too senstivie kids

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Oh a shuttle cock, that's stupid, we would hit each other with our cocks all the time in PE

[small] teehee[/small]

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
The Anhk24 said:
Its something you play bat mitten with
Aby_Z said:
That's a birdie. You hit it with a long tennis racket over a net. The game It's used in is like a slow mix between Volleyball and tennis.
Ah ok we call it a shuttlecock.

And honestly I can see no logical reason that someone would be expelled for this. Not even a detention would be fair. Unless of course he fired the thing out of a highpowered rifle using a sabot lol but i doubt that a 12 year old could do that

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Of course kids are too sensitive these days! Back in my day, you would shake it off, and slug the twit who bopped you (unless it was done on purpose, at which point you knee 'em in the stomach until their stomach turns to tapioca) and the school wouldn't care unless you brought a weapon into the mix.

Ah, those were the days!

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
El Poncho said:
Oh a shuttle cock, that's stupid, we would hit each other with our cocks all the time in PE

[small] teehee[/small]
How immature.

[small] *childish giggling* [/small]

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Too many people to quote 0.o

It's quite a statement that what we call a Birdie is actually called a Shuttlecock. Obviously us Americans aren't mature enough to handle such a thing...

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
The Anhk24 said:
while trying to procrastinate studying for my government and politics quiz i talked to my friend's little brother who goes to a private school. there is a kid who is gonna be expelled because he hit a kid with a birdy, and the kid who got hit cried. (these kids are like 12-13)

truthfully im not too sure how badly getting hit with a birdy can be but im pretty sure it cant make you cry. I also believe it is stupid this kid might get expelled for this. when i was in elementary school if you got hit, the teacher would just laugh at you or if it was serious send you to a nurse's office.

I personally think kids today are wimps and are too sensititve, but what do u fellow escapists believe

Edit: a birdy is the thing u play batt mitten with:http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/badminton.jpg
I know of a similar story. My nephew and this kid were going back and forth for about a week about one another's mom's (no details how heated it got) and then they were at the chalkboard and my nephew asked the kid to move over, and he just socked my nephew, breaking his nose and requiring stitches. Well my nephew's parents pressed charges and took him to court. Under Utah law the kid can be sent to prison for this, and naturally was expelled. While I agree fully with his expulsion, rouble is, now the kid is going to be put into the system, where there is a high chance he will either spend his life on the streets, going in and out of prison, dying by street violence, or some combination of the above.
So is it really worth possibly destroying this kids life for that? Yes he completely deserved to be expelled, but prison? What is worse, is what if the kid becomes vengeful?

But to get a little more on topic, What the Balls? Suspended over that? Are kids really this wimpy? How can a birdie do that much damage. It is this whole, we need to protect them BS. Giving out trophies just for participating. Well guess what life doesn't do that! But it isn't just kids. People in general really should grow thicker skin. Also, when was it decided that F's on a report card did more damage than not being able to read or write? I apologize if it seems like I was ranting. This sounds alot like this one time when I was in Middle School this girl was claiming I hit her with my lunchbox. First it wasn't true, second, the thing weighed 3 oz tops! The only way it would have done any damage would have been if I had launched it out of a cannon! Seriously, toughen up!

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
If the kid that got hit went to my school, he would have got eaten alive, fights were on an almost daily basis and one girl got her head caved in with a crowbar and subsequently got brain damage. Getting hit with a shuttlecock would have been the least of his worries.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Too many people to quote 0.o

It's quite a statement that what we call a Birdie is actually called a Shuttlecock. Obviously us Americans aren't mature enough to handle such a thing...
I can assure you that you're missing out on some of the best innuendo ever.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Now that the birdie mystery has been soved i can add my 2 cents worth:
What a little *****, obviously the kids parents are on the board of trustees or something like that because being expelled for hitting someone with something that is more or less a tiny bit of plastic along with some air is bullshit. Even a tennis ball would hurt more.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I actually had my eye nearly busted open with a bowling pin in gym class once. It barely missed my eye and hit a bone right next to my eye. I was bleeding all over the floor and accidentally swore at the gym teacher (thankfully she didn't notice... she seemed more worried about the fact that my shoe flew off when I kicked the air in a fit of pain and rage) and was sent to the principal's office because I kicked in the air. Note that this was still while I was bleeding like crazy and dripping blood on the floor. Yeah but I, nor the kid who hit me, got in any trouble at all.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Aby_Z said:
My school has banned dodgeball in Gym class because some random kid broke their glasses. Needless to say, I was pissed by my not being able to play the one game that made Gym fun.

