To all Pokefans : Has anybody legitly caught them all?

TheMariner

Oct 20, 2009
I had them all for a while. Then Gold/Silver/Crystal came out and I kinda gave up. At 10, 150 was enough for me. I really didn't feel like catching 100 more when I was just beginning my Pokemon denial phase.

yohlazy

Jul 1, 2011
Yes I did in ruby (I also had sapphire) thought it was funny though I had like 300+ trades and there was only like 240 so I could have traded each one and a legendary was not what took me the longest to get the last thing i had to get was this ugly looking fish that evolved into an eel like thing that a gym leader also had

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Shakomaru said:
Isn't it impossible? There are at least three pokemon that have never gotten out of japan, and I don't even know if they can be gotten IN japan... I've never gotten close, because I'm too lazy, and I like doing Nuzlockes and shiny hunts
well all but three have been released at some point in the games since gen 3 the only three that still haven't been released are from the most current generation so there's still time

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Quite a few people have accomplished it.

They gained nothing for their endeavors.

All should learn from their wasted efforts.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
I legally caught all of them in blue, I attended an event that gave me access to mew for the full 151.

I had all of them in Gold too, but none of the events (mew/celebi).

After that I didn't care enough, I got close in Sapphire then nowhere near in my heartgold.

La Barata

Apr 13, 2010
I worked with a friend of mine back in the 90s to catch every single one on red and blue. (We were told it would make the SS Anne come back and let us catch Mew)

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
I legitimately collected all 150 Pokemon on my Red Version when I was but a lad.

The first person to mention 'Mew' gets their lips torn off.

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
I did this thread recently, no big deal though, and me and a friend caught them all in pokemon ruby. Third gen was my favorite, other than the original which wins the nostalgia by a landslide

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Pokemon Red: No, I was like 9 when I played this game, BUT I beat the Elite 4 and caught Mewtwo.
Pokemon Yellow: Yes, all 151.
Pokemon Silver: All 250 (except Celebi, he was a Japanese exclusive).
Pokemon Ruby: Only the 202 that appeared in R/S/E.
Pokemon Emerald: Same as Ruby.
Pokemon LeafGreen: Yes, all 386.
Pokemon Pearl: Only the Pokemon that appeared in D/P/Pl, some legendaries, and all the Fire and Dragon-types.
Pokemon SoulSilver: Only Gen 1 and 2 (251) and some extra legendaries found in this game.
Pokemon HeartGold: Same as SoulSilver.
Pokemon Black: Never finished the Pokedex because it sucked (which is why I got HeartGold).

Collecting all the Pokemon in the first 3 Gens was fun and challenging, but after Gen 4, I was like screw this, and just stuck to completing the regional Pokedex.
Not to mention that I would need to PERMANENTLY get rid of Pokemon from one version to fulfill the Pokedex in another version.

I'm pretty much done with this series, as Black & White were such letdowns. Some people say, "Well, Grey will be better." Honestly, the ONLY way the third installment could be better is if they throw away the whole Unova Pokedex and start over with 100+ good Pokemon.

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
I had caught them all for Soul Silver, worked bloody hard for it too. I had the dex completed before that by playing sapphire, then sapphire again because for whatever reason I didn't catch Kyogre the first time or something. Then FireRed, then Colosseum, then Gale of Darkness. It was mighty satisfying having the Jhoto starters before the remakes.

Now I'm working through White, I'm not only catching them all, but having a one of every pokemon (So I'd have a Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard sitting in my computer).

zombieteatime

Feb 18, 2011
for me no, because mew is bloody impossible to get without going to the event or using the mew glitch.

lokun489

Jun 3, 2010
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Caught 'em all in Diamond.

Haven't really othered with doing it in White. I just sent over the pokemon i actually used in Diamond and the rest may follow one day just for the sake of 100% completetion, but it's not happening in the forseeable future.
ARceus? Darkrai? Cause those two were never made available.
My friend has all but one pokemon to catch them all in emerald. Except events of course, those being Deoxy's and Jirachi as she missed the event times.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
I got pretty close back when their was only 150, but then my cousin erased my save file(I was still working on it). :(

I don't see any point to it now, you have to do some crazing cross generation trading(and cross gameboy platform) to get all of them, not to mention their are so many that can only be gotten from events and crap like that.

It's just not worth the effort or time to do it.

Krxis Rowe

Apr 2, 2010
I caught them all when I was about... 10-12, in middle school, using two gameboys and Red and Blue. Haven't attempted with any of the others though.

Katoran

Katatonic
Aug 25, 2010
I got 150/150 in Yellow, and 248/250 in Gold.
Not including event pokermans of course. They're a bit iffy to obtain, and as others have said probably don't really count towards the usual "catch 'em all."
Started getting a little bit silly after Gold/Silver. *shrugs*

SamBargeron

Jun 23, 2011
lokun489 said:
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Caught 'em all in Diamond.

Haven't really othered with doing it in White. I just sent over the pokemon i actually used in Diamond and the rest may follow one day just for the sake of 100% completetion, but it's not happening in the forseeable future.
ARceus? Darkrai? Cause those two were never made available.
My friend has all but one pokemon to catch them all in emerald. Except events of course, those being Deoxy's and Jirachi as she missed the event times.
Arceus was made available in a Toys R Us event. Darkrai was made available at least 2 times in the states thus far.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I've completed the Pokedex in Emerald, Diamond, Platinum and Heart Gold (Although the last two was trading all over from Diamond). I've caught all 647 released Pokemon in Black. All my event Pokemon seen legit, correct IV's, nature, OT etc, but I got Jirachi and Deoxys from people online so they may be probably are be hacked.