Trailers: Batman: Arkham CIty - Nightwing Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Batman: Arkham CIty - Nightwing Trailer

Have you ever wanted to play a videogame as Nightwing? Me neither.

Watch Video

MrJoyless

May 26, 2010
I was never a huge fan of nightwing but his animations and combat styles look amazing, I'll give it a spin if i have the chance.

killa_kid

Mar 17, 2009
This looks promising. The electricity could be fun to play with.

Oh and trailers need to stop ripping off the Inception music. It is really annoying now.

XSin

Jul 21, 2009
I was a big fan of Nightwing in the comics, especially The Outsiders, but that splits-kick he does a couple of time near the start is a huge dealbreaker, he looks like a tard *sigh*

Scytail

Jan 26, 2010
The animated series skin is nice and all but it looks out of place in the setting of the game.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Arkham City PC release: Nov 15
Nightwing DLC release: Nov 1

So what your saying is that console players will get the first official DLC before I can even play the game on PC at all? I call shenanigans. :(

Keldon888

Apr 25, 2009
I dunno, I'd be more inclined to get it if I could free roam as the DLC characters, like you can with catwoman after you beat the game.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I keep asking this question, buuut, how in the hell is he going to glide or reach a gargoyle? Does he know parkour that can break the laws of physics or something?

Oct 30, 2010
Sparrow said:
I keep asking this question, buuut, how in the hell is he going to glide or reach a gargoyle? Does he know parkour that can break the laws of physics or something?
There's no reason he couldn't be carrying a grapple. Or have a grapple inside one of those sticks. Catwoman already does "glide" just by jumping at the dude.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Sparrow said:
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be similar to what Batman beyond has; his suit is probably advanced and has these wings that come out of the arm area which will allow him to glide. Not sure but I think it's something similar. As for grappling, if Robin has a grapple device then I'm sure Nightwing does to. I would like if a comic reader could confirm this for me.

But yeah, Nightwing is awesome; I was always a fan of him, especially since it's the original Robin (Dick Grayson) who went off on his own and became a badass. I have Robin so I am definitely getting Nightwing.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I thought the game came out last week why is there a trailer now or is this just more content they left out to charge extra for?

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
The Gentleman said:
Nightwing: Because sometimes Batman just isn't brutal enough.
How? Was Nightwing a sadistic bastard in the comics or cartoon or something? Imdon't know much about him.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
ProtoChimp said:
The Gentleman said:
How? Was Nightwing a sadistic bastard in the comics or cartoon or something? Imdon't know much about him.
Not really. In the Animated series, they had a serious falling out over a guy who was essentially collateral damage when Batman interrogated him in front of his kid.

According to the Wiki, the Comic book reason was that he started doing some solo work and eventually left over disagreements of practice, but not in the explosive manner that the animated series opted for.

In the game: he uses nightsticks affixed with cattle prods at the end. I would say that is a tad more brutal than Batman punching you in the face.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Flashy.

I have the feeling that Nightwing is going to be my "Raiden". I'll have to keep to myself that I actually enjoyed playing as him.

Wait...

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I see Rocksteady is clearly spending all its time and resources "tuning" the PC version.....yup.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
The Gentleman said:
ProtoChimp said:
The Gentleman said:
Not really. In the Animated series, they had a serious falling out over a guy who was essentially collateral damage when Batman interrogated him in front of his kid.

According to the Wiki, the Comic book reason was that he started doing some solo work and eventually left over disagreements of practice, but not in the explosive manner that the animated series opted for.

In the game: he uses nightsticks affixed with cattle prods at the end. I would say that is a tad more brutal than Batman punching you in the face.
Wait what do you mean collateral damage.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
ProtoChimp said:
The Gentleman said:
ProtoChimp said:
The Gentleman said:

Wait what do you mean collateral damage.
He was essentially a small-time hired hand who took a questionable job with whatever temp agency the named-villains contract out to in order to make ends meet. If I remember correctly, he was just a driver or lookout for the actual actors and managed to get away when guess-who showed up. The main villain escaped and this guy has Batman knocking on his door the next night while his kid is still up to find out where said villain is holding up (he didn't know).