too senstivie kids

hyperhammy

Jan 4, 2010
Wildrow12 said:
Tinneh said:
Wildrow12 said:
Of course kids are too sensitive these days! Back in my day, you would shake it off, and slug the twit who bopped you (unless it was done on purpose, at which point you knee 'em in the stomach until their stomach turns to tapioca) and the school wouldn't care unless you brought a weapon into the mix.

Ah, those were the days!
Rumble! Rumble! Johnny stabbed a Soc!

[sub]Get the reference or DIE[/sub].
Did you just drop an "Outsiders" moment on me?
I think only three people get that joke. Good one ^^ great book btw

Blackjay25

Apr 24, 2009
if it was an accident, then WTF. if he's a lil terror doing it all the time, fine, so be it. but seriously, PARENTS are the ones that need to start taking responsibility for their children. They are not some divine perfect godsend, they're an over-emotional turd machine that gets their bad habits from their households.

cartzo

Apr 16, 2009
typical private school i think, in england we are more worried about the opposite happening.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Wildrow12 said:
Tinneh said:
Wildrow12 said:
Of course kids are too sensitive these days! Back in my day, you would shake it off, and slug the twit who bopped you (unless it was done on purpose, at which point you knee 'em in the stomach until their stomach turns to tapioca) and the school wouldn't care unless you brought a weapon into the mix.

Ah, those were the days!

Damn straight!

nickster1

Sep 29, 2008
Being expelled is defiantly to harsh for hitting a kid with a bird. Also how does a kid cry when a small paper like object hits him/her when they are over the age of 10

nickster1

Sep 29, 2008
Yeah a few years back everyone in my grade played something similar and no body except the kids who got hit to hard cared

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Tinneh said:
Wildrow12 said:
Tinneh said:
Wildrow12 said:

Ah, those were the days!

Damn straight!
Stay Golden.

Uncreation

Aug 4, 2009
Well, the expulsion is probably exagerated. On the other hand i'm kind of worried to see all these people saying the kid was a wuss and that todays kids should thoughen up, etc. As long as we don't know all the details it's hard to make such a judgment. Besides, i can't really understand why people are nostalgic about the times in school/highschool/kindergarten/whatever when they got their faces smashed in.

I think most people would consider me a wuss, a pussy, etc. but i have always tried to avoid pain. Pain HURTS! And in my oppinion pain does not build character, it just sucks. So if i would be able to choose between enduring pain or avoiding it but being looked down upon for that, i would always choose to avoid it.

And seriously, crying is not the end of the world, especially since the kid is 12. Jebus F. Christ! Kids cry, they are kids, it's not that unusual. Yes, even over something like this. Older people cry too. Granted not over stuff like this probably, but still i don't generally consider it something shamefull.

Klarinette said:
AgDr_ODST said:
sad pathetic little world we live in when a kid(from any school) cries after getting hit by one of those. What we need is to teach the kids to take a punch and a way to toughen them up. I mean my god if my kid came home telling me about this I whoop him then drag him down to the school and demand the other kids expulsion be revoked(unless it turned out the "bully" was a snot nose trouble maker then he could stay expelled)
Yeah really. Me to my kid: "I'm sorry, are you a girl? No, you're not. Now, get in the car."
What's the kid's gender have to do with anything. Being hit hurts regardless of that. Actually i think i've heard somewhere that women have higher pain tolerance than men. Not sure about that though. But it should not matter anyway. I'm sick of the idea that all guys should be though, and strong, and stuff like that.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Wildrow12 said:
Tinneh said:
Wildrow12 said:
Tinneh said:
Wildrow12 said:

Ah, those were the days!

Damn straight!
Stay Golden.
Well shit. I believe you've won.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
hyperhammy said:
Wildrow12 said:
Tinneh said:
Wildrow12 said:

Ah, those were the days!

