To all Pokefans : Has anybody legitly caught them all?

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
My cousin and I went on a trip with my aunt across america, years ago. One of the stops we made was the Lost Luggage store where things that were lost on flights and never claimed could be bought. There we found two gameboys, a cable, and pokemon red and blue. For the entire rest of the driving portion of the trip, just about, we spent collecting every one and finishing the game.

That's the only time I've ever caught them all.

(for your info, I'm at around 250 on soulsilver but stopped playing because I don't know anyone with a Kyogre so I can finish the final quest for the epic pokemon. Now I'm on to White version, but only have about 25 so far.)

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I did on Blue and Silver back in the day. Since then I didn't care, since none of my friends played so I couldn't trade and I missed a lot of events. I focused more on the competitive part of the game, the battling.

Jnat

Feb 1, 2010
The point of catching them all is to buy all the cards so the company(err... nintendo?) makes money.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Radeonx said:
Throughout my DS playthroughs, I've gotten everything I could get legitimately (I currently have most of them on my Black), and I've gotten the ones that are impossible to get through Pokesav for competetive use.

With that said, I still Sav all of my battling teams, because I'm too lazy to EV train a shitload of Pokemon.
For me it's not the EVs that are the problem, but IVs and egg moves. It took me 3 trades to get a Deino with Dark Pulse (sending up a Seviper to Diamond, breeding it with something to get a female, trading the female to Pearl, teaching it Dark Pulse via TM, trading it to White, breeding a Timid Deino with Dark Pulse was a long, painful process). And then the IVs were bad. It's too much of a hassle to get a team together without PokeSav.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Thousand Tides said:
i caught all of the new pokemon in white, but not the old ones. i kinda feel its a waste of time to keep catching the old pokemon over and over.
I like the way you think!

I did catch 'em all sever years back on Blue version.
It was as unsatisfying as I had imagined it would be, and I completed the pokedex simply to do away with the nagging notion of a childhood chore.

Gman

Dec 9, 2012
I wish there was a way to get the event pokemon without having the event stuff

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
I caught all the ones in Red, but there are too many event-only ones now for me to consider trying. I caught all the non-events up to Diamond and Pearl but I haven't tried a lot of the Black and White roster yet.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Hell no. I got most of the ones in blue, but after that I didn't bother collecting them, mostly a waste of time for me. I got a shiny once, though. I wasn't too happy about it until I looked up the chances, it's 1/8192 chance to see one :D

EDIT: Damn, what's with all the necros lately? There's been tons over the past few days.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Yes.

I have completed the Pokedex for Red, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, LeafGreen, and SoulSilver. For my other titles, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, HeartGold, and Black, I have just completed the regional Pokedex, and having some extra Pokemon from previous regions.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
EDIT: Oh, it was a necro thread? Well, disregard all of that then because I can't pay attention. Sorry, CrimsonBlaze.

OT: No, because Event Pokemon are absolute BS that are never available in my local area.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I have the completion of 151/151 on my copy of Red but only have 150. My neighbour had Blue and we traded for hours back and forth and did a couple of restarts on his spare Red to get all the starters each etc. I remember his friend at school had Mew through going to some event or something (he claimed) and he came round one afternoon and traded with us both for the completion, then we had to give it back...

Since then I've not been anywhere close on any of the games I own.