Toys you had as a kid... then destroyed, sold or "lost" by your parents. DAMN YOU MOM AND DAD!!

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Good Saturday to all,

Yep it's a quiet day so I wish to dwell into your mind and expose your childhood nightmare of your favourite toys.

*Cue evil laugh* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyways, so what are toys or even memorable collections that you remember as a child that your parents may or may not have sold, destroyed, or just "lost". As an added thing you can add even lost during things that weren't your parents fault.

Oct 10, 2011
My parents once traded 3 of my favorite N64 games for Legend of Zelda:OOT. I was pretty pissed at the time, but eventually I learned that LoZ was awesome, and I got 2 of the other games back later anyway.

I never really played with any actual toys growing up, but games count, right?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
All my old pristine condition G1 Transformers Dinobots!! All 5 of them!!

I put them all in the attic when I went off to university, but they've all gone now. Nowhere in the loft, garage, storage boxes, under the stairs, my old room, my new place, nowhere!! They were the only ones I kept as well. :(

Gaijinko

Aug 4, 2013
I once had one of the biggest most memorable comic collection as a youngster handed down from my older brothers, which was handed down to them etc etc. it had everything issue ones. Rare limited editions, I had comics from everywhere and every when, running into the hundreds. When we were moving house one day, these were sold from under me...for 20 quid and I didn't even get the twenty quid.

TKhanman

Mar 15, 2014
Once me and my brother had some toy swords, we would enjoy having sword fights against each other. Then one day our dad got pissed for reasons I don't remember and snapped them into pieces.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
My Dad burned my Yu-gui-oh cards in front of me. To be honest, it still pisses me off to this day, because the reason he did it was because my brothers kept taking, and that was causing fights, but instead of being a good parent and telling them to stop taking MY cards, he fucking burned them. He started laughing at me when I got pissed off about it... Fucking ****.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess that would be my transformers toys. Sure I had alot more toys as a kid (I was greedy) but I can't remember if they were my or my bro since we had TNMT, Dino Riders, Action Force aka GI Joes (ok those belong to my bro), Lego and etcs.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I had a toy Cinderella that 'mysteriously' disappeared around the time I got to lower school and my dad declared I had to start acting more masculine... Yeah...

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
There was a The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog adorning my shelf in the distant past. Yeah, it was a pretty corny, off-the-wall show, but I had fond memories of it (not to mention it sprung my love for the SatAM show). It just...disappeared, along with some stuffed animals, and they were never to be seen again.

NortherWolf

Jun 26, 2008
Ooooh boy...Let me count.
Optimus Prime Power master, Sideswipe, dozens of Micromaster Transformers. He-Man and about 20 other He-Man figures in decent condition. A bunch of other things too. Thrown away because my siblings and dad said I wasn't packing them for transport.(two bags on a train that goes 600 kilometers...Not sure where they wanted me to stuff all my toys too.)

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
All of them. By the time I was 15, I had nothing left except a few blankets and a stuffed bear from when I was a baby. My Mother kept those particular items so that I would be able to use them for my own baby when the time came (if ever). My Mother had a habit of just going through my room and getting rid of whatever she assumed I didn't like anymore or that she thought I was just too old for. This always took place when I was away. Usually at school.

She even gave my black guinea pig, Lego, to the carpet installer because he wanted to get one for his son. When I confronted her about it she said, "Oh please, you didn't care about him." That wasn't true, but she had already made up her mind that it was true and that what she had done was perfectly acceptable. He was long gone by the time I came home and found out so there wasn't much I could do about it. So you know,..*raspberry*

Slash Joel

Apr 7, 2011
My dad gave my Super Nes away to charity because it had sat for over a year in storage. It was a gift from my now dead grandma and all the games that I owned for it were bought through saving bday money and doing odd jobs for money. That console was a huge part of my childhood and he just gave it away. Worse part about it was that was a huge betrayal and he acts like it was nothing. I remain pissed to this day.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
I had a boomerang and slingshot that disappeared one day. I have no idea where they went. I could no longer pretend to be Young Link.

;__;

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Last year my dad cleaned out the attic and I asked him to keep all the old PC games that I got when I was 7 back in 1996; but the arse threw them away regardless of him saying "I'll stick them in your room when I found them."

there were a bunch of games in that collection that I want to play but can't remember any of the names. two of them came in a 15 game box set that included Street Fighter 2 (not sure which version). one was were you piloted a jet and on the first level you had to take out several radars in a snow covered mountain area; the second was a Isometric game were you control a sci-fi styled jet and the level I remember most was a jungle level with fuel pipes and silos of some sort. there was another game as well, it was a War mech game from the pilot's perspective, but I doubt I'll ever find them again.

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
kortin said:
I had a boomerang and slingshot that disappeared one day. I have no idea where they went. I could no longer pretend to be Young Link.

;__;
Damn. I used to have a slingshot for the exact same reason.

OT: I honestly cant think of anything atm. I did assume someone threw my N64 away at some point, but I actually found it in our attic about 3 or 4 years later. (Still works)

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I donated all of my Legos and Lego Technic to the Physics Club back at KSU. Only because there was no more room to carry them when I was moving out of my apartment after I had graduated. I figured it was time to let it go and give it to a group of people that would enjoy playing with them on the fly.

I also had left a few game disks back at KSU.

While I'm not angry about it and my dad's awesome, he told me I shouldn't try to sell my Pokémon cards because they wouldn't be worth anything. I think he eventually recycled them.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I got really lucky; my parents never really got rid of any of my stuff without my permission. Instead, every year or so they gave me a garbage bag for me to toss anything I didn't want anymore.
I did have a red pillow with Mickey Mouse's face on it, which was my security blanket for many years, and they threw it out because it had gotten really old and ratty. I can't think of anything else, though.

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
My NES was given to my step-mom's niece and nephew without my knowledge and my Mom and step-dad sold their house over a summer while I was visiting my Dad and all of my baseball, basketball, hockey, Marvel and Magic cards were up in the attic.

I didn't get into Magic until Revised so I didn't have any of the truely valuable cards, but still.

Unfortunately, I can only blame myself for selling my SNES ... and Chrono Trigger ...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I used to have this little plastic guitar toy, it was such a fucking pain in the ass and made such a racket that my parents put it on top of the kitchen cabinet and then lost it. Oh, and the foam-covered baseball bat thing we had, they took it away from us because all we ever used it for was beating the crap out of eachother. To be fair, I don't blame them, we were pretty annoying kids sometimes and those toys certainly didn't help.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
kortin said:

;__;
If they threw the boomerang away, wouldn't it have just come back? :p Womp womp wommmmp.

OT: Honestly I can't say I got very attached to toys as a kid. My mum has always had this awful obsession with throwing away my possessions for no reason. I don't own a single toy/teddy from when I was a kid because it just all got binned or lost while moving. If I hadn't played with a toy for about four minutes she'd assume I didn't want it any more and gave it to someone else. A few of my old teddies are with my nieces now, she didn't even ask and my nieces have chucked them because who wants old teddies?