Titanfall 2 Will Have a Singleplayer Campaign

Dalrien

Jun 14, 2014
RicoADF said:
Dalrien said:
I can't even begin to comprehend why tagging on an obligatory campaign to a mainly multiplayer experience somehow suddenly makes it a consideration for purchasing it.

*Roll eyes*
I can't even begin to comprehend why selling half a game for full price is somehow suddenly a consideration for purchasing it.

You have your values for games, others have theirs. I will not waste money on a game that is dead once the servers go down/players numbers drop off. I love Counter Strike Source, Unreal Tournament etc, all multi player games and all have bots and other single player offline options so I can still play them today if I feel like having a quick round. Even when the games are still new I prefer versing bots as I can't be assed to deal with people.
A multiplayer only game Is as much a "half game" as the new Wolfenstein Is a "half game". That the triple A industry has forsaken bots entirely Is a complaint you should bring up instead of proclaiming a game being "half" due to it's reliance on other people.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
"So we are doing our best to deliver a vision of grand global colonial warfare retelling the story of the American Revolution and the American Civil War in space," said Stern, giving us a little bit of a hint at what Titanfall 2's story would entail.

GIVE ME SPACE LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH.

I am completely on board with this: always wanted to play the original but I opted for a PS4. I may even take a look at the TV series if it doesn't end up with Syfy Channel grade special effects.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
ObsidianJones said:
The complaint is as follows, and of course it will be meaningless to you if you don't see it that way.

An overabundance of weapons does not automatically improve a game. Nor does a handful of weapons actually lend itself to role fulfillment, especially when not everyone will play the role the same.

TF2 is a perfect example in both extremes.

Back in my heyday in TF2 on the Xbox 360, there were certain classes I just wouldn't play because I never liked shotguns. Just didn't care for them. That closed the door for people like me who tend to gravitate to a certain weapon style.

When the first new weapons were released for TF2 on the PC, I was ecstatic. I could play the roles I want in a manner that fit me. Or at least didn't make me feel like Demoman number 435,679,101.

Now with the plethora of weapons... yeah, too much. I won't touch it.

An overabundance does not automatically improve the game, but neither does strapping someone in and saying 'This is all you get'. I'm the type of guy who likes experimenting and trying new things or working a thing from a different angle. Personally, I never the feeling that I could do that with Titanfall.
I mean, that's fair. I understood the gist of the complaint. It's just that I personally didn't see Titanfall's core gameplay being improved in anyway by the addition of an array of weapon variants. That's all.

It's a bit like the core design of the game being built around the 6 v 6 structure of the matches. They eventually added a larger player count option, but the mode in which it was used was dramatically different from the core gameplay and modes. I felt adding a large number of variant weapons would have done the same to the core gameplay.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Naldan said:
Thank you for the input. I was more talking about Titanfall 2 when saying "What's wrong with the devs." I know that it's extremely challenging, but what really puzzles me:

These campaigns are often, as far as I know, rather expensive to make. And need a lot of time. Is it really easier to build these instead of a useful AI? Since the maps have to be there anyway, because it's a multiplayer-focused game.
It comes down to two things:
1: Cost to produce.
2: Return on investment

With the complexity of the movement systems in Titanfall, and the logistics of all of the things a player has to keep in mind during any given moment of a match, I imagine it must be very difficult to create a convincing AI that can not only make use of these systems, but also do so both competently AND incompetently[footnote]The AI has to be good, but not TOO good, otherwise it will always win and frustrate the players.[/footnote]. This makes the process of building the AI system both difficult and expensive.

Which goes into point two. If they think there isn't enough demand for AI opponents, going through the cost and effort of building such a complex system isn't worth the investment.

I'm hoping point two isn't stopping them from including decent AI in Titanfall 2, but if it is missing I'll understand why. [sub]Will still be greatly disappointed, though.[/sub]

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Single player good, tv spin off? Ehhh....I have a feeling it's going to be absolute garbage...hope I'm wrong but again, history vindicates me

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
This alone is why I will get Titanfall 2. I really enjoyed the MP in the first but the game ran out of fuel quickly. If it's trying to compete in the same space as CoD it's going to need the same platter of goodies to hold up. I mean....Black Ops 3 has two single-player campaigns (main and nightmare), a parkour sim, the single and MP zombies campaigns, and of course the MP itself. Which also lets you play with bots offline and split screen.