Titan AE

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
So, I just finished watching Titan AE on Teletoon, and I forgot how much I loved this movie.
Its a great representative of what can be achieved through western animation. The characters are likable, the voice work is great, and the visuals are beautiful.

I used to watch this as a kid, and I still love it.

Did anyone else here catch it? What did you think?

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I love that movie and some future reboot of treasure island, i forgot what that was called. Great movies full of that deeper meaning goodness.

SirNerd

May 3, 2010
Remember seeing it when i was younger and being scared, but i've seen in recently, and loved it to death.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I saw it too. I own it. Its... well... it made me cry and laugh and just express every emotion i could, which is good for an aged movie.

Also, i loved planet Bob.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
dmase said:
I love that movie and some future reboot of treasure island, i forgot what that was called. Great movies full of that deeper meaning goodness.
That's Treasure Planet, Disney's attempt to cash in on sci-fi.

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
I remember seeing it on the big screen back in the day. I liked it, defiantly beats the types of movies coming out in its category.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
The Austin said:
Wasn't that movie about space pirates?
Nope. It was about energy beings who nearly made humanity extinct, and assorted humans and aliens wrecking their shit.

...that's a horribly lousy paraphrasing, since the movie was a lot more complicated than that, but still. I loved it, too.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
dmase said:
You're thinking of Treasure Planet.

OT: I actually have it on DVD, I picked up when my Blockbuster was closing down. It's a pretty good movie.

Edit:Fucking Ninja

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
AjimboB said:
I watched it again a couple of years ago. Great movie, although I still scratch my head about how a sentient life form can be made of pure energy.
It's Don Bluth, what do you expect? It doesn't have to make sense, just be entertaining.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
AjimboB said:
I watched it again a couple of years ago. Great movie, although I still scratch my head about how a sentient life form can be made of pure energy.
It's Don Bluth, what do you expect? It doesn't have to make sense, just be entertaining.
I love his films. Did not realize it for years though that all these movies I loved was by the same guy though.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
I've got it on DVD, no commercials! =p I really enjoy it, otherwise I wouldn't've bought it. :p

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Haven't seen that movie in YEARS! Like, over a decade? It was good the first time, though. I'll keep it in mind as a re-watch for when I'm indecisive!

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
I saw it two times, when I was younger (about 8-10) and a year ago. I was quite surprised at how... mature it is, since I remember it being marketed as a "children-friendly" movie. Also, the romance and coming-of-age are well-presented.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Haven't seen it but I have a feeling I should see it sometime.

Is it as good or better than The Iron Giant?