Three Dog Teases Fallout 4

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Three Dog Teases Fallout 4

Voice actor Erik Todd Dellums says the world may not have seen the end of the wasteland's favorite DJ.

He's your friendly neighborhood disc jockey! What's a disc? Hell if he knows, but there's a chance he's going to keep talking anyway in Fallout 4, or whatever the next release in Bethesda's hit post-nuclear RPG series ends up being called.

"To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!" he recently wrote on Twitter. Giving a touch of official-sounding heft to the pronouncement, he added, "How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed."

I won't pretend that it's even slightly surprising that a new addition to a popular, multi-million-selling videogame franchise is in the works, but the potential presence of Three Dog certainly is. It's not hard to understand why Bethesda would want him involved - Three Dog was one of the highlights of Fallout 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Game-The-Year-Edition-Xbox/dp/B001REZLY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357747337&sr=8-1&keywords=Fallout+3] - but getting him in there in a way that doesn't come across as horrible awkward and contrived will be quite a trick.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/ETDellums/status/288757510406557697]

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/ETDellums]

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
I killed him because I could not stand his voice anymore.

Not like Bethesda ports player choice over anyway.

zaziuma

Sep 19, 2010
I just jizzed my undies, first new Pokémon on my birthday, and now a possible new Fallout? Plese let this be true! And don't you dare mess this one up, keep the streak going of great games!

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
I knew that there would be a Fallout Four but I hope that it doesn't take place exclusively in DC again. Maybe on the East Coast as a whole...

Anyways, it will be awesome to see how they will tweak the game since the lesson learned from Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Good to hear they skipped NV and went for what look like a Fallout 3 "sequel"

Fallout 3 was totally mind-blowingly amazing. NV was like the mutated half-creature of that binary.

Lookin' foward to it.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I desperately hope this is more East Coast lunacy. Maybe New York, or even Toronto or Anchorage. I'd LOVE to see a Fallout set in a cold climate. New story, huge history, new kind of hardcore mode.

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
tmande2nd said:

Not like Bethesda ports player choice over anyway.
On the bright side, you could probably kill him again.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I still think that his radio station has been boosted to all over America then just DC, why? Of course it's because of the Lone Wonderer, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do all the work and already in command of the Brotherhood of steel.

Still... I look forward for Fallout 4 because I is going to look like Skyrim (For the graphics) but a little better.
Also because of (hopefully) all the new stuff it will bring. :D

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
but getting him in there in a way that doesn't come across as horrible awkward and contrived will be quite a trick.
Well they didn't accomplish that in Fallout 3, so I wouldn't expect them to be able to do it in the sequel.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
So, he teases a game everyone knew would be coming and Bethesta basically comfired to be planned at the release of New Vegas (for it not being Fallout 4) and Skyrim (it being the reason F4 isn't in development yet)?
CALL THE NEWS!
Honestly, that is as surprising as someone saying "water is wet". That Three Dog is back IS a surprise, however.

Me55enger said:
Good to hear they skipped NV and went for what look like a Fallout 3 "sequel"
Welcome to 2010.

Sansha said:
I desperately hope this is more East Coast lunacy. Maybe New York, or even Toronto or Anchorage.
As in "Operation: Anchorage"? As in the DLC for Fallout 3 (which was okay, even too arcade-y for my taste)?

viggih7

Mar 31, 2009
hewhosaysfish said:
tmande2nd said:
Cuftbert put a live grenade in 3-Dog's pants and blew his legs off!
Ave! True to Cuftbert.

On a related note, am I the only one whose first thought was; Woohoo more Reginald Cuftbert!!!???

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Because three games ain't enough, and New Vegas was shit, this is Four Dog, Awooooo! And you're listening to sixty dollars flying out of your wallet and into Bethesda's!