To anyone who has 'lost their faith in humanity'

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I too, have noticed how easy it is to make somebody lose their faith in humanity around here. If you want to restore your faith just watch the discovery channel.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
I would take some kind of mircal, like world peace or hunger being wiped out....or Bioware showing Tali's face in Mass Effect 3.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
What would it take to restore my faith in humanity? Oh let's see here.

1.A complete dismantling of the military industrial complex.
2.A complete overturning of almost every single drug law in the US, with reforms set in place to modify current DUI/DWI laws to include substance users.
3.A reversal from Private for profit prisons back to state owned prisons
4.Each patent which greatly increases fuel efficiency/alternate energy for cars to be released to the public from the individual oil company that controls them.

Well, that would be a good start, I'm sure I'll figure a couple more things out soon enough.

N7 Ruiz

Nov 23, 2009
Look I have not lost my faith I just lowered my standards we will all ways have war that must be accepted and religion is going to stay and corruption in government the left is to idealistic and the right are right in 75% of the issues so yeah..

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Kharloth said:
"Anon hacks into US government computers and edits important documents"

A headline like that would probably do it if I ever lost faith in humanity.
Those crazy anon folks

OT: Hmmm... I don't really know...

I honestly can't say "I've lost my faith in humanity" because, to me, humanity (emphasis on the "human" part) is inherently evil. Therefore, losing faith in humanity would be a good thing.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
gunheads said:
Ftaghn To You Too said:
gunheads said:
I lost faith in us years ago, America is to blame for this, Not the geographical country, The people that inhabit it. And no not all of you, just 95% with there religious fundamentalism and down right ass-hatter'y with politics world relations and attitudes to everything. One thing that tipped me over was a man promoting "National burn a quran day"
Please, don't judge us all based on that guy. Even Glenn Beck, king of the Fucktards, hates that guy.

Its not just that guy, Its the American plague ( 95% of you )
Awww how cute someone bashing America, how edgy, how true, because the greatest noise comes from the religious fundamentalists, they must be American. God the ignorance of your very typing astounds me and I'm not even American.

Honestly to think that 95% of Americans are what you describe them as; is wrong, biased, assumptive and utterly moronic. I have visited America, I have talked to Americans, hell I'm friends with many of them. Of course there are idiots in America, just like there are idiots in the UK or Canada or any other country. Seriously shut up before you stick your foot even more into your mouth.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I lose respect for anyone who says they lost their faith in humanity. Cut the melodrama and get over yourself.

There are billions of humans out there. It's foolish of you to think you can write off every one of them because you've met some people who hurt your feelings, or because you saw some distressing things on the news. Society today is leaps and bounds from where it was just a century or two ago. We didn't get out of our racist, witch-burning, science-condemning ways by writing everyone off as hopeless, and we won't make any more progress by doing that either.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
I've said it once, I'll say it again, the people who say that, and aren't joking generally aren't contributing to humanity themselves.

Watching Glen beck and Sarah Palin have a kick boxing match would probably raise my spirits, though.

To the death.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
gunheads said:
Ftaghn To You Too said:
gunheads said:
I lost faith in us years ago, America is to blame for this, Not the geographical country, The people that inhabit it. And no not all of you, just 95% with there religious fundamentalism and down right ass-hatter'y with politics world relations and attitudes to everything. One thing that tipped me over was a man promoting "National burn a quran day"
Please, don't judge us all based on that guy. Even Glenn Beck, king of the Fucktards, hates that guy.

Its not just that guy, Its the American plague ( 95% of you )
I'm Italian born, and to be honest you need to get over that. It doesn't make you seem smart, cultured, funny, or edgy for bashing a major world power.

Or maybe you'd like for me to go on about how every person from the UK has bad teeth, drinks tea, and (The Country as a whole) has an incompetent military?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
When teachers are considered worthy of earning thirty million dollars a year, and "sports stars" get to play games for thirty grand... that would be a nice step towards restoring my faith in humanity.
Where do teachers earn even a million dollars a year and where my mother can sign up?

Magister Mundi

May 4, 2010
I will never lose faith in humanity. I might lose faith in people, because, let's face it, most people are raging idiots in one way or another. Myself undoubtedly included. We possess the ability to fuck up pretty much anything, and we're damned good at it.

But we also have the potential - even if it's only used once in a generation, or once in ten generations - to create something truly great, be that a government, a technology, a philosophy, or anything else. Every so often, we show that maybe - just maybe - we have a spark of the divine in us, whatever that might be.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Universal tax rates that serve to benefit the majority, universal abolition of the death penalty, world wide consensus on laws of free speech. Equality amongst all people based upon colour, creed, race, gender and sex.

Finally a new GTA game in 2011 set in Vice City that sustains the narrative style and driving physics of GTA IV.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Its these bloody militant atheists you have to beware of.
Haha yeah they can be jerks... oh wait I am one

Well that being said a disbanding of religion world wide would be a good step

Also a world wide adaptation of a form of democracy that only lets the people best qualified to understand the complexities of the given decision the right to vote. Like only building engineers and geologist can vote on earth-quake building codes.

C-45

Apr 2, 2010
What do you mean by?

spartan1077 said:
.. the morons who think that free-speech is actually a thing ...
Because last I checked free-speech is still protected under the Bill of Rights.

Feb 13, 2008
A Satanic Panda said:
Well that being said a disbanding of religion world wide would be a good step

Also a world wide adaptation of a form of democracy that only lets the people best qualified to understand the complexities of the given decision the right to vote. Like only building engineers and geologist can vote on earth-quake building codes.
So, is that a two lane motorway or four?

(obscure reference)

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Wise_Smiling_Panda said:
Hyper-space said:
Wise_Smiling_Panda said:
I'm a Nihilist. So uhm...I guess I have no faith in humanity to begin with. Hehe...
Why, whats the point of having absolutely no faith in humanity?

Personally i believe that man is inherently good, as we always want to be the good guy. Think about it, we try to justify EVERYTHING, no matter what. We cannot enjoy peace of mind without completely believing that what we do is the right thing, hell even hitler believed that he was doing "gods work" and all that shit. Everyone who wishes to actually be the bad guy in the sense that what they do is intentionally wrong and not that their action have been called upon the victims, whomever they might be, by societal wrongdoings or upbringing. Now, i know people do the wrong things in what they believe is right, but the fact of the matter is, we all want to be the good guy, no matter what.
Point is, I don't have any particular desire to see humanity become something great, achieve anything in particular or for a heaven to even exist.
Whatever i will experience, no matter what, for any reason, i will never think like that.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I cannot imagine what it would take to restore my faith in humanity. To lose said faith I bore witness to the horrors of modern ground combat and had my every ideal torn asunder in the process.

I cannot imagine believing in humanity any longer. It is hard enough to believe in the people when those around me are time and again burdened with problems they ought not bear and people elsewhere are forced to deal with things worse than I can even imagine.

My loss of faith in humanity was not the result of some especially stupid comment by a pundit or whatever most people would cite, nor was it a temporary realization. The be brutally honest, the process nearly destroyed me as a person and there are days when the old torments rise again.

I wish I could believe in humanity. I wish I could believe that the world was black and white. I wish I could believe that I was at least fighting for something beyond not getting myself killed. But I can't.