil said:
I don't know if I'll like it on consoles in my living room, but I recently set up my PC for 3D gaming using nVidia's 3D Vision tech, and it's pretty damn amazing to see in action. It's not an easy sell though, since there's absolutely no way to take video of it that people without a 3D setup can watch, so whether or not it can take off is another matter entirely.
That's not entirely true. You can capture 3d video with FRAPS, post it to youtube in a number of formats, and it can then be enjoyed with a 5$ pair of red/blue glasses.

Example: (have to actually go to youtube to get the red/blue version)

TheScarecrow

Jul 27, 2009
CORRODED SIN said:
I'm on the fence about it right now because they don't have the technology down yet because you still have to wear glasses, but I think it is exciting as I'm doing 3D animation and such in college. It's only good for some PC gaming right now though because of relitivly cheap monitors and high end graphics cards. But home theaters aren't ready, no matter what they say. But this is how technology is pushed forward. Five years ago, how many people actually had an HDTV? Then the 360 and PS3 come out as prices for them drop, and BOOM, everyone has one. It will be the same for 3D. The next gen of consoles is going to be full HD3D, and you won't have to wear glasses. PCs push it, consoles make it wide spread, and perfection of technology makes it common place.

Frankly I'm not big into the whole HDTV thing and I find it really annoying that the big television companies like Sky etc. are trying to push it on us. I also don't believe blu-ray can really be all that much better. They're just gimmicks to make more money and to be honest I thought things were fine the way they were before HD became so important and they started to bring in 3D as well.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
TheScarecrow said:
CORRODED SIN said:

Frankly I'm not big into the whole HDTV thing and I find it really annoying that the big television companies like Sky etc. are trying to push it on us. I also don't believe blu-ray can really be all that much better. They're just gimmicks to make more money and to be honest I thought things were fine the way they were before HD became so important and they started to bring in 3D as well.
I agree with the Blu-Ray point. Most movies look creepy after being upscaled, then there's movies like Avatar that look amazing. Sports as well look great in HD, especially racing. I don't think HD is being forced, but phased in. They don't make CRTs anymore because technology for HDTVs has dropped in price. If you think about it, HD is the biggest improvement in TV since color. I'm still on the fence about 3D for movies. All of this is great for games though, and that's what it's really about.