Tokyo Jungle Review

edgecult

May 4, 2011
CoL0sS said:
Question. Do you get to train your little pomeranian into merciless stalker of post-apocalyptic concrete jungle .... wearing kitty paws ? Because if you do...GOTY :)
Sorta.. you become the family of post apocalyptic kitty paw wearing pomeranian merciless stalkers... at least till the years go by and slowly everything lower than you on the food chain gets replaced with things bigger than you in the city. (sadly as I found out thanks to a freak event dropping prehistoric dino's in a sector I needed to cut though at year 15 or so I think your pomeranian no matter how vicious the little things become.. are still food to bigger nastier things when ambushed by a squad of 6 in the middle of a smoggy thunderstorm.)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Mumorpuger said:
Good review... although I was expecting the video to be two minutes of Susan going:

"SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"
Funniest moment doing this review: I was capturing the footage to use in the review, which we do here in the office. I was playing as the pig, and ran smack into a beagle almost immediately. Ok, fine, I can evade a beagle, but then while running from the beagle I ran right into a herd of cats and yelled "AAAAH! Cats!" as I frantically tried to get away.

Justin leans over his desk and says, "...did you just say 'aaaah, cats?'"

That's kind of how this game goes. The absurd becomes super serious very quickly.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
-Dragmire- said:
Susan Arendt said:
Tokyo Jungle Review

Ridiculous and mighty.

Read Full Article
I recall earlier this year you were quite excited for this game, did you have to fight off anyone to review it? Oh, and did it meet your expectations or surpass them?
I think this one was just a bit too weird for my fellow reviewers to want to attempt. :) And while I figured I'd find it endearingly odd, I didn't expect the actual gameplay to be as rock solid as it was. Quite surprising, really.
Aww, I was hoping for a story along the line of Greg and Mike battling each other yelling, "I want to be the Pomeranian!" while you sneaked through the carnage and triumphantly claimed the controller.

Malignanttoe

Aug 25, 2011
Worgen said:
I wish this would come out on the pc, it looks damn interesting but I have no intention of getting a ps3.
I'm going to echo this.
My friend got it on his PS3 and I love the idea behind it, but I only have a 360 and a PC, and my budget doesn't allow for me to buy a PS3 just for this game.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Mumorpuger said:
Good review... although I was expecting the video to be two minutes of Susan going:

I'm a little disappointed that she didn't. :(

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Mumorpuger said:

Funniest moment doing this review: I was capturing the footage to use in the review, which we do here in the office. I was playing as the pig, and ran smack into a beagle almost immediately. Ok, fine, I can evade a beagle, but then while running from the beagle I ran right into a herd of cats and yelled "AAAAH! Cats!" as I frantically tried to get away.

Justin leans over his desk and says, "...did you just say 'aaaah, cats?'"

That's kind of how this game goes. The absurd becomes super serious very quickly.
You ran from kitties, rather than give them scritches??

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I'll be dead honest, this is my pick for game of the year right now. This has been the only thing ive touched all week. Even my friend who hates rougelikes, game extremely punishing games, loved it. We sat there and just burned the day away getting destroyed by raptors.

Theres a lot of content to unlock, and the story is pretty decent. I feel its like minecraft. Something you can just sit down and play. Its been along time since ive felt this much accomplishment from a game (got to 100+ years in game :D So many things wanted me dead!), and unlocking your favorite animals just keeps you going. The co-op has a bit of a hiccup, where you both share the same screen, but it is LOCKED 100% on player number one. Its not the most terrible thing ever, but it could use a bit of reworking. It didnt stop me and my bro from stomping around the city as a Lycaon and a Wolf, mauling everything in our path.

The game has a few problem to it, but its nothing that hinders the amount of enjoyment you can get from it. And for only 15$, this is one of the best titles out there for its price. 9/10 stars for me! Simplistic, bug free (about 20 hours and not a single glitch of any kind), and above all, addictive. Would recommend to anyone with a PS3.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Got it, this game is so much fun, and so absurd. I was having a pretty easy time as a Pom until I went into the sewer, go allllll the way to the end just to hit a wall and be surrounded by Panthers. Yea, Panthers, against a small pack of Pomeranian's... it was quick and brutal

Darkness665

Dec 21, 2010
Great review. It is nice to see your name in the reference as I can count on something worth reading and listening too.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
First off, I am so glad that you reviewed this Susan. You got me hyped up for it, though got me disappointed when it was a PS exclusive.

Decent review, though it sounds more honest in the video then the written review. This is what you think, verses here is all the reasons why someone wants to play this game.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Wonder if this is out on the European PSN as well. Because I really want to try this out!

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
JdaS said:
Wonder if this is out on the European PSN as well. Because I really want to try this out!
Yeah it is, been out since last week :D and it's a lot of fun.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Tallim said:
JdaS said:
Yeah it is, been out since last week :D and it's a lot of fun.
A quick reasearch says as much, yeah. Silly me. Yeah, I gotta get on this.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
This game seems excellent.

I would get it if it were on PC.

And I'm certainly not alone with that thought.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I didn't have this game on my radar at all, and just accidentally stumbled upon this review.
All I have to say is: THANK YOU!

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
Downloaded it after reading this review. It is just so fun, I can't wait until my sister finishes whatever dvd she's watching and I get to play more. Great review

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
It's worth it just for being able to dress a cow in a fuku.

Oh, and samurai Tosa/Beagle clan wars. Fucking genius.