To be a gamer, you MUST play...

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
elcamino41383 said:
Wolfram01 said:
My choice tho would be Rock n Roll Racing. LOVED that game.
yes, yes, yes, and dare I say it again? YES! Probably one of the most enjoyable games EVER. They need to make an updated version for all systems, or at least a DLC version of the original! No music changes or anything!
LET THE CARNAGE BEGIN!!!!!!

Grinder's about to blow! WHOAAA! OUCH!

I agree they should release a new version in high def, but with very similar gameplay.

Feb 13, 2008
I think it'd be better to break it down into platforms

PC: Really has to be one of the Half-Lifes, but sneak in a Popcap game.
PS3: LittleBigPlanet
Xbox: Probably Fallout 3
Wii: MarioKart
SNES: Mario
N64: GOLDENEYE
Spectrum: Doomdark's Revenge
C64: Wizball or Paradroid (Or anything that has music by Rob Hubbard)
BBC: Elite
Gameboy: Tetris
Amstrad: They Stole A Million
Amiga: Dungeon Master
Arcade: Street Fighter 2

Feb 13, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
elcamino41383 said:
Wolfram01 said:
My choice tho would be Rock n Roll Racing. LOVED that game.
yes, yes, yes, and dare I say it again? YES! Probably one of the most enjoyable games EVER. They need to make an updated version for all systems, or at least a DLC version of the original! No music changes or anything!
LET THE CARNAGE BEGIN!!!!!!

Grinder's about to blow! WHOAAA! OUCH!

I agree they should release a new version in high def, but with very similar gameplay.
Oh man, how can I have forgotten that one? Genius.

Equal in place with Zombies Ate My Neighbours though.

targren

May 13, 2009
"To be a gamer, you must play..."

GAMES.

Anything beyond that is just someone being an insecure tosser trying to enlarge his e-micro-peen by telling others that they don't belong in his little "gamer club". Most of us outgrew that shit when we were 7.

Jun 30, 2009
Well I'd disagree that you need to play it to be a gamer, but that is one of my 5 favorite games ever. Such a great one, I lent it to my friend and got it back a few months later; I believe he beat it 10 times while he had it..... high quality stuff, makes me wonder why developers these days don't try to go the same way as CT more often, make some RPGs for the DS in the same style without getting all Shin Megami Tensei or anything.

Also only Crono looks like the stereotypical JRPG character, and even he looks at least a bit cooler than average. The characters are fantastic.

qaztim

Feb 17, 2010
Willeus said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Zelda - The Mother of all adventure games

Wolfenstein 3D - The Father of all shooter games

Golden Sun - The best (GBA) RPG ever made :D
If only the Mother of all adventure games and the Father of all shooter games had a child... What a game it would be.
links crossbow training on the wii

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Demented Teddy said:
I don't think anyone has to play a certian game to be a gamer.
Everyone has different tastes.
The first non OP post ninja's me.Well done Teddy,well done.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/06/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

Jun 30, 2009
qaztim said:
Willeus said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Zelda - The Mother of all adventure games

If only the Mother of all adventure games and the Father of all shooter games had a child... What a game it would be.
links crossbow training on the wii
Actually that's more like a mix between the Mother of All Adventure Games and Duck hunt :/.

Jun 30, 2009
targren said:
"To be a gamer, you must play..."

GAMES.

Anything beyond that is just someone being an insecure tosser trying to enlarge his e-micro-peen by telling others that they don't belong in his little "gamer club". Most of us outgrew that shit when we were 7.
Haha I like it.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
To be a gamer you MUST play...

Games

That is the best answer to that. If you want to call yourself hardcore, it still doesn't matter which games you play - but you should play them a lot to call yourself that.

Lightbulb830

Mar 18, 2010
Irridium said:
MrBacon said:
To add an extra-bonus-mega level of discussion, do you think gaming gold is hard to come by these days? Were games better in the past, when innovation was key?

And finally, is there any game that you would immediately snatch up if you saw it on sale?
And as for a game I would pick up instantly: Timesplitters Future Perfect. Hands down. I would buy it instantly.

No other game is such a pure embodiment of fun as Timesplitters.

What other game can I pit ninja monkeys against dinosaurs and bears?
Ninja monkeys against dinosaurs and bears!

Every day I wish for it to show up on Steam...
I loved the second one. I wish my PS2 didn't break so I could play it lol. I lovvved the challenge levels in the arcade.

Zoetrope

Mar 18, 2010
A gamer is surely someone who plays games beyond Champ Man and daft plinky plonly apps on their IPhones but i don't think you are required to play certain games to be called a gamer. It comes down to taste and also to which console you play on (unless of course you have them all). I'm a Sony girl and i have never owned or had a friend that owns an X-Box so i've never played Halo, not an inch of it, and some people are horrified when they hear that..."how can you cal yoursef a gamer when you have never played Halo!" etc etc. Yawn!

fwddgs

Dec 25, 2008
Demented Teddy said:
I don't think anyone has to play a certian game to be a gamer.
Everyone has different tastes.
This.
Also. Satoko. You're officially a legend now.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
(Take on account that EVERYBODY around here is exeptionally big idiots with NO taste in games, except me and Fellwarden.)
Well, here it is:
Shooters: Counter-Strike: Source
RPG's: No.
Sports games: FIFA 10
Other sports games: NFL 10
More sports games: FIFA 10 (again)

That's what people around here consider the games needed to play to be a gamer is.

My opinion of games:
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Warcraft 3
Half-Life series
Final Fantasy

Bladestrom

May 12, 2009
Starcraft / Age of Empires 2 for RTS fans, Timesplitters 2 for anyone who likes shooters or has a sense of humour and any of the Pro Evo games for someone that has a sports interest.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
MrBacon said:
In the age of mainstream gaming, the monopoly FPSes have over the minds of the so-called "gamer" and the many many clones there are out there, I pose a simple question to you.

Do you think someone should HAVE to have played certain games before you can consider them a "true" gamer? I'm talking the hidden gems that you find in a bargain bin, the NES and Dreamcast classics, the indie games, and the games that nobody else knows about, even if it's right there on the shelf...

For example, many VALVe games are considered almost legendary at this stage, and some might consider you unclean if you haven't played Final Fantasy.

To add an extra-bonus-mega level of discussion, do you think gaming gold is hard to come by these days? Were games better in the past, when innovation was key?

And finally, is there any game that you would immediately snatch up if you saw it on sale?
While you can technically call yourself a gamer after playing just one game, I think that you should have to play a certain number (rather than certain individual ones) of games before you can culturally call yourself one, because by then you have generated a legitimate viewpoint in gaming society.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
The Legend of Zelda - The Mother of all adventure games

Amen, this man knows his stuff.