THQ Sales Are "Even Worse Than Feared"

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Yeah, well, fuck THQ.

Assholes keep closing entire studios and laying off for no damn good reason. I fucking hope they make a loss. Maybe that will convince them not to go further down that road.
No good reason? You must have missed the part in the article where it says they have been losing money and making shitty games.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
putowtin said:
theultimateend said:
putowtin said:
You get mediocre reviews if your games are mediocre (or as me grandad would say, shit breeds shit)
How horrifying would this be?

If feces split like bacteria and created more feces? A tidal wave of exponentially growing turd beasts would flood the planet in a week.

Good lord...your grandad must have loved traumatizing you as a child.

"I want to tell you youngin', everyone you meet is carrying a knife and they love carving children."
oh stories like that were saved till christmas and birthdays!
I feel for you. I will be haunted by this for a while, but on the sidenote he sounds like a cool dude.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I can't be the only one that thinks this is karma for inventing the concept that would come to known as "project $10," can I? I really hope that comes back to bite every company that employed it on the ass, either through sales or, failing that, a class action lawsuit for violating the right of first sale -- whether it violates it on its face or not, they are /so/ violating the first sale doctrine in practice.
But with every game having a $10 pass, there should be less used sales?
You mean those $10 passes didn't solve all their financial problems?
They might sell more if they don't insult their customers.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
He was (gone a few years now) but I have a whiskey every christmas in memory of his amazing stories!

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Saints Row was both fantastic and high grossing.

Expect a sudden decline into yearly releases followed by the head honchos at Volition getting the sack over an unspecified lawsuit and the rights being handed over to a company with a very vague blueprint and decide to just make the same game again.

And again.

And again.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
I saw one of those at walmart for the wii.. I was thinking "wow! another lame Wii product". It appears I was wrong on one account. Lame, but not only for the Wii... :)

Overall... sheesh.. who were the intended audience for this contraption?

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I find it slightly humorous that they had to put an exception for Saints Row because it is just that amazing. Hopefully they will be able to find another good series to back up to fill in some of their losses.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
And I didn't like Saints Row the Third or Space Marine all that much. THQ has been doing some good work in recent years, and it would be a shame to see them suddenly plunge into obscurity (again).

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
uDraw? That thing doesn't look like it's worth owning. My girlfriend, who is an artist, would not even want something like that. There are way better tablets for drawing and my girlfriend has one that has lots of features and lots of ways she can put her creativity into it. This thing seems pretty crappy to me.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I can't be the only one that thinks this is karma for inventing the concept that would come to known as "project $10," can I? I really hope that comes back to bite every company that employed it on the ass, either through sales or, failing that, a class action lawsuit for violating the right of first sale -- whether it violates it on its face or not, they are /so/ violating the first sale doctrine in practice.
You aren't the only one, my friend. I did a little dance when I read this, I admit.

OT: It's THQ. I feel no pity for them.

Jabbawocky

Sep 3, 2008
AzrealMaximillion said:
Orcboyphil said:
Dear THQ

If your noticing a decline in sales for your properties on the PC in the UK, that's because your idiots and you don't release your games on Steam. There have been a few of your properties I was going to but this year but decided not too because you didn't put them on Steam with the preorder the bonuses that you did with the rest of the world. Once you do I MAY reconsider.

Yours

a former Customer.
Is it just the UK Steam that doesn't get Steam games? It has to be because I know for a fact that a good portion of what they've released that isn't WWE Wrestling or UFC is on Steam in North America
No I just had a look they released most of their recent non-console exclusive games to steam. I see Saints Row 3 and Space Marine.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Orcboyphil said:
Dear THQ

If your noticing a decline in sales for your properties on the PC in the UK, that's because your idiots and you don't release your games on Steam. There have been a few of your properties I was going to but this year but decided not too because you didn't put them on Steam with the preorder the bonuses that you did with the rest of the world. Once you do I MAY reconsider.

Yours

a former Customer.
Wait, they dont release games on steam in the UK? In the US pretty much every pc game they release is wrapped in steam.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Seventh Actuality said:
The what? I have literally never heard of this thing before.
Mimic'd. And I'd feel bad for them if they had properties other than Saint's Row the Third worth playing at the moment. Though, as great as Saints was, looking up and continually seeing $2 single costumes and guns is hardly encouraging.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Crazy thought, why would you make a tablet soley for a console when if you made it for PC so kids could create art and save it and learn to use a PC. Something that could help them in a job market or to learn more than just gaming.

As someone who does use a tablet I can say early experience really helps with picking it up quicker and becoming better at digital art.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Eh, never like hearing about business doing poorly, though I also literally never heard of this thing. Sounds like some bad marketing.

Really though, I just hope my still beloved Relic isn't hurt by all this.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Yopaz said:
Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.
You just won the thread...

Seriously, i was going to comment about the topic, but after reading the first comment there is no reason to.

Bravo sir or madame, bravo.