-Grumble grumble-
While never actually losing the entirety of dodgeball out my old school, we DID ban the really good rubber dodgeballs because a girl got hit in the face by the strongest thrower in the class. I got hit in the face by the same guy and we both just laughed. She really did get hurt, but I was a bit miffed because our foam balls were shit.

I remember in grade school though that our favorite game Wall Burner got banned because pedestrians kept walking infront of our playing area and getting hit. To be fair though our areas usually got bigger because we got farther and farther away from the wall.

For those who might be wondering, as it probably has a different name, Wall Burner was where you throw a tennis ball at the wall (Durr) if someone catches, you have to stand on the wall. If your throw doesnt hit the wall, you gotta touch the wall before someone else hits the wall with the ball, or your out. God damn we loved that game.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
There has to be more to the story, to get expelled for hitting someone with the birdie/shuttlecock is the pretty lame. I mean seriously they don't even hurt when you get hit with them.

Maybe he hit him with the racket and then shoved his shuttlecock up his ass down his throat or something.

Eekaida

Jan 13, 2010
A birdie? Those things that weigh 0.007grams and travel 0.003 miles per hour? Unless he made the kid *eat* it, he shouldn't have been expelled. I think this is more a case of people being outraged on behalf of others - I mean, I had my finger slammed in a door at primary school and had to go to hospital, but the door it still there! These things happen.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
That's a birdie? Huh. We call it a shuttle...

Wait, the kid was crying because he got hit by THAT?! Oh.... dear lord...

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
There has to be more to the story, to get expelled for hitting someone with the birdie/shuttlecock is the pretty lame. I mean seriously they don't even hurt when you get hit with them.

Maybe he hit him with the racket and then shoved his shuttlecock up his ass down his throat or something.
The innuendo in this post is almost too much to bear.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Shockolate said:
Aby_Z said:
My school has banned dodgeball in Gym class because some random kid broke their glasses. Needless to say, I was pissed by my not being able to play the one game that made Gym fun.

-Grumble grumble-
While never actually losing the entirety of dodgeball out my old school, we DID ban the really good rubber dodgeballs because a girl got hit in the face by the strongest thrower in the class. I got hit in the face by the same guy and we both just laughed. She really did get hurt, but I was a bit miffed because our foam balls were shit.

I remember in grade school though that our favorite game Wall Burner got banned because pedestrians kept walking infront of our playing area and getting hit. To be fair though our areas usually got bigger because we got farther and farther away from the wall.

For those who might be wondering, as it probably has a different name, Wall Burner was where you throw a tennis ball at the wall (Durr) if someone catches, you have to stand on the wall. If your throw doesnt hit the wall, you gotta touch the wall before someone else hits the wall with the ball, or your out. God damn we loved that game.
I remember some of my most epic moments in school being based on Dodge ball.

At one point we were playing Doctor Dodgeball (if you're hit, you sit down. The 'doctor' then tags you and you're back in. If the doctor is out, no one can get up again.) And it got down to the entire enemy team against just 2 of us. The doctor was out. My buddy decided to go suicidal and run off to the right. The entire other team swarmed after him and he got promptly bombarded with dodgeballs. At that time I decided his sacrifice would not be in vain (There was a second rule. There were baskets all around the gym so if someone was to make a basket on the opposite side of the gym with the dodgeball, everyone on their side came in again and everyone on the enemy team had to sit down 'cept the doctor.)

I used all my strength to hurl the dodge ball across the gym and I swished it! Everyone on my team came running in cheering and the other team just sat there for a second in amazement.

I feel so sorry for the newer generation. They won't be able to know such a feeling of epicness.

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
Wow. Really? I mean, I went to a small private school and things there were the polar opposite of this. We played football and dodgeball on the lawn in front of the gym at recess, and most of the time everyone was required to play. And the last kid that wimped out and told the teachers that someone hung him from the coat hooks by his belt (a form of initiation at the school. Everyone went through it, including me. And it's not that hard to get yourself down :p) was basically called a puss by everyone in his freshman class.

This was a huge overreaction. I mean, it's a freakin' piece of plastic with a rubber tip! Even if the kid did cry, tell him to suck it up. He's going to have to go through a lot worse than that eventually. Maybe give the other kid detention for a couple days for throwing it, but don't expell him for God's sake.