Toys you had as a kid... then destroyed, sold or "lost" by your parents. DAMN YOU MOM AND DAD!!

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I had all 3 of the villains of the "Inhumanoids" show. I freakin' loved those things.

Google it if you don't know what "Inhumanoids" was, totally bad-ass kids cartoon.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
I remember having this huge collection of Donald Duck comic books. My parents took it away once when I misbehaved. Never saw it again. Apparently they mistook it for trash and threw it in the bin.

Oct 2, 2012
My family has been mostly good with this kind of thing. Most childhood items I don't have any more disappeared cuz of theft or I threw them away once they broke.
I am very protective of my stuff.

My Aunt did throw away a couple notebooks filled with my best short stories and poetry however and almost threw away my physical copy of Spyro the Dragon.
Well, she did throw it away but I just happened to visit her the day she did it and I dug through five garbage bags to save it. The game was my mom's and its one of the very few things I have that she gave me.
Then I threw an epic shit fit about it and took all the stuff I had tucked away in her house.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
A full collection of mostly pristine loose GI Joe circa '84-'91. And pretty much every major vehicle that went with them, incliding
[img="USS Flagg Aircraft Carrier"]http://www.klrtech.com/0gijoeflagg16.JPG[/img] And yes I had the plane.

My parents didn't sell them, didn't destroy them. They gave them away. I'll let that sink in. Without asking me. More sinking in.
Giving them credit, afterward when I raised hell and rightfully so, they regretted it because they didn't ask. Those meant a lot to me besides being my favorite childhood toys (as evidenced by my bagging their individual accessories in sandwich bags and entombing them in plastic boxes when not in play) they were also gifts from my grandparents whom I cherished so much.
It sucked, I mean I had almost every Cobra figure, vehicle and playset and 1/2 of the cooler Joes and their respective vehicles.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
When I moved out to college last year and we cleaned out my room (we were also cleaning because we had bed bugs and wanted to get rid of anything we didn't need in case they were in them), I am fairly certain my mom threw out all of my old Pokemon and other Nintendo handheld games. Pretty much every one before Black/White 2. So that was rather infuriating. I didn't make it obvious how mad I was, but... I was pretty pissed off. Especially since I told her that I would deal with all my stuff myself.

kortin said:
I had a boomerang and slingshot that disappeared one day. I have no idea where they went. I could no longer pretend to be Young Link.

;__;
Time to take up archery and bomb making? X3

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Never, oddly and thankfully enough. I think my dad might have had such experiences when he was growing up, and it was pretty clear that they had not been forgotten or forgiven. They never even threatened with it, and I got to manage my clutter on my own peril. I'm spoiled by life to the point that dear mum drove all the way back to a recycling station once to rescue a teddy once she realised it had gone into an outgoing box by accident.

I'm very thankful that they did keep their hands off my clutter, because I simply cannot accept people doing as they wish with things that belongs to you, that they know you value. Or, at the very least, they are not one hundred percent sure that you don't. Not to mention, I could be a vindictive child, and ending up with a household bin war isn't exactly something you would want.

In the rather unlikely event that I have children, I hope I'll have the patience to continue on that note. It's their clutter, but they are the ones who will have to clean it away or have to bulldoze their way to the bed.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
My Mom trashed my gigantic childhood chest full of legos.

I still really haven't fully forgiven her for it.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
My parents actually insisted I keep a lot of toys I thought of throwing out. I have roughly 50+ Lego sets from the early 1990's a bin full of K'nex, a few transformers here and there, and about 40 board games.

Only thing they gave away without asking is the SNES and the 5 games we had for it. It was my dads anyways but I had been playing it regularly for months.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
My Beast Wars transformers (a decent number of them,) SNES + games and basically all of my toys were given away by my father when we moved across the country when I was 10. They'd been moved across as well but my dad decided to give them away without asking anybody. I didn't find out until I went to hook up the SNES. When I was younger (maybe 7 or 8) He also gave away my puppy after we had it for a couple of weeks.

