Tomorrow I'm gonna do something stupid and pointless with little chance of success.

bernardblack

Apr 24, 2012
Whoa man, mad props for doing something like that in the first place. And for not being a jerk about it when she said no. That's pretty commendable.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008

Well done, man. Kudos to you. Not only did you summon the courage to do the deed, but you managed to write a diverting little tale about it as well.

Good. On. You.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I liked the story...purely because of the Futurama references you put in there :)

She was obligated to say no though because she is a teacher. Teacher/student relationships have a stigma attached to them and she could have lost her job (even if it was your last day of being a student, former students are still considered a no-no)

Thomiroth

Mar 17, 2011
You tried to do what would make you happy in life, so tonight I shall raise a glass of beer to you, good OP. Either way, keep on trying for it, good sirrah. :D

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Way to not be satisfied with no doubt hundreds of female choices in School...Is this a cry for help?

notdante42

Dec 27, 2011
Ha, your futurama laden tale made me laugh. I hope you are having a fine evening and or good day where ever you may be.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Hey guys, it's me again. I know I'm resurrecting this thread after almost a year, but it's kinda for a good reason.

Something kinda funny happened about 4 months ago (I think it was in November, or late October, somewhere around that time)

I received a friend request on Facebook from...you guessed it, the very same professor I asked out. Now keep in mind, at this point in time, I am no longer a student at her school, I'm at a new school, and even in a new city (but only a few hours away, and my folks are still there so I visit often)

But basically she messaged me and was like "Hey, who is this again? I saw I had a few messages from you in my inbox. Were you one of my students?" (we had briefly chatted before, nothing serious)

So I told her the truth. I said "No, I'm the guy that came to your office and asked you out."

We had a laugh over it, and so we stayed in touch. Only occasionally at first, but we started chatting more often as the weeks went by.

And fellow Escapists, I have to tell you...it's been amazing. I have so much fun chatting with her. We talk about everything from movies to food, we talk about work, hell we even once had a conversation about French literature (she was impressed that I knew who Jules Maigret was) it seems like we never run out of stuff to talk about, and we make each other laugh.

She promised to teach me about wine, we've both promised to cook for one another, she's even talked about coming to visit me in Savannah for a weekend (well not specifically to visit me, but still)

It may not end in the happiest sense, I can't predict the future, but it's going great right now. I can't wait for spring break so I can go back and visit.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Well done :)
I think that:
1) you gave your professor something to smile about, and also brag to her friends over dinner.
I would be greatly flattered if I were her.

2) You have good taste in women because obviously your professor did not make you feel bad but turned down your offer graciously.
I hope you will meet many more wonderful women that know how to be respectful and thoughtful about men.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I was ready to drink my Internet Beer that you promised for everyone, until I realised I was very, very, very late...

But I must say I admire your courage that you talk with her.
I hope after this sudden happy event, to have good results in the end.

I hope to get to drink Internet Tsikoudia after you announce the good news ^^