Titanfall is the Most Fun FPS I've Played Since Team Fortress 2

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
daibakuha said:
lowkey_jotunn said:
Mostly because it's another digital storefront with another installer trying to scrape data for targeted ads and another set of username/password to deal with, when really, it's all very unnecessary. Imagine the real-world analog. Imagine if you could no longer buy (for example) Disney movies EXCEPT at a Disney store.

Even if there was a Disney store right across the street from whatever other store I frequent, it's a pain, it's unnecessary and it's honestly rather childish. Especially when (as is the case with EA) their products have been available elsewhere for years.

That's not to say that I have a problem with multiple storefronts existing. If EA wants to have their own store, fine. In fact I love that there's a bit of competition in the digital marketplace... but taking your biggest products out of the other stores in simply a dick move.

But maybe I'm just grumpy, Ubisoft's store/launcher is an even bigger POS than EAs (last I checked) and I picked up Far Cry 3 last steam sale without realizing it. That's probably the bigger crime, imo. Selling your game in one store (steam) but not letting the buyer play it without going through your own proprietary store.

I suppose Valve isn't exactly innocent here, I doubt DOTA2 or Half Life are available on Origins or UbiPlay (could be wrong) But valve has earn enough good karma in my eyes, and been on the receiving end of EA and Ubi's shenanigans that I'm willing to let it slide when they play a little tit for tat.
Actually what your doing is more like complaining about only being able buy a Walmart made shirt at Walmart. They only sell their stuff on Origin because it's their stuff and they have the right to do what they want with their own shit. Valve does the same shit and not one of you guys complain about that (even though lots did when Steam first came out).

It's not "childish", it's business. Origin is functional, has a pretty good refund policy and good download speeds, there's nothing wrong with it.
Oddly enough, if you actually read my post, I answered all of your questions/gripes already.

Walmart would have to FIRST be selling their shirts in other stores (like you could previously buy EA games on steam) and then pull them back because given the option, no one will visit Walmart stores just to buy Walmart stuff, when other stores are nicer, cleaner and have a much better range of product.

I also already pointed out that Valve isn't innocent, but has earned a lot more good faith. Maybe this is just me, but I've never felt that Steam was trying to pull a fast one, or mislead me as a customer. They've always supplied a great product at a fair price and given good customer support when needed.

Meanwhile EA has won "Worst Company in America" 2 years running

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

You say "it's not childish, it's business" as though the two are mutually exclusive.