I'll admit, I think that all had a lasting effect. Never trust anybody ever. XD

FancyNick

Mar 4, 2013
Not sure if this counts but all my old toys (old video game systems, legos, binders of pokemon cards, etc) were in storage and then the storage area went up in flames. I died a little that day.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010

OP? You gonna take part?

I remember when me and brother misbehaved when we were younger, we'd have to go through the trauma of watching our dad grab stuff from around our room, stuff them into a black bag and store them in the attic. I'm pretty sure a lot of the stuff that went through that process was never seen again. The main stuff I remember is a floppy necked stuffed dinosaur and a stuffed Agumon I cared a lot about. I only remember this happening once, though the image is still burned into my mind. I remember my dad a lot different to how he is, now. He's kept his positive old habits, but he certainly had to mellow out a lot since he got sick.

I'm terrified of my mum throwing my old stuff out, also. I never had myself to blame for the loss of my old things because I've always been a hoarder. My brother traded TS3 away because he wanted to buy new games claiming "it was pointless to have, given that we had TS2". I tried convincing him otherwise, but he had made his mind up, wasn't until years later I came across the old Scotland the Brave track, was awash with nostalgia and had to buy a copy off of eBay ASAP. My brother had ended up regretting the decision by that point.

Thankfully most of my old vidyas, the ones that I care about, are still about. Pretty sure the N64 is gone, but I'm not sure about the PS1. the Dreamcast is definitely gone.

Zak757

Oct 12, 2013
I made a battleship out of LEGO that was about 5 foot long that my cousin trashed because it would be "funny." Asshole.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
It happened several times over my childhood, but the one that sticks out the most is when my parents gave away ALL of my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys. And I had ALOT of them, too. Including the giant Krang figure and the entire Technodrome.

Can't really be mad about it, since they gave them to a couple kids who had absolutely no toys as kids. None. Their mom didn't believe in buying them toys. So, I guess it was for a good cause.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
My parents where pretty good on the whole and always consulted me before donating/trashing my things. With one (understandable) exception: A cockatoo glove puppet I bought at the Church's annual fete when I was 5. It just so happened to have a squeaker in the beak, and I drove my parents mental with it. So next year, guess what mysteriously slipped into the donation boxes. I proceeded to buy it back. It took them 3 years to finally get rid of the damn thing (I'm fairly certain they paid the church not to sell it back to me).

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I had all the jurassic park figures, Several Gi Joes, and a lot of the Aliens ones that came with the dark horse comics too.

That said lets see I skinned the Dinosaur ones to see if they had skeleton like dinosaur bones underneath. Both the human figures from the JP and the GI Joes fell victim to M-80 Explosive tests or melted with a blowtorch. I don't remember what happened to the Aliens ones maybe those got given away or lost in a move.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Anyone remember the Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Toyline? Basically, they were dinosaur hybrids with a rather garish color scheme.

Apparently, the toys didn't sell very well, due to being considered ugly. While I agree the choice of coloration was... questionable, I loved these things due to the concept and cool designs... though that might have been due to my fondness for dinosaurs as a kid.

Sadly, some planned designs were never actually created, which is a shame because one of the planned ideas was a hybrid of Tyrannosaurs Rex, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Velociraptor. How could would that have been?!?!?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
One thing I remember very clearly was this little Astrix & Obelix comic I had, truly tiny like 10 centimeters tall or something. I read it constantly, knew it by heart, but I still read it because it was comforting and stuff like that.

And then my father just threw it out for no reason, tearing it up in front of me. I might have screeched.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
We moved around a lot as I was growing up, so a lot of old stuff just tended to disappear each time we moved. Old sports equipment generally didn't make the cut (swingball sets, old footballs, bicycles, etc), all that sort of stuff.

I do remember that my brother left my favourite stuffed animal behind in a hotel in Japan once though. Took it out of the suitcase and didn't tell me. That kind of sucked :p

Apart from that, nothing I can really remember, I'm afraid.