Trailers: Battlefield 3 Gameplay Teaser

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
OhJohnNo said:
Wolfram01 said:
Must have been PC footage.
Why?

OT: I thought it looked OK, from the tiny amount of footage we got. Of course, if BF:BC2 is anything to go by, this will be amazing.

This looked like singleplayer footage to me. I wonder if they'll actually be doing the singleplayer more than just "decent" this time.
Can't do that on consoles. I saw sunrays, depth of field usage, it definitely had smooth graphics which generally means anti aliasing, which you almost never get on console versions. It just looked too good to be console footage. Although, I will say that Crysis 2 looks damn good on console so I might very well be wrong. However, I know for certain that BF3 is being developped for PCs to the fullets, using the latest DX11 tricks and gimicks to make it as awesome looking as possible.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
Surely they could have done something better with their time, like work on the game?

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I just hope that whatever they do with this game, that it's a lot like BF:BC2. And I don't mean just the multiplayer, but the single player as well. The ability to move around and use alternate methods to kill enemies is a great thing to have in a game, which the people who make Call of Duty never seem to understand. And I like a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, so that when rock music starts playing right before or after an emotional moment, it doesn't make absolutely no sense.

Dec 14, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
Corpse XxX said:
Looks completely and exactly the same as every other generic shooter that has come out the last 3-5 years.. Nothing special at all..
Yeap, my thoughts exactly. Gave me a very strong Medal of Honor vibe, except set in a city instead of a desert town.

Now when I think Battlefield, I don't think tight urban combat, I think huge battles. This teaser didn't show any of that.
What basically amounts to a slideshow of about 5 images can't really show you much in the way of what enviroments the game takes place in. Hell, if it does take place in an urban enviroment how do you know it wasn't just on map of an entire city, and have you completely forgotten about the destructibility shown in the most recent Battlefield games? I don't believe Medal of Honour had any of that.

The way you people pretensiously jump to conclusions is ridiculous, atleast wait for a full gameplay trailer (not teaser) to let your pessimism out.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
JoshGod said:
Surely they could have done something better with their time, like work on the game?
I hate it when people say stuff like this. Its not like the Battlefield team are just one group, there is marketing, sound, programming teams etc etc. This is the work of the marketing team, to generate more hype, they use whatever footage the other teams give them. Its their job, and their only job.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
philosophicalbastard said:
Cowabungaa said:
Corpse XxX said:
Looks completely and exactly the same as every other generic shooter that has come out the last 3-5 years.. Nothing special at all..
Yeap, my thoughts exactly. Gave me a very strong Medal of Honor vibe, except set in a city instead of a desert town.

Now when I think Battlefield, I don't think tight urban combat, I think huge battles. This teaser didn't show any of that.
What basically amounts to a slideshow of about 5 images can't really show you much in the way of what enviroments the game takes place in. Hell, if it does take place in an urban enviroment how do you know it wasn't just on map of an entire city, and have you completely forgotten about the destructibility shown in the most recent Battlefield games? I don't believe Medal of Honour had any of that.

The way you people pretensiously jump to conclusions is ridiculous, atleast wait for a full gameplay trailer (not teaser) to let your pessimism out.
Thing is, even in a teaser you'd think that they'd show what Battlefield is all about, just in a very short and cryptic manner that makes one hungry for moar. Well given, I'm still hungry for more.

Ain't saying the game is going to be fail, very much doubt so, I was saying the teaser was pretty fail. At least from my perspective. And the new reincarnation of the Battlefield theme...man that hurts on the ears.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Wolfram01 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Wolfram01 said:
Must have been PC footage.
Why?

OT: I thought it looked OK, from the tiny amount of footage we got. Of course, if BF:BC2 is anything to go by, this will be amazing.

This looked like singleplayer footage to me. I wonder if they'll actually be doing the singleplayer more than just "decent" this time.
Can't do that on consoles. I saw sunrays, depth of field usage, it definitely had smooth graphics which generally means anti aliasing, which you almost never get on console versions. It just looked too good to be console footage. Although, I will say that Crysis 2 looks damn good on console so I might very well be wrong. However, I know for certain that BF3 is being developped for PCs to the fullets, using the latest DX11 tricks and gimicks to make it as awesome looking as possible.
Well, I hope it does look that good on the 360. Those graphics were awesome.

It is just too bad, though, that the 360 misses out on 64-aside battles... *sniff* I want in on that...

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Sorry for what'll probably be a double post, but:

Daaaah Whoosh said:
I just hope that whatever they do with this game, that it's a lot like BF:BC2. And I don't mean just the multiplayer, but the single player as well. The ability to move around and use alternate methods to kill enemies is a great thing to have in a game, which the people who make Call of Duty never seem to understand. And I like a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, so that when rock music starts playing right before or after an emotional moment, it doesn't make absolutely no sense.
I do agree with this sentiment. I found BF:BC2's levels to be a bit linear compared to Halo or the first Mass Effect (and by that I mean the indoor sections), but they still offered you freedom of choice in many places when it came to dealing with enemies. I like it when games do this - way more replay value than excessively linear games (the biggest offender I remember playing being Half-Life 2, except for Ravenholm, though admittedly I haven't played any CoD games).

IZRA

Jan 7, 2011
well judging by those few seconds of footage, i can say that i'm impressed. by the battle fields series is all about sandbox combat,fight nay way you want, this is what i want to see a glimpse of in the full trailer

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
SovietX said:
JoshGod said:
I hate it when people say stuff like this. Its not like the Battlefield team are just one group, there is marketing, sound, programming teams etc etc. This is the work of the marketing team, to generate more hype, they use whatever footage the other teams give them. Its their job, and their only job.
I'm well aware of that, i'm dissapointed at a teaser which is very poor, i'm sorry to have expected a teaser to tease me without just showing nothing. Perhaps they could do a better job or replace them with people who could be working on the game. Perhaps people wouldn't leave these type of comments if the trailers were good.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Oh God. It looks like it might have... a single player campaign. DUN DUN DUUUUUN

And that's bad news. I'll only play multiplayer if I even get it at all anyway.

CarrieWhitaker

Oct 11, 2010
The Gentleman said:
Anyone getting a lot of Metal of Honor deja vu?

Also, the game is over six months out and they're already teasing DLC? That's never a good sign...
Possibly, possibly not. The most popular map overall on BF2 /was/ Karkand. Dangling a Karkand expansion free may just bring more response from the people who couldn't get enough of it, even with all the jillion 24/7 Karkand servers. :p

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
What do you do when you have either no faith in your game, or nothing good to show for your work?

Make a teaser just like this.

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
well from the teaser we can confirm that there will be guns and youll be able to fire them.

good enough for me cant w8 for the game to be released.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Very pretty, but I'm horribly disappointed I didn't get to hear the classic Battlefield song, instead they just used the BRRR, BRR, BRRRRRR sounds somewhat like the song.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
It's as though DICE is skittish about showing substance, lest the fans realize the condition of their product. Which, after BFBC2, isn't entirely unlikely.

Also, why do they insist on using that shitty techno music? It's terrible. It sounds like someone is hitting the microphone against a table.