To kill a God

freakyalex

Nov 20, 2009
sharpshot said:
It truly depends on the context.
How do you kill a being that exists on pure belief? Simple. Forget about them.
This. Gods exist because people believe in them; without belief, they die.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
Gods are immortal, but that does not make them indestructible so why does everyone ***** so much about it being silly for a mortal to kill a god.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I'd do it Kratos' way: get powered up by Ares and the rage from having been tricked by him, then create a massive wad of gore.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
I really like god killing plots. Especially if you don't see them coming like in Guardian Heroes.

If the god has some kind of physical form. Then fighting and killing that form is plausible. Then you have to ask does god have a soul? Maybe taking said god's power would and then killing it would work.

If the god is something more abstract then to kill a god is to make people stop believing in it.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
knight steel said:
Bobbity said:
knight steel said:
Find out gods true name for with a name you can control that person/object completely ^_^.
Please please pretty please tell me that you're referring to the works of Ursula Le Guin, and not Christopher Paolina. Please please please please. o_O

OT: I like the Terry Pratchett/Raymond Feist approach. Remove or kill off all the worshippers, and the gods become totally powerless.
I'm sorry i got it from Christopher Paolina Eragon book, who's Ursula Le Guin?
Haha, it's not that important, but if you're looking for a new book to read sometime soon, try the Wizard of Earthsea. It's where the Ancient Language and the true names of things in the Eragon books came from, and it's a very good read.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I'm actually surprised that the thread didn't get more "kill it with fire" replies, it was what every other solution to getting rid of a bird off the roof was so:

Bird on roof=Get rid of with fire
God=Fire not sufficient, need something sneakier.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
{1} *Snerk* I don't really care. There isn't even anything in the bible about it.

{2} Well, I suppose I'd have to do it the Douglas Adams way. Puff of logic!

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
thePyro_13 said:
Depends on your definition of god.

I say cut off their head. Nothing survives without a head, not even a god.
A CHALLENGER APPEARS [http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/story.php].

In the most humble of forms, to boot.

I think that the very notion of killing a God is contradictory in the first place. If they were that powerful, they would not be able to be killed. And if they weren't, why would we call them Gods at all?

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
depends on the context of the word God in the mythos presented. Old Norse Gods were in fact quite mortal.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Depends what god you're talking about, surely?

I'm sure Greek, Roman and Norse gods, for example, were killable, it was just really fucking difficult.[footnote]On a side-note, I find it hilarious how we now regard these as interesting stories, whereas religions today is taken ever-so-seriously and fully expect to live on forever, since they're all the "true" religion. Oh, logic.[/footnote]

sivin

May 4, 2009
knight steel said:
Find out gods true name for with a name you can control that person/object completely ^_^.
WHY! WHY! WHY!

I went a whole week without thinking of those horrible books. WHY WOULD YOU REMIND ME?!

Your a monster... And the worst part is that he's almost done with the 4th. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, as far as killing a god. If it's male, trick it into watching Twilight. And if it's Female, trick it into watching Twilight (all gods are supposed to have good taste). At the very least it will weaken the being enough for a sword to the jugular...