Tim Langdell Responds to EA Trademark Petition

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
*cough cough*

You're not singing, you're not singing, you're not singing anymore...anymore...you're not singing anymore

If anyone needs that explaining, I'll be happy to do so later. :)
Heh, I got the slightly more obscure You'll neeeeeeeeeeever waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalk! NEVER WALK! You'll neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalk again! in my head, but the same rules apply :)

Go EA! You rule!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
come on EA, just pay somebody to off this guy, seriously.

seriously though, he is going to get crushed, and i'm happy for it

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Treblaine said:
Heart of Darkness said:
Treblaine said:
It's a fucking verb.

I'm gonna go trademark the number/word "2" and "Two". Good luck making sequels now.

Also, selling a couple shitty PC games from your website that no one buys, a business does not make.
You forgot to trademark the Roman numeral II, as well...which I just trademarked.

OT: Really, Langdell? Really? I've never even heard of those games, and I see "Edge" nowhere in their titles. How is this protecting your trademark, again?

I really hope EA wins this lawsuit. Now, please excuse me. I need to bleach my mouth.
Damn Romans!
Indeed. They had to have their own numbering system...
Oh, and I've also trademarked the use of any foreign translations of Tango Whiskey Oscar, including "dos," "deux," and "Tango Whiskey Oscar."

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Can't the people who own the Mirrorsoft brand threaten Langdell for making a game called Mirrors? Oh, the tangled webs we weave.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Jindrak said:
Congratulations on making EA the good guy, Langdell, I never thought it could be done.
now we just gotta watch for flaming rocks and Giant Hosemen falling from the sky.
im gonna watch and see what happens to Langdell and EA but, im close to just shutting the computer off and going to bed, never to get up again.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Alright, who can I invite over to a molotov cocktail party at Langdell's house?

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Jandau said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Dear me. I never thought I'd see the day where a grown man goes to such lengths to protect a word..............A MOTHERF*CKING WORD!!!
It's not so much "protecting" as it is "trying to claim ownership of a piece of english language"...
In that case I'd like to trademark the word "the". Anybody who says, writes, or thinks "the" will owe me $400.

Seriously though, I'm glad Tim's basically been hung out to dry by everybody and now he's got no protection against any company wishing to exact retribution on his douchebaggery.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
whaleswiththumbs said:
I bet his mother would be ashamed of how much an idiotic time waster he has been.
It all depends on what his mother is like. My mother would be proud of me if I was a success regardless of what I choose to do. Langdell has obviously been able to make a comfy living off of his acts up until now or else he wouldn't be doing it.

I'd be willing to bet his mother is only ashamed because of the stupid decisions he has made lately. He could still be doing this if he hadn't fought mobigames so defiantly just so he could get their monthly check in his mail. He might never have lost what little respect he had previously and he most certainly wouldn't have become an internationally hated celebrity if he had just dropped it before it got too heated.

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
Surely EA will be able to just buy the patents office with the sales from rock band beatles, seeya Tim.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Hmm, on one side, we have corporate giant EA, worth around $4 billion USD, employing around 7,900 people, and routinely putting out games that sell rather well (for arguments sake, quality isn't an issue here).

On the other side, we have EDGE Games, a privately traded company whom it is damn near impossible to find anything on and hasn't released an actual game since 1994.

EA had better win this. Hell, if we're lucky, maybe they can keep Langdell from trademarking anything ever again. The stupid fuck.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Malygris said:
Claims that the trademarks held by Edge aren't in use are also false, he added, pointing to games now available for sale at the J2ME [http://www.edgegames.com/edgestore.htm] versions of Bobby Bearing, Pengu and Battlepods. "Clearly, Edge has not abandoned its trademark and that allegation is obviously destined to fail," he said.
Oh, yes, how can we possibly dispute his claims over Racers (which is actually an unreleased game called Voltage with no relation to Edge Games - seriously, Gooogle it) Mythora (which Edge Games has never held publishing rights for) or a few remakes of decades-old games.

Christ. This just keeps getting more and more ludicrous. I'm honestly wondering if Tim Langdell isn't just some enormous prank that 4Chan came up with. Even if Mobigames never makes another penny in the industry, I'd still say that calling attention to this guy was a huge success in itself.