I think only three people get that joke. Good one ^^ great book btw
Awesome movie as well, I read the book like 20 times. XD

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Violence happens at my school often, but honestly I don't know about middle or elementary schools right now.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Cavouku said:
*snipped*
You're right, it is biased of you. You don't know this kid, you have no idea of the context and yet you're ready to dismiss him as a manipulative brat because he doesn't conform to your ideals.

Like I said, I hope this is an attitude you'll grow out of.
Now I feel like you're being condescending. I mostly joke with those comments about the brat, but you don't know that, so it's fine. I'm not nearly as mean as you sound like you think I am.

If that was what you meant, then I just think you don't have the right idea. And don't think I'm being condescending of you, I'm just trying to make you understand where I'm coming from.

With the whole of the issue, I don't actually think he's a brat or anything. I think that might be a possibility, but again, I don't know the situation. At the end of the day, my opinion on the matter is that, having been hit by the racket at point blank, I think a few times around that age- 6th grade was Badminton- it's not physical toughness that keeps you from crying, like I said, it's an inner strength kind of thing... not sure how better to explain it.

I'm not advocating physical toughness, just that inner strength thing. I see that as an important virtue. Are we getting each other better? I don't want this to be an argument or anything, there's just some miscommunication.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Uncreation said:
Well, the expulsion is probably exagerated. On the other hand i'm kind of worried to see all these people saying the kid was a wuss and that todays kids should thoughen up, etc. As long as we don't know all the details it's hard to make such a judgment. Besides, i can't really understand why people are nostalgic about the times in school/highschool/kindergarten/whatever when they got their faces smashed in.

I think most people would consider me a wuss, a pussy, etc. but i have always tried to avoid pain. Pain HURTS! And in my oppinion pain does not build character, it just sucks. So if i would be able to choose between enduring pain or avoiding it but being looked down upon for that, i would always choose to avoid it.

And seriously, crying is not the end of the world, especially since the kid is 12. Jebus F. Christ! Kids cry, they are kids, it's not that unusual. Yes, even over something like this. Older people cry too. Granted not over stuff like this probably, but still i don't generally consider it something shamefull.

Klarinette said:
AgDr_ODST said:
sad pathetic little world we live in when a kid(from any school) cries after getting hit by one of those. What we need is to teach the kids to take a punch and a way to toughen them up. I mean my god if my kid came home telling me about this I whoop him then drag him down to the school and demand the other kids expulsion be revoked(unless it turned out the "bully" was a snot nose trouble maker then he could stay expelled)
Yeah really. Me to my kid: "I'm sorry, are you a girl? No, you're not. Now, get in the car."
What's the kid's gender have to do with anything. Being hit hurts regardless of that. Actually i think i've heard somewhere that women have higher pain tolerance than men. Not sure about that though. But it should not matter anyway. I'm sick of the idea that all guys should be though, and strong, and stuff like that.
I'd go into some feminist rant about menstruation and childbirth, but I don't feel like it, as I am both lazy and not a feminist. Also, a lot of guys push being stronger and tougher than women. I think we're just sort of taught that stuff, indirectly. And crying isn't shameful. It was the fact that he was crying over something so small. Do you know how hard you'd have to hit someone with a birdie in order for it to actually hurt? Besides, kids are made of rubber :p

As for the kid's gender... yeah, it doesn't really have anything to do with it. I was momentarily annoyed by the thought of getting a call from my own son's school (no, I don't actually have one), telling me he'd been hit with a shuttlecock and shit hit the fan. If the story was straightened out and I found out that there was no ill will involved, I'd demand the kid's punishment be revoked; accidents happen. If it was on purpose, the lesson is that there are jerks in life, there there, here's some ice cream. If it had happened to a girl, I'd still feel the same, mainly with hopes that she doesn't grow up to be a little powder puff who cries every time she's touched.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Haunted Serenity said:
How the hell could that hurt? Seriously i've been smoked by those before and all it leaves is a mild sting.
I suggest that this kid never play paintball, or partake of SCA combat!