Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: America

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Huh, this sort of reminds me of the Chinese invasion of America in Fallout, the German invasion of America in Turning point: Fall of Liberty, the North Korean invasion of America in Homefront, the Russian invasion of America in the previous game, and the Alien invasion of America in anything that ever involved aliens in any way, shape or form, and especially the latest Crysis game.

Blimey, this concept of America getting invaded has barely been touched upon, I can't wait to see this game! I'm sure it'll involve new and ground breaking recycled environments from previous games with endless hordes of generic bad guys.

I look forward to the endless forum flame wars about whether or not the multiplayer is unbalanced and hordes of "I TOOK A CASH BRIBE SO THIS GAME GETS A 10/10" reviews.

Seriously though; not saying this is an inch worse than every other action game made since 2001 but in this instance I am able to contain my excitement.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Tired setting, same story line...
I've been bored of call of duty for a little while now, and I'm sure this game will not change that

Ulvai

Mar 9, 2010
winter2 said:
Ulvai said:
kiltmanfortywo said:
I saw the videos on another site, it included Germany and England as well. At the end of each, there is a russian voice saying a number, followed by a sentence I can't quite make out. The numbers I have heard are 1(adeen), 2(dva), and 4(shateari). Anybody found 3?(It will be pronounced like "tree")
I know russian. Here is what he is saying:
America: One. Destroy enemy's hope of winning. (It is said horribly wrong in Russian, some words don't really exist)
England: Two. Use everything to your advantage. (Much better russian)
France: Three. Exploit your enemies weakness.
Germany: Four. Attack from unexpected side.

I believe this is from Sun Tzu's "Art of War"
I'm sorry.. I just couldn't fail noticing the whole "wrong russian" thing.. Are you frikkin' telling me they couldn't bother to make sure that the bad guys know their own language in their own teaser???????

That's just... stunning. What did they do? Google translate it and hope for the best??
Oh, thats quite common, actually. In american films, tv shows and games.

Ruffythepirate

Apr 15, 2008
r0binh00d said:
apolgies for (lack of)length but...
WHY DOESN'T ANYONE EVER DO WW1!?
If you do your homework and read up on how WW1 was fought, it becomes pretty obvious why nobody does a WW1 game.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
buy teh haloz said:
Really? New York again? Can we please have a different locale in the US that isn't Washington DC or New York? Maybe a war-torn San Francisco? Imagine having shootouts on a crumbling Golden Gate bridge.

Oh, and this is going to be an awesome year for gaming in between this, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield 3 among many others. Color me excited! :D
Didn't they do that in homefront? Or am I...Wrong game...I dunno I think they did.

Viva La Bob

Mar 23, 2009
So what? The odds of this doing anything to make the franchise any different to previous games is very slim. Same engine, same battles but maybe with the Statue of Liberty in the background. Also for the price of this game how many independent companies could produce games with better content and far more originality?

Modern Warfare, The Michael Bay of games. Spectacle over substance.

Also another sequel? Is that what this industry needs?

Hoxton

Oct 10, 2008
kiltmanfortywo said:
I saw the videos on another site, it included Germany and England as well. At the end of each, there is a russian voice saying a number, followed by a sentence I can't quite make out. The numbers I have heard are 1(adeen), 2(dva), and 4(shateari). Anybody found 3?(It will be pronounced like "tree")
America: Один: Уничтожить вражескую надежду на победу.
One: Destroy the enemy's hope of being victorious.
England: Два: Используй все к своему приемуществу.
Two: Use everything to gain leverage.
France: Три: Воспользуйся слабостью своего врага.
Three: Use the enemy's weakneses.
Germany Четыре: Атакуй, с неожиданной стороны.
Four: Attack from an unexpected side.

That's pretty much it.
P.S. THE RUSSIANS ARE EVIL >>>>>AGAIN?!<<<<<

HaMSt3rBoT

Apr 2, 2010
Not another oneee... Wasn't homefront enough screen time?

GET OUT OF MY GAMES, AMERICA. Or New York at least. You've had your spotlight. And you tore it off it's hinges. And ate it.

I know they have a story to complete, but please let this be the last!
Then again, I won't be buying it anyhow. MW2 was the swansong for me.

But then, that's my opinion.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
[Haters gonna hate image goes here]

I'm excited. It will be fun, I'm sure. CoD definitely isn't perfect but I've always enjoyed playing them, and I doubt this will be any different.
Agreed. I never liked the multiplayer, and while the story in the second one was rather.....wtf-ey, the set pieces, voice acting and the rest was really well done. Biggest beef I have with the games is that they cost full price, and it takes so little time to finish them. I would have loved MW2 if it were an extra three hours long.

JimbobDa3rd

Sep 21, 2008
Kargathia said:
JimbobDa3rd said:
buy teh haloz said:
Color me excited! :D
As long as the color is some shade of brown or grey and is gritty and realistic ;)
Could somebody please explain to me why CoD is considered "realistic"? Maybe so when compared to Serious Sam, but last time I checked bullet wounds didn't heal up by going emo in a corner.

It was easily the most painful test I ever did, but it was worth it. For science.
Sorry Ill clarify my post, I was mearly refering to the games aesthetics. I dont think people consider the gameplay itself to be realistic. To my knowledge the closest to realistic shooter you get would be in the Rainbow 6 Tom Clancy Games on the highest difficulty (or the early Ghost Recons before AWF)

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
HaMSt3rBoT said:
Not another oneee... Wasn't homefront enough screen time?

GET OUT OF MY GAMES, AMERICA. Or New York at least. You've had your spotlight. And you tore it off it's hinges. And ate it.
Agreed. Im American and think the games industry shows to much of America.
Next game how about China invades Russia or something (no US involvement)

I watched the video and am somewhat confused. Didnt America beat the Russians in MW2?
the whole Nuke over DC thing and the unrealistic EMP where the player helps to retake the white house and then an NPC says "So, when are we going to Moscow?" and then Shepard says something about we lost alot but we will recover and finding Macorov.

Is New York supposed to be like pre Nuke/EMP or is it still going on or... oh screw it

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
JimbobDa3rd said:
Kargathia said:
JimbobDa3rd said:
buy teh haloz said:
Color me excited! :D
As long as the color is some shade of brown or grey and is gritty and realistic ;)
Could somebody please explain to me why CoD is considered "realistic"? Maybe so when compared to Serious Sam, but last time I checked bullet wounds didn't heal up by going emo in a corner.

It was easily the most painful test I ever did, but it was worth it. For science.
Sorry Ill clarify my post, I was mearly refering to the games aesthetics. I dont think people consider the gameplay itself to be realistic. To my knowledge the closest to realistic shooter you get would be in the Rainbow 6 Tom Clancy Games on the highest difficulty (or the early Ghost Recons before AWF)
D'awww, you're getting me all nostalgic now. Played both the first GR and R6:Rogue Spear to death.

Personally I'd say though that if you're talking about ultra-realism it'd be ArmA, Operation Flashpoint and America's Army (last one is so realistic, it even comes with the nationalist American douchebags).
(No offence, except if you're the kind of guy that posts "god bless America" in server messages)

Back on topic though... can we please start setting games in some other capital city now? If only because by now I won't need a map of New York anymore, and I kinda was planning to visit Moscow some time.

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
Oh. Look. Russians are the evil douche bags that talk weird to anyone that knows the language.

What a